euphoric is offline New Member

Test only cycles...

If one was interested in using gear for the purpose of improved recovery and sports performance, would running test only cycles be a bad idea?

I have been taking a break from searching old threads and havent had much luck. If you have links to good threads/articles I would love to read and it would be greatly appreciated.

AsEpSiS is offline Associate Member
    It depends...

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    what sport ? Body building than yeah. Every sport wether
    people want to believe it or not the athletes used or is using. I am not saying every athlete but every sport there is or has been steroid users.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=euphoric;6813228]If one was interested in using gear for the purpose of improved recovery and sports performance, would running test only cycles be a bad idea?QUOTE]

Not at all. Stats?

Quote Originally Posted by AsEpSiS View Post
    It depends...
    What would you like to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Not at all. Stats?
    Not sure which you are looking for but male, 6' @230. lifting hasnt been done for a while but squat 365, dl 505, bench not sure, hit 315 years ago but that was the only time I trained for it, I dislike benching) Nutrition is coming back around as I have been more slack than I should have been. I understand that it needs to be inline if I really want to see results on/off gear.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    You are no where ready for steroids read up :
    When you SHOULDN'T use AAS imho....

I am more curious about my question about running test only cycles for recovery (and performance) gain.

I am always willing to listen though. "You aren't ready" is a pretty blanket statement. what is your reasoning?

Friesian is offline Junior Member
    If your question is essentially, "do they work", then the answer is yes.
    If your question is, "should I use them", then that is a different matter.

I believe I have a good understanding of testosterone and its role in the body, so I do know that it works, and well at that.
    I am curious on the use of it for the purpose of primarily recovery and improved sports performance. Most every post I come across here is based on the user wanting to increase muscle hypertrophy for personal reasons or for Bodybuilding style competing.

I am not interested much in increased muscle size. My interest is in the increased rate of recovery seen allowing the user to train more frequently and with more volume. I have read about, and talked to many people about the use of AAS in BB. I am curious what does an athletes cycle look like? Do they run test only? Do they stack? Do they run cycles? Do they cruise between to keep performance up?

Well, the athletes that I know of who have been caught cycling have usually been caught using either winstrol (which would also require test) and clenbuterol for the most part. However, that does not mean these are the only compounds used.

Thanks for the starting point Friesian. I had heard winstrol before as well. I am not too familiar with it. I had thought it was used more for "cutting." Gives me new things to read!

I would imagine the winstrol is used for the fact it gives drier gains than most other compounds. Athletes don't want it to be obvious they're using so if they're using winstrol they won't hold as much extra water as they would if they were using dbol for example.

Thread Information