MODO is offline Associate Member

First Cycle in Two Years, critique?

Hi all, this is going to be my second cycle, but life got in the way and it's been two years since my first and I've lost nearly all the gains (workout schedule and diet have been bad until this year).

I am currently 25 y/o (well, 26 in a week), 6'0", 190 lbs, maybe 10% BF (guessing), And I plan to lift naturally for a few more months until my easy gains stop (I also need to build up my joints and stability in lifts a bit more before hitting it hard again). But I like to PLAN well in advance of starting.

This cycle was designed by melding my experience with Llewllyn's 9th edition. The idea of it is to ease me back in, moderate and clean gains, push me past genetic potential, and minimize side effects / "minimize" the amount of suspicion I raise in the office.

pin every 3 days for easy pushing and to stabilize blood levels
    Testosterone Enanthate approx. 408 mg weekly

Dosing:
    85mg pin to start and then 170mg every 3 days thereafter for 12 weeks total
    -my last two pins will be 85mg each.

PCT:
    HCG every other day 2500 IU for 16 days
    Clomid 50 mg twice daily for 30 days
    Nolva: 20 mg per day for 45 days

Support:
    Lipid Stabil
    Fish Oil
    Multivitamin
    Adex on standby just in case, because better safe than gyno... that's what I always say!

A bit of history on me, I'm a resigned personal trainer and my routine/diet is on point when I decide it needs to be. My first cycle was 500 mg weekly - enanthate (never had HCG then though). With a strict diet and routine I exploded, and I have the nasty shoulder and thigh stretch marks to prove it. So I'm shooting a bit lower this time.

So I'm looking for advice from the pros! What do you guys think?

***If you guys have any suggestions please EXPLAIN the reasoning! I'm here to learn.***

itsjayman02 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MODO View Post
    Hi all, this is going to be my second cycle, but life got in the way and it's been two years since my first and I've lost nearly all the gains (workout schedule and diet have been bad until this year).

I am currently 25 y/o (well, 26 in a week), 6'0", 190 lbs, maybe 10% BF (guessing), And I plan to lift naturally for a few more months until my easy gains stop (I also need to build up my joints and stability in lifts a bit more before hitting it hard again). But I like to PLAN well in advance of starting.

This cycle was designed by melding my experience with Llewllyn's 9th edition. The idea of it is to ease me back in, moderate and clean gains, push me past genetic potential, and minimize side effects / "minimize" the amount of suspicion I raise in the office.

pin every 3 days for easy pushing and to stabilize blood levels
    Testosterone Enanthate approx. 408 mg weekly

Dosing:
    85mg pin to start and then 170mg every 3 days thereafter for 12 weeks total
    -my last two pins will be 85mg each.

PCT:
    HCG every other day 2500 IU for 16 days
    Clomid 50 mg twice daily for 30 days
    Nolva: 20 mg per day for 45 days

Support:
    Lipid Stabil
    Fish Oil
    Multivitamin
    Adex on standby just in case, because better safe than gyno... that's what I always say!

A bit of history on me, I'm a resigned personal trainer and my routine/diet is on point when I decide it needs to be. My first cycle was 500 mg weekly - enanthate (never had HCG then though). With a strict diet and routine I exploded, and I have the nasty shoulder and thigh stretch marks to prove it. So I'm shooting a bit lower this time.

So I'm looking for advice from the pros! What do you guys think?

***If you guys have any suggestions please EXPLAIN the reasoning! I'm here to learn.***
    Check Austinites link!!

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

Excellent read, but my only disagreement is with using adex and hcg on cycle. Isn't it best to save the adex in case you experience estro sides? I'm all for prophylaxis but I'm also conservative, and I think the less unnecessary chemicals the better. Thoughts? Purpose of the adex on cycle?

Also... HCG on cycle??? My leydig's are shrivelling up just thinking about it... maybe I'm wrong here but I don't understand the purpose of that, thoughts?

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Test converts to estrogen yes? So when your full of test youl be full of estrogen. So you need the arimidex to lower the estrogen. Why wait to you get sides when you can stop them from even starting?

Your guessing 10% bf have a look at this chart. Be honest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	148082

10%-12%!!!!! haha, I actually used that chart when I guessed. Also I've had the proper testing done before so I can a rough idea from memory what 12% feels like.
    Last edited by MODO; 01-30-2014 at 11:34 AM.

I could be between 12-15, but these guys are flexing in the pick so it's hard to tell. I can see the same lateral muscles as the 12% guy when I flex.

Also there is a physiological price to pay for lowering your estro too much, and it's a hard thing to try to dose for a perfect equilibrium without frequent testing. Also, when I ran 500 mg test, I had no estro sides except minimal water retention, hence my confusion.

AlphaMike is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MODO View Post
    Excellent read, but my only disagreement is with using adex and hcg on cycle. Isn't it best to save the adex in case you experience estro sides? I'm all for prophylaxis but I'm also conservative, and I think the less unnecessary chemicals the better. Thoughts? Purpose of the adex on cycle?

Also... HCG on cycle??? My leydig's are shrivelling up just thinking about it... maybe I'm wrong here but I don't understand the purpose of that, thoughts?
    HCG-Take it regularly during the cycle or blast it for the last 2-3 weeks, but don't use it during PCT because it is suppressive and thus counterproductive

Arimidex -Everyone has a different tolerance level for gyno symptoms, mine is right around 500mg per week. I use nolva for that dosage to keep gyno in check, adex for anything above but adex used SPARINGLY would be just as effective at 500mg per week, albeit more expensive.

I don't expect gyno issues, but I will be restructuring my pct and rethinking my hcg application

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MODO
    I don't expect gyno issues, but I will be restructuring my pct and rethinking my hcg application
    There is a lot more to elevated estrogen than gyno. The biggest misconception and one of my pet peeves with people. Rising estrogen can contribute to thicker blood, peripheral artery disease, thromboemboli, prostate disorders, change in mood, sexual/erectile dysfunction. Gyno should be the least of anyone's concerns. You can fix many boobs but if you stroke out, there could be no coming back from that.

As stated earlier, everyone aromatizes differently but an AI shouldn't be "on hand" it should be in use. When dosed properly and avoiding a harsh AI such as Femara, crashing your E shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Oh I agree 100%. And I will have adex on hand, I would never cycle without it in my cupboard.

Personally though, I don't think the serious risks become entirely significant at the dose and duration I am planning on cycling, barring the appearance of any visible side effects. If I observed side effects then I might think oh jeez my estro must be really wacky, and at that point be more concerned with deep vein thrombosis, etc.

Is there some risk? Well yeah. But if I were that concerned I wouldn't be raising my testosterone either, as there are similar uncontrollable effects there.

Ideally, I would love to use adex or something while on, but like I said, you can't accurately predict where your estro level will be when taking different doses without bloodwork. I don't have weekly access to a lab to find out. At the end of the day, I think low estrogen carries more harsh risks that slightly elevated estrogen. And if my estrone becomes moderate to severe, it's likely I will be seeing enough side effects to wise up and start adex.

Thread Information