BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member

T3 cytomel lethargic

I have been dosing 25 mg T3 for the last week and I feel lethargic and sleepy....
    Next week I am going to dose 50 mg... Hope I wont feel more tired..
    Why is that? And what can I take for a little jolt!

Sent from my iPad using Forum

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76
    I have been dosing 25 mg T3 for the last week and I feel lethargic and sleepy....
    Next week I am going to dose 50 mg... Hope I wont feel more tired..
    Why is that? And what can I take for a little jolt!

Are you taking anything else? Any anabolic ?

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Are you taking anything else? Any anabolic?
    Yeah Bro!
    Test Cyp 150 mg for TRT

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Yeah Bro!
    Test Cyp 150 mg for TRT

Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Any recent blood work?

T3 analogues do not typically cause lethargy or somnolence (drowsiness). More common effects are insomnia, tachycardia, diaphoresis, headache, fever, anxiety, and heat intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Any recent blood work? T3 analogues do not typically cause lethargy or somnolence (drowsiness). More common effects are insomnia, tachycardia, diaphoresis, headache, fever, anxiety, and heat intolerance.
    Yeah.. Got Bw in regards to Thyroid... Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, colesterol etc.... Bw came back fine. I need to get my Testosterone and Estrogen sensitive panel BW.
    Me being lethargic could be a rise in Estrogen. On the other hand , I feel fine on my TRT protocol, diet is in check, no bloating or rise in Bf. What I have done lately is up my dose of Test from 100 mg wk which is Trt protocol to 150 mg wk. I uped Test dose due to T3 . Sent from my iPad using Forum
    Last edited by BigPimpin76; 02-13-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Reiid13 is offline Member
    I dont understand why you started your t3 dose with the same amount your body produces ?

Id start 40/50 , why supress your natural ... Just to take the same ?
    Last edited by Reiid13; 02-13-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiid13
    I dont understand why you started your t3 dose with the same amount your body produces ? Id start 40/50 , why supress your natural ... Just to take the same ?
    I was suggested the following dose.

T3 Dosage for males using an 8 week diamond taper up/down: 25mcgs in the am per day for 7 days (week 1) 50mcgs (25mcgs when u wake up, 25mcgs 4hrs later) per day for 7 days (week 2) 75mcgs (50mcgs when u wake up, 25mcgs 4hrs later) per day for 7 days (week 3) 100mcgs (50mcgs when u wake up, 50mcgs 4hrs later) per day for 14days (weeks 4/5) 75mcgs (repeat week 3) 50mcgs (repeat week 2) 25mcgs (repeat week 1

Any coments?

. Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Last edited by BigPimpin76; 02-13-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76 View Post
    I was suggested the following dose.

T3 Dosage for males using an 8 week diamond taper up/down: 25mcgs in the am per day for 7 days (week 1) 50mcgs (25mcgs when u wake up, 25mcgs 4hrs later) per day for 7 days (week 2) 75mcgs (50mcgs when u wake up, 25mcgs 4hrs later) per day for 7 days (week 3) 100mcgs (50mcgs when u wake up, 50mcgs 4hrs later) per day for 14days (weeks 4/5) 75mcgs (repeat week 3) 50mcgs (repeat week 2) 25mcgs (repeat week 1

Any coments?

. Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    I believe t3 has a half life of 2-2.5 days . So its pointless to split up dosing .
    Just take all in the morning , your really overthinking this IMO

Since we know your body produces approx 25 mcg , we dont need to start here IMO your wasting money ( not that I have a interest in your financies haha ) and wasting your time .

Personally id have it in my mind that I was going to cycle with 50mcg for X amount of weeks , and if I want more results then go to 75 mcg but I wouldnt plan a t3 cycle and up doses every week etc :/

I believe that there is no need to taper down either , since as soon as your body realises its no longer having synthetic t3 , it starts to produce natural , so coming off at 100 mcg is same as coming off at 25 mcg

