Thread: Accutane

mfotino82 is offline Junior Member

Accutane

I never had acne growing up, pretty much perfect skin. Once I started using AAS, i have had horrible cystic acne. I have tried every medication, wash, treatment, and it has done nothing. On and off cycle, the acne does not clear up. It is to the point where I am embarrassed to take my shirt off. I have heard that Accutane is the best solution for severe acne once all other treatments do not work.

Any advice or comments on Accutane and your experience? Do you take Accutane on or off cycle, does it matter? Can you take orals while on Accutane?

I am currently off cycle and plan on starting back up in a few weeks. Will be running Dbol , Decca and Test.

Thanks!

JWOD is offline Junior Member
    I'm in my first month of my second course of accutane myself and it's made a difference already and I'm only taking 40mg ED. I'm going to double it for months 2-6. Nothing else would work (doxycycline/minocycline). As far as orals go it depends on how you liver handles them. When I started accutane my doctor made me sign a booklet saying I would not smoke/drink while I'm because it could raise my liver enzymes. They have a bloodtest done every month checking the liver enzymes to make sure accutane is not doing permanent damage. So if you drink (or take orals) and your liver enzymes go up they will not allow you to continue. Yes you could dose it on your own but they make you stop for a reason...In my opinion I'd stay away from orals especially dbol .

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I would oil to use accutane on cycle then along with proper cleaning/ scrubbing
    Do you run an AI on cycle as estrogen can exacerbate the problem or even possible be the root cause.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    I use accutane as needed, once you have a good amount over say a week or two i'd taper back to EOD or E3D to decrease issues.

yes, i run adex.

Quote Originally Posted by JWOD View Post
    I'm in my first month of my second course of accutane myself and it's made a difference already and I'm only taking 40mg ED. I'm going to double it for months 2-6. Nothing else would work (doxycycline/minocycline). As far as orals go it depends on how you liver handles them. When I started accutane my doctor made me sign a booklet saying I would not smoke/drink while I'm because it could raise my liver enzymes. They have a bloodtest done every month checking the liver enzymes to make sure accutane is not doing permanent damage. So if you drink (or take orals) and your liver enzymes go up they will not allow you to continue. Yes you could dose it on your own but they make you stop for a reason...In my opinion I'd stay away from orals especially dbol.
    Thanks!

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would avoid it like a plague.... Try a couple heavy ruins of antibitotics before that stuff, its very nasty/dirty... can **** with you YEARS after stopping. In my OP should not even be on the market..

east coast 13 is offline Junior Member
    I tried everything from creams to antibiotics nothing worked till when I used accutane at 20mg a day starting to see result in 1 week by week 2 I was amazed I stayed for 2 month cleared all my acne I had it really bad after my test cycle . The only dude effect I had was a little dry lips . So I would recommend it

AsEpSiS is offline Associate Member
    Accutane changed my life! I had gnarly acne that nothing else could cure. I self prescribed a low dose for about 2-3 months and never had another issue. The side effects were horrendous, but overall...it was worth it. Drink lots of water, and be wary of drinking and certain AAS. I refrained from taking any AAS or alcohol while I was on it.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    If u do run accutane and you get blood work -on your own keep us posted of the amount you used and effect on liver values. I am also interested in using it but would be with doctors supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    If u do run accutane and you get blood work -on your own keep us posted of the amount you used and effect on liver values. I am also interested in using it but would be with doctors supervision.
    Will do, I go to dermatologist on friday.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfotino82 View Post
    I never had acne growing up, pretty much perfect skin. Once I started using AAS, i have had horrible cystic acne. I have tried every medication, wash, treatment, and it has done nothing. On and off cycle, the acne does not clear up. It is to the point where I am embarrassed to take my shirt off. I have heard that Accutane is the best solution for severe acne once all other treatments do not work.

Any advice or comments on Accutane and your experience? Do you take Accutane on or off cycle, does it matter? Can you take orals while on Accutane?

I am currently off cycle and plan on starting back up in a few weeks. Will be running Dbol , Decca and Test.

Thanks!

The thing about ACCUTANE is it can very GREATLY from person to person.
    From what I've seen and know I would use it only as a last ditch effort.

WheelieFreakz is offline Banned
    100 mg per day for 6 months. never really had acne since.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    Just got back from derm. Denied Accutane for now, liver enzyme levels are too high. AST 205. ALT 112. Just came off a 20 week cycle, 5 weeks ago. Have been taking milk thistle but it's not having much of an impact. Going to start taking NAC and Liv 52, then go back to derm in a few weeks to get retested.

ChrisG217 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfotino82 View Post

Thanks!
    I'll chime in on this....

I was on accutane as a teenager due to cystic acne from puberty. Worked great with a possibility of never recurring again. Ofcourse as I got older I would get a pimple here and their throughout the years. I cycled for the first time at 31. Started noticing the acne developing again on my body here and their towards the end of the cycle. Keep in mind I did not PCT or run an AI while on cycle. It got to the point where the acne wouldn't go away so I knew then and their that I would have to once again go on accutane. I'm around 100 days now on it at 80 mg ED and the body acne is finally starting to die. My opinion on your cleanliness is that it doesn't matter how clean and whatever topicals you use. STEROID ACNE does not have a hygiene remedy. Steroids trigger activity in your sebaceous glands. And that is what causes the bacteria to grow in your pores. Some people are lucky and don't have that problem. But if you get acne because of steroids and never had a history of bad acne, then accutane is most likely your only solution. And as for running accutane while on cycle, I would say it would probably not matter as far as interfering with the accutane since accutane shrinks the sebaceous glands. Good luck bud on fixing this issue, believe me... I know it sucks.

Thread Information