bigand is offline New Member

Enlarged heart. Is bbing still possible for me?

I joined this forum because I am in desperate need of some advice from long time users.

I am 4 weeks into my second cycle, this one being a test only cycle of Test Cyp 250mg/week and Test Prop 100mg/eod.

I through the cyp in there because I felt my levels drop too much between shots of prop and the aggression wasn't fun.

So the other day I decided to try some Ephedrine to help with cutting.

I'm 26, 250lbs, 18% bodyfat.

The first few days were fine. Then about a week ago I had the day off work and doubled up on my workout. I usually go at 6am and I went again at 2:30 pm. In the morning I took 24mg Ephedrine and 1 scoop of Hyper-FX 280mg caffeine. I felt fine in the morning but took another dose of Hyper -Fx before my 2:30pm workout.

As Im lifting the 100lb dumbells up for a shoulder press I feel my heart rate go through the roof. I dropped the weights grabbed some 80lbs and did my set. As I stood up I felt flushed, short of breath, dizzy and my heart was beating irregularly.

I went home and checked my vitals (wifes a nurse) and my heat rate was still 110 2 hours after I stopped my workout. I then became tired and fell asleep.

I stopped the caffeine and Ephedrine for my next workout and it went pretty smoothly a little shortness of breath but nothing major.

The next day I wanted a boost so I took a simple energy drink with 80mg Caffeine, 1000mg Taurine and B-vitamins.

Next think you know my arrithymia is back and I'm in the hospital my heart rate is jumping from 70-150 in 10 seconds and Im feeling like crap. They kept me over night and ran some tests and turns out I have an enlarged heart. I went for a MUGA scan yesterday and will have the results today hopefully.

Lifting weights is my life and I cant imagine stopping and being happy. Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to work past it?

In case this helps my first cycle was Test E 600mg/wk Deca 400mg/wk for 8 weeks then Sust 250 500mg/week and Equipoise 600mg/wk I followed up with a PCT of hCG and arimidex .

Did I post in the wrong thread?

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    It might take awhile for the right members that know about this to answer.

Okay. I posted in another thread as well and got an answer. I didn't mean to be spamming just wasn't sure where to post. Thanks.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Without more info on the diagnosis, I can only say that you should take it easy on your heart. Stop using stimulants, lose some weight, stop using gear. You can still lift, but I wouldn't go nuts with the weights.

As soon as I get the results from the scan I will post them. Thanks for your reply.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    enlarged heart and your hear rate jumping like that is not good. Did you have any signs of afib? I would look at losing weight and listen to what the doctors are telling you. Your best bet on this site would be the NUTRITION RESOURCE FORUM

Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    enlarged heart and your hear rate jumping like that is not good. Did you have any signs of afib? I would look at losing weight and listen to what the doctors are telling you. Your best bet on this site would be the
    I eat very healthy for the most part.

I should have added this issue happened 1 week into a cutting diet as well of 2500 calories a day.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What did the doctor say? Surely you asked him/her if working out was still possible right?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte
    Without more info on the diagnosis, I can only say that you should take it easy on your heart. Stop using stimulants, lose some weight, stop using gear. You can still lift, but I wouldn't go nuts with the weights.
    ^^^Correct. I'd probably order a MUGA and some BW for a better Ddx.

Pre-workout stims are abused because many people do not appreciate their risks.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    ^^^Correct. I'd probably order a MUGA and some BW for a better Ddx.

Pre-workout stims are abused because many people do not appreciate their risks.
    I got the results today from the MUGA. MY left ventricle is slightly enlarged but within the upper limit. My output is 66% which is optimal.

I only started looing for some advice when the ER cardiologist told me word for word "your in big trouble".

Now the results are back that there really isn't an issue other than a 145/100 blood pressure which is normal for being on AAS and I also have a lot going on in my life right now which could attribute to that.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigand
    I got the results today from the MUGA. MY left ventricle is slightly enlarged but within the upper limit. My output is 66% which is optimal. I only started looing for some advice when the ER cardiologist told me word for word "your in big trouble". Now the results are back that there really isn't an issue other than a 145/100 blood pressure which is normal for being on AAS and I also have a lot going on in my life right now which could attribute to that.
    Correct, it's well within the 55-70% accepted range.

Are you managing the hypertension? Your BP is high but don't dismiss it because of the AAS. It needs to come down. There are significant secondary risks if you don't manage it - risks that go beyond cardiac health. Hypertension is a significant risk factor for neurological problems later in life. Treat the HTN now.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Correct, it's well within the 55-70% accepted range.

Are you managing the hypertension? Your BP is high but don't dismiss it because of the AAS. It needs to come down. There are significant secondary risks if you don't manage it - risks that go beyond cardiac health. Hypertension is a significant risk factor for neurological problems later in life. Treat the HTN now.
    I go back next week and will be starting the HTN treatment if my BP is still high. Thanks for the advice.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck

ac419 is offline Junior Member
    You can still lift weights drop all the caffeine and other stimulants though. The levels of caffeine you said you were taking very high

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    good luck.

Thread Information