3figurez is offline Junior Member

swolen after pin

Hey guys,
    I've ran many cycles before but never had this problem.
    I went to pin last Wednesday, today is now the next Monday (Australia) and it all went good until the day after. My left but cheek has now swelled up massively and is painful to walk/bend over and perform daily activities. Any suggestions on What caused this and how to fix?
    Cheers guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 3figurez
    Hey guys, I've ran many cycles before but never had this problem. I went to pin last Wednesday, today is now the next Monday (Australia) and it all went good until the day after. My left but cheek has now swelled up massively and is painful to walk/bend over and perform daily activities. Any suggestions on What caused this and how to fix? Cheers guys!
    Did you sterilize everything like you always do?

Is it a new vial of gear that might be 'dirty'?

Have you ran this gear before & has this happened in the past?

Other than that idk what else it could be. It has to be a sterility problem or dirty gear...

But what you can do. If it doesn't improve in the next 2 to 3 days see a doc ASAP bro.

~Base

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like an infection. Go to the doctor and get some antibiotics.

It's sus250 and tren a kick started with prop for first 3weeks. 3.5weeks into cycle and haven't had the problem until now, everything was sterillized I'm very particular about that. But this gear is from a different source. I injected really quickly though, as in took me about 3secs and the 1ml of ea compound was in, as I am shaky with the left glute due to not being left handed and pressed on plunger to hard haha! So first thought was an absorbtion problem maybe? If the swelling is there still in 2 days I'll definatley go doctors!

Bruising due to injecting to fast wont cause it to swell. It will be tender but not swollen. Bad injection can cause a slight lump, golf ball size or smaller but not like you are describing.

Is it warm to the touch at all? If it is then the sooner you go the better. It could be contaminated gear.

Beware of UGL: Chemical Muscle - Worrisome Recent Events - Contaminated Gear

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Bruising due to injecting to fast wont cause it to swell. It will be tender but not swollen. Bad injection can cause a slight lump, golf ball size or smaller but not like you are describing.

Is it warm to the touch at all? If it is then the sooner you go the better. It could be contaminated gear.

Beware of UGL: Chemical Muscle - Worrisome Recent Events - Contaminated Gear
    Before we scare him like that, it could also just be an allergy to something in the gear (like the type of oil, etc). If it's not warm to the touch, or if he's not suffering from a fever, I think he might be okay (supposing it starts to go down in a couple days).

I haven't been having high temperatures man, and I've ran these 2 compounds before although from a different source, as for the temperature of the swelling,it feels normal temperature but really hard to touch, and itching below the pin site. As I'm typing this it actually is starting to sound like an infection, answering my own questions here!! Haha!! Recommend I continue use or throw away?

tren_monster is offline Junior Member
    Multiple things could have caused this such as improper sterilization and/or bunk dirty gear. Go to doc and get antibiotics.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Have you tried applying a warm compress and light massage to the area? You aren't displaying many of the hallmarks of cellulitis or other infections. I've treated many infections from minor to severe septicemia and based on the description alone it sounds like a local irritation and/or an absorption issue.

Antibiotics would be indicated for a staph or strep infection, however, if you can resolve this on its own without antibiotics, that would be my recommended course. Antibiotics have their place but are over prescribed in my professional opinion.

How long has it been since you noted the reaction? Has the area increased in size? Any further redness? Is the hardened area restricted to the injection site or has it migrated away to distal areas (i.e. Have you noticed any tightening away from the area)?

Oh man I hope it's not staph!!! Had before and do not want again if I can help it!! Haha! Yeh absorbtion problem was my first guess but didn't think it would swell up as much as it has. I pinned last Wednesday around 5pm and I started to notice pain/ swelling just as I finished work on Thursday night/Friday morning around 2am (on night shift) and reached its peak Friday morning as i woke up. Hardened Swelling has occured around injection site which is top outta glute and spread across the top of the butt cheek, pain seems to be diminishing now as I attempted gym tonight and there was still discomfort/pain but not as bad as it has been although swelling is still there. Also I slept with a heat pack on the area last night to.

Sounds like an absorption issue. Continue with heat for another 48 hours. A light massage on the area will help. Let me know if the symptoms persist beyond another 48 hours. Sounds like your body is finally absorbing the gear. If it was staph or strep you wouldn't be feeling an improvement.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just posted a thread with a pic of my shoulder with same issue. I say absorption issue. My shoulder got better couple days later.

Phew! Ok thanks guys!! I'll give an update on the area tomorrow when I wake up see if anything has changed. Wil have to hit legs twice as hard this week to make up for missing them last week!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3figurez
    Phew! Ok thanks guys!! I'll give an update on the area tomorrow when I wake up see if anything has changed. Wil have to hit legs twice as hard this week to make up for missing them last week!!
    That's the spirit! Lol

~Base

If it swelled up it would not be just an absorption issue sine the gear would not expand. It could be a combination of not absorbing and maybe a vein kept bleeding adding to the mass. Either way if using a warm compass on it and massaging helps and it starts to feel better then you should be fine in a few days. If it gets warm to the touch then more than likely an infection so go see a doctor.

The itching is interesting and could be as said by Honky Kong a allergic reaction. You will know this if this one goes away and the next time you pin it does the same thing. If it starts to swell 1st thing to do is take some benadryl.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Any new updates?

This is the stuff I don't want to learn about after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier
    Any new updates? This is the stuff I don't want to learn about after the fact.
    If you pin anabolics, especially if you are new to it, it's going to happen sooner or later.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    I have had similar issues a few times. Mine do get warm to the touch tho. Had it twice this week but I think mine may have more to do with the strength of the gear. Too many mg per ml. Or it may have been the fact that it was my first run with Test prop.

An update on when I woke up today. Swelling has definatley gone down although still there it's only minimal, same with the pain. It's only minimal! Thanks for the info and treatment ideas!!

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3figurez View Post
    An update on when I woke up today. Swelling has definatley gone down although still there it's only minimal, same with the pain. It's only minimal! Thanks for the info and treatment ideas!!
    I would get a different brand of gear if I were you. Whether it was an absorption problem or an allergy to something in it, either way something in the gear isn't settling right with you.

Cutter80 is offline New Member
    Hey I got a similar problem I was pinning test-p 250 for 5 weeks injection site wld cripple that limb or part of the body with swelling and warm to the touch. So I switched gear all together and started usin super -t 450 and once a week and it's way worse leg swelled and I mean whole leg hot to the touch and red splotches and you can leave impressions in my leg with ur thumb or whatever. Don't know what to do a buddy of mind ordered same stuff and is a lifelong steroid user says it's the best he's ever had wrf

Red Bastard is offline Member
    OP hasn't been active, on the forum, for almost a month...

Odd bump...

Thread Information