LBM gain per year?

To all the vets and people that have competed

Just curious as to how many lbs of lean body mass (ie. muscle)per year can be gained if you were on gear all year?

I'm not considering being on all year, hell to the no!! Just curious what the numbers would be on average, obviously genetics and nutrition play a HUGE part.

Someone told me that pro's on average gain 8-12lbs of lean body mass per year. Don't know if that is accurate or an understatement or not considering all the gear they are on.

Thoughts?

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Are you talking about pros who are already at the top of there gane? because 12 pounds a year is way off. You cant just keep growing forever or jay cutler would be 400pounds. For the pros very minimal if not even losing size for better conditioning. That being said I do remember a inteview with dorian yates were he started his first mr Olympia prep a few weeks too early and lost some mass the next year he got the timing right and he came in like 10 pounds heavier and everyone was like how the fvck do you gain that much size in a year.

ya with the pro's over time their body just doesnt respond as it used to. i was watching an interview with Dexter and he was talking about his body not responding as quickly as before (alluding to the sauce but without saying it).

but i was wondering with ur average bodybuilder that hasn't hit the pro level yet, still in amateur ranks maybe borderline pro's,, basically ur run of the mill gym rat

guess i should have been more specific

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    To all the vets and people that have competed

Just curious as to how many lbs of lean body mass (ie. muscle)per year can be gained if you were on gear all year?

I'm not considering being on all year, hell to the no!! Just curious what the numbers would be on average, obviously genetics and nutrition play a HUGE part.

Someone told me that pro's on average gain 8-12lbs of lean body mass per year. Don't know if that is accurate or an understatement or not considering all the gear they are on.

Thoughts?
    There is no way of seriously answering this,,,it would all be a guess. SO many factors to calculate.

michael30 is offline Member
    Have you heard of big ramy? But i think ALIN answered this question best. If you need an answer though then i would say your guess was close but would slow down as you got closer to max potential.

SteveUK is offline Associate Member
    The bigger you get the harder everything else is to do, from walking up the stairs to gaining a few LB of LBM, even holding onto LBM becomes hard, The less you weigh the more you can gain in a year, the more you weigh the less you will gain over a year. or something like that anyway, I'm so tired today lol.

Thread Information