IMO your really overthinking
    Last edited by Reiid13; 02-13-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks for your reply Bro... Why do the mayority of people on this board advise to taper down then? What about being lethargic? Is it due to my low dosing of 25 mcg of T3 or is it a Estrogen issue? Anyone else interested in chiming in?
    I believe t3 has a half life of 2-2.5 days . So its pointless to split up dosing . Just take all in the morning , your really overthinking this IMO Since we know your body produces approx 25 mcg , we dont need to start here IMO your wasting money ( not that I have a interest in your financies haha ) and wasting your time . Personally id have it in my mind that I was going to cycle with 50mcg for X amount of weeks , and if I want more results then go to 75 mcg but I wouldnt plan a t3 cycle and up doses every week etc :/ I believe that there is no need to taper down either , since as soon as your body realises its no longer having synthetic t3 , it starts to produce natural , so coming off at 100 mcg is same as coming off at 25 mcg IMO your really overthinking

Thanks for your reply Bro... Why do the mayority of people on this board advise to taper down then? What about being lethargic? Is it due to my low dosing of 25 mcg of T3 or is it a Estrogen issue? Anyone else interested in chiming in? Sent from my iPad using Forum
    Have a look at the complete guide to T3 , created by 'Austinite' , its in supplement section

Austinite states tapering down is not needed , and that you can come off cold turkey with no troubles . And your thyroid will return to normal in a few days tops

Have a look at the complete guide to T3 , created by 'Austinite' , its in supplement section Austinite states tapering down is not needed , and that you can come off cold turkey with no troubles . And your thyroid will return to normal in a few days tops
    Ok Bro! Will do! Austinite is tha man for knowledgable stuff!
    In regards to being lethargic? Help me out brooo..

Ok Bro! Will do! Austinite is tha man for knowledgable stuff!
    In regards to being lethargic? Help me out brooo..

I believe thats just a side effect from starting t3 , if im not mistaken it should subside in a few days , I wouldnt worry about it too much

I believe thats just a side effect from starting t3 , if im not mistaken it should subside in a few days , I wouldnt worry about it too much
    Tks Bro!
    It just makes me sleepy Bro!

Thanks for your reply Bro... Why do the mayority of people on this board advise to taper down then? What about being lethargic? Is it due to my low dosing of 25 mcg of T3 or is it a Estrogen issue? Anyone else interested in chiming in? Sent from my iPad using Forum
    I'd have the blood work done if in doubt. As mentioned, lethargy is an atypical symptom. Even with low dose TRT, estrogen management may be necessary in certain patient populations. Body fat, age, aromatase activity and other variables can affect aromatization rates. I'd rule out changes to estrogen with old work.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    I'd rule out changes to estrogen with old work.
    Lethargy is a common side effect when starting t3 , but as the big guy said it wouldnt hurt to have BW done if you can

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    I believe t3 has a half life of 2-2.5 days . So its pointless to split up dosing . Just take all in the morning , your really overthinking this IMO Since we know your body produces approx 25 mcg , we dont need to start here IMO your wasting money ( not that I have a interest in your financies haha ) and wasting your time . Personally id have it in my mind that I was going to cycle with 50mcg for X amount of weeks , and if I want more results then go to 75 mcg but I wouldnt plan a t3 cycle and up doses every week etc :/ I believe that there is no need to taper down either , since as soon as your body realises its no longer having synthetic t3 , it starts to produce natural , so coming off at 100 mcg is same as coming off at 25 mcg IMO your really overthinking
    This is spot on. And who is this majority that advises tapering down? All I've ever done and been told on here is cut cold turkey.

T3 makes me tired as hell too I take it all at night helps me sleep a bit and since T3 is torching all the fuel in your body it's the lack of carbs that can leave you searching for energy. I'm a coffee fiend on T3.

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.

Quote Originally Posted by evander87
    This is spot on. And who is this majority that advises tapering down? All I've ever done and been told on here is cut cold turkey. T3 makes me tired as hell too I take it all at night helps me sleep a bit and since T3 is torching all the fuel in your body it's the lack of carbs that can leave you searching for energy. I'm a coffee fiend on T3. Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.
    Interesting! Thanks bro!

Can I Pm you?

Have a look at the complete guide to T3 , created by 'Austinite' , its in supplement section Austinite states tapering down is not needed , and that you can come off cold turkey with no troubles . And your thyroid will return to normal in a few days tops
    Reiid! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    Found Austinites T3 thread which helped clear a lot of questions.

Cheers!

Thanks all for chiming in!!

Reiid! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    Found Austinites T3 thread which helped clear a lot of questions.

Cheers!

Very welcome my friend !

Thread Information