MisterRogers is offline Junior Member

First cycle newbie confused????

So I decide to run my first cycle and I have been reading now for hours and seem to be spinning in circles!!
    I am 6'4" 260lbs 34 yrs old training on and off for 17yrs nat I have been training crossfit quite seriously now for two years really loving the strength training and olympic lifts so my goal is to increase strength and muscle endurance
    and lean out a little and try to be competitive next year
    my initial thought was to follow the novice cycle on the main page I want to do only Test for my first which seems to be the unanimous choice for a newbie
    I have 3- 10ml test E
    and 100- 10mg tabs of Nolva for pct
    now I wasn't planning to start until I learned as much as I could, and now I am really putting the breaks on with all the talk of AI's and HCG "S
    so the novice cycle only has Nolva in for pct but from what I am reading I need Ai's during cycle so I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing!
    weeks
    so I tried to post what I was proposing to do but the site said NO!!!!

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    You PCT should consist of clomid and nolva, you also should run and AI and HCG during a cycle. However, your diet will be the determining factor on how successful your cycle is and how much muscle you keep afterwards. Is your diet in check? Hang onto the juice and do some more research. Don't worry, the juice will be there waiting for you when your ready. Also what is your body fat percentage?

So I don' t know how I missed the big red bold letters!!!
    I am going to follow the first cycle post from Austinite

I will guess my % at about 18 diet is in check now and I am going to hang tight and read some more for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRogers View Post
    I will guess my % at about 18 diet is in check now and I am going to hang tight and read some more for sure!!
    My hats of to you bro, that is the best thing you can do for yourself right now. I am always impressed when someone can take a step back and reassess their situation. I attribute that to your age. We get a lot of early 20's kids in here that can not do that. Also bf% is a little high however, you will understand why that can be bad when you read those sticky threads. Good luck.

yes last thing I want to do is mess myself up! most cycles ! am seeing are 12 weeks if i have 30 ml is 15 weeks too long for first time?

12 weeks is perfect for first time. I would not go any longer for your first time.

AlphaMike is offline Productive Member
    OP what do you think your BF% is?

From what I gather, you want to be a competitive crossfitter. The newbie cycle layout is an excellent template for people with bodybuilding goals but could be problematic for a crossfit athlete due to the pumps from higher doses of test. You won't know for sure how you react to testosterone until you try it, but you may want to try a lower dose at first and work upwards. You'll still gain muscle, lose bodyfat (provided you diet and training are good), and recover more quickly after your workouts.

One last point.
    Using a strong AI such as arimidex or letrozole for testosterone dosages under 500mg per week is overkill IMO.

EDIT: ignore the BF% question, you already answered it

Thanks alpha Mike yes I am trying to be a competitive Crossfit athlete although I will have some long intense metcon workouts the majority my training is strength based with squats, DL, clean and Jerk , snatch, strict pull ups and lots of body weight movements I will look into starting with a lower dose and working my way up with that being said i still have some research to do! but thank you for the sugeestion

vikingblood is offline Associate Member
    Hi everyone,

I posted a thread about 6 months back about this same thing and was refered to the beginner cycle. I never went through with it because I read and heard mix things, I am a competitive crossfitter but I am not a the elite level yet, I already put my work in and eat great, I have been told low Test will do wonders and just run Nolva for PCT. Is this correct. Right now my Carido and endurance are not the best and I want to get some more stregth gains but noting crazy maybe 40-50 pounds on my DL, and 30 pounds on my Snatch and clean and Jerk. Other than that its all cardio and endurance for me. WHat would you recommend. I am going to really go through with it very soon, as soon as I find another source he in SD or just go to TJ.

Sorry for hijacking your thread MisterRoger.

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterRogers View Post
    So I don' t know how I missed the big red bold letters!!!
    I am going to follow the first cycle post from Austinite
    Good call. Doing that cycle right now myself. As King6 said, you probably want to bring your bf% down a bit. Visit the nutrition section. There is outstanding info there. It has made a huge difference to me. If you are strict and consistent (which is dam hard btw), you can probably get it down to a tolerable level in 3 months. Best wishes.

No prob vikingblood!! I have friends that have done just test with Nolva for pct and no problems?? but that doesnt mean we wont have any! I'm going to stick with what is recommended nolva and clomid for pct and hcg and ai during just to be on the safe side at this point what's a few more $ for peace of mind! although i cant find find any in my neck of the woods right now

Thread Information