Thread: Help brahs!

cypher23 is offline Junior Member

Help brahs!

It's finishing up a cycle of cyp 500mg a week.2ndcycle. I've noticed every other shot I usually get a pretty big lump. Am I allergic to cyp or do I need a 1.5" instead of 1" pins? Not sure!!! Also the lumps go away but they get kinda big. I was wondering if I could use anti biotics to get rid of it faster as we'll.

Thanks guys

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    How many ML are you injecting, is the injection site painful, red or warm to the touch?

Quote Originally Posted by king6 II
    How many ML are you injecting, is the injection site painful, red or warm to the touch?

1ml. And not painful just a tiny bit tender. It's a little red. Not warm tho

But I've had this happen multiple times and it always goes down but it usually takes 3-4 days

4linked is offline Associate Member
    Any other sides do you feel funny?

Quote Originally Posted by 4linked
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by 4linked
    I usually get nervous lol, but with my experience it has always subsided

I usually massage my injection area after injection, but I have never had the issue you have had. Maybe a small lump here and there. What gauge needle are you using? Maybe your ramming the needle too hard.

I usually massage my injection area after injection, but I have never had the issue you have had. Maybe a small lump here and there. What gauge needle are you using? Maybe your ramming the needle too hard.

I think it's 25 gauge bro. Theoretically if it were serious how do you tell a doc? I've already had a scare before and went in and told him what I was taking(a big no no) and luckily my insurance didn't find out

I have antibiotics on hand too. Will that help? Also if I rub bro it makes it so much worse. One time I rubbed and it doubled in size. Irritated super bad

Quote Originally Posted by cypher23 View Post
    I think it's 25 gauge bro. Theoretically if it were serious how do you tell a doc? I've already had a scare before and went in and told him what I was taking(a big no no) and luckily my insurance didn't find out
    There is that patient doctor confidentiality thing. Besides, he is more likely to get paid by the insurance company than you So I doubt he will open his mouth. If I made 6 figures a year I certainly would not. I am suspecting it may be your injection methods. If it was tainted gear or an abscess you would have other symptoms as 4linked inquired on. Keep an eye on it, if it gets worse go to the doc.

There is that patient doctor confidentiality thing. Besides, he is more likely to get paid by the insurance company than you So I doubt he will open his mouth. If I made 6 figures a year I certainly would not. I am suspecting it may be your injection methods. If it was tainted gear or an abscess you would have other symptoms as 4linked inquired on. Keep an eye on it, if it gets worse go to the doc.
    Definitely bro thanks. But I heard that confidentiality is bs? Not sure what to believe there. But what scared me last time was he wrote it down on his notepad lol. And ya idk about the method. I really think it could be bad gear. I thought I trusted the source. It was unlabeled(lazy technique) and the safety cap was already pulled off, BUT there were no pin marks on the stopper.

But could I also be allergic to certain compounds as we'll?

What was super funny/scary tho is he asked. Is that stuff illegal...-.-

michael30 is offline Member
    op what body fat levels are you at? If your in higher body fat %. A 1.5 inch needle could def. Help. When i used a 1 inch needle and didnt get it all in the muscle. It caused a lump an a pretty significant burning feeling. Especially if i did 2-3ml. So keep this in mind. Mite be a simple fix. But you do need to keep a close eye on this to make sure not an infection.

Quote Originally Posted by michael30
    op what body fat levels are you at? If your in higher body fat %. A 1.5 inch needle could def. Help. When i used a 1 inch needle and didnt get it all in the muscle. It caused a lump an a pretty significant burning feeling. Especially if i did 2-3ml. So keep this in mind. Mite be a simple fix. But you do need to keep a close eye on this to make sure not an infection.
    Definitely will man. And ya I'm probably at 14%

mauz is offline Associate Member
    I have heard of people cutting gear with olive or veg oil and it causing you to have a bump like that . NO cap that is not a good sign ever really sketchy.

ickythump is offline Member
    I agree with post above, sounds like you're injections aren't going deep enough into muscle, I upped my glute needle to 1.5 inch, I'd have to be at 3% bf to get rid of my black girl ass, 2in wasn't cutting it

EKFitness is offline Member
    don't listen to any of the idiots talking about it not going deep enough -___- it's deep enough. go to a doctor if the problem persists.

londog is offline Junior Member
    Isn't 500mgs per ml a bit high I have been told anything over 400 mgs per ml and it's gonna hurt

Quote Originally Posted by EKFitness View Post
    don't listen to any of the idiots talking about it not going deep enough -___- it's deep enough. go to a doctor if the problem persists.
    Grow up bud, no need for name calling, go hit the bb(dot)com forums if you want to be engaged in child's play...

OP, if it's slightly red, a little raised, makes a pattern, happens regularly but goes away, it's not an infection, they don't just "come and go" what you're describing is directly in line with oil leaking out from the injection site

Quote Originally Posted by EKFitness View Post
    EK, are you there to help inject, you're so positive it's deep enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ickythump
    Grow up bud, no need for name calling, go hit the bb(dot)com forums if you want to be engaged in child's play... OP, if it's slightly red, a little raised, makes a pattern, happens regularly but goes away, it's not an infection, they don't just "come and go" what you're describing is directly in line with oil leaking out from the injection site
    Ok makes sense bro thanks. Ya it took some anti biotics too and it's going down. As usual. But is there any possibility I could be allergic to cyp too?

Absolutely...maybe get advice on an antihistamine, like benadryl, I have little advice, but that could be the problem....longer pins won't hurt in the mean time tho

EK, are you there to help inject, you're so positive it's deep enough?
    under the skin is deep enough. subq works just as well as intramuscular. OP listen to a person with experience and a brother who is an endo doc.

Release times of esters, half lives of each steroid ester, are based on intramuscular injection, release from fat is different (read: sub q) also blood flow to fat cells is different and you get uneven hormone levels. Sub q also carries higher risks of developing an abscess. And how would you have any clue what expertise or knowledge I have, no one cares what your brother does pal

Release times of esters, half lives of each steroid ester, are based on intramuscular injection, release from fat is different (read: sub q) also blood flow to fat cells is different and you get uneven hormone levels. Sub q also carries higher risks of developing an abscess. And how would you have any clue what expertise or knowledge I have, no one cares what your brother does pal
    it all absorbs into your body, stop it with the bunk science you're reading on the interwebz

also, there are multiple threads on this site that debunk the depth myth. just get it in you guy

Listen man, it'll serve you well in the future to not assume things about people and to not be a know it all.....this isn't bro science, usp drugs all at IM only for a reason...yes trt sometimes uses subq for small doses, but ml's worth should be IM...why don't you provide a link to one of these threads instead of a pissing match?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Listen man, it'll serve you well in the future to not assume things about people and to not be a know it all.....this isn't bro science, usp drugs all at IM only for a reason...yes trt sometimes uses subq for small doses, but ml's worth should be IM...why don't you provide a link to one of these threads instead of a pissing match?
    There's a few people in here of late that can't seem to offer a sincere response without putting down others.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    There's a few people in here of late that can't seem to offer a sincere response without putting down others.
    of late? I've been around 4 years. subq works, and just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EKFitness

of late? I've been around 4 years. subq works, and just as well.
    I was specifically referring to comments across several threads the last few days, not just this one.

I'm aware of your membership sign up date.

I never questioned your response with respect to SQ route of administration. Please point out where I have challenged your response. My comment was in reference to tactfulness not legitimacy of the response.

I've been practicing medicine for 18 years. I'm well informed about appropriate and possible ROA for medical applications, thank you all the same.

MI, what's your take for OP's sake, as i slightly eluded I've seen sub q for trt or small dosages but that's mostly it for large (500 and up) steroid doses, and personally every time I don't get deep enough I get the same irritation OP described...can you shed any light on all this?

MI, what's your take for OP's sake, as i slightly eluded I've seen sub q for trt or small dosages but that's mostly it for large (500 and up) steroid doses, and personally every time I don't get deep enough I get the same irritation OP described...can you shed any light on all this?
    SubQ injections are more ideal for water soluble compounds or low doses. Vascularity is greater in muscle tissue, thereby facilitating absorption and distribution of a drug. SQ injections are practical with low doses (25-75mg) but can lead to slower absorption and more pain if a drug is suspended in oil, doses are highly concentrated, and/or injected volumes are high.

That doesn't mean a steroid has to be injected IM, rather, absorption, distribution, and pain are less of an issue. Deeper IM injections don't guarantee a pain free experience but in general are superior to SQ within the conditions I referenced.

Injection site pain and irritation can be caused by so many factors that its difficult to isolate causality. I've listed risk factors on here before. A secondary issue is whether pain represents an infection or local trauma. Swelling, pain, redness, and warmth in an injection area can just as easily be local irritation and slow absorption as it could be the onset of an infection. Typically when an infection is seen, pain increases, edema/swelling increases, and secondary constitutional symptoms are reported (fever, nausea, chills, loss of appetite, general malaise).

Yea I had local swelling in delt, afraid to push in to far I assumed, it left like a leak pattern if you will, redness and painful to touch, and it created a trail in relation to laying on my side, as tho with gravity...I fixed that, but every other injection in glutes was painful and seemed to do the same thing until I got a longer needle so I thought op could try that....thank you for your input MI, much respect good sir

Yea I had local swelling in delt, afraid to push in to far I assumed, it left like a leak pattern if you will, redness and painful to touch, and it created a trail in relation to laying on my side, as tho with gravity...I fixed that, but every other injection in glutes was painful and seemed to do the same thing until I got a longer needle so I thought op could try that....thank you for your input MI, much respect good sir
    No problem. Happy to provide feedback where I can.

Thread Information