Thread: new

knewsome59 is offline New Member

Question new

Well i wanna start by saying i am completely new to the gym i am startin . Because i have been addicted to opiate . For around four years but i have been clean now for 7 months an i feel really unhealth An i i wanna become fit an inshape i have been doing alot of rresearch an found that opiates can lower testosteron . An i have read that exerciseis one of the best things to help promote it but was woundering if the supplment that sponser this page really work an if anyone has any advice for me an what kind of routine i should follow at the gym i wanna bulk up im 5'10 170 plz can anyone give advice i would greatly appreciat . It

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum

NUTRITION RESOURCE FORUM

londonchavez is offline New Member
    Glad your off of stuff man. Long dark road. Been there done that. I got into some SERIOUS trouble and turned to God but also fitness as a new hobby.
    My advice to you is do day 1 chest and triceps
    Day 2 back and biceps
    Day 3 shoulders
    Day 4 legs
    This separates chest and shoulders with back and legs between, and it separates back and legs with shoulders and chest.
    I have grown a lot with this routine.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    A lot of us were former addicts.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    One of my friends is a drug addict. Almost 5 years sober. Your to your for AAS but you came to a good site for people to help you get back in shape. I would make sure you keep doing what your doing to stay sober and get your blood work done. IDK what or how you took your opiates but they are hard on your body.

Clarky gave you a great link. If you want to bulk up the best way is to eat and train. Lots of people in that section that will help you. If your spending your money on food and your time in the gym it can be great for your recovery. Glad your hitting the gym. Here is another place to read and ask questions. LIFTING TECHNIQUE'S & WORKOUT QUESTIONS Best of luck.

rooftop1 is offline Junior Member
    ^^^^ def agree with above posts. Hit up nutrition section get that dialed in, as well as training forum. If you have genuine concerns about low t then also hit up hrt section and get some blood work done to see where your at.
    Congrats on the 7 months and finding lifting as a positive outlet. Put all that new found motivation into it and you'll kick ass!!!
    Welcome!!

knewsome59 is offline New Member
    Thank you all for the advice londonchavez could u tell me what exercises work theose groups

londonchavez is offline New Member
    For chest I do incline bench with dumbells and sometimes I will switch it up and do barbell or on smith machine,
    I do the same with decline bench press
    Also I rarely do flat barbell bench press but do a ton of dumbell flies on flat bench. If you can add some cable flies or peck deck flies that would be good too.
    Also, I only pick one or maybe two exercises to go heavy on and I switch them up depending on what I need to work on. I don't ever have a heavy day. IMO that's how you get injured. Lol
    For triceps, the best exercises are always going to be dips, close grip bench press, and tricep pull down, also you can do headbangers and overhead tricep extensions stretching the muscle very far back behind your head.
    For back, I do lots of pull ups (wide grip mostly), lots of lat pull downs, deadlifts (you HAVE to do deadlifts), lots of close grip and wide grip rows, back flies, and low rows are very important also.
    For biceps, I do lots of flat bar curls (crucial to growth), lots of cable or machine curls (great for shaping the muscles and definition), and lots of hammer curls (for the side of your bicep), and it's also good to try other angles to see what works best for YOU. Also do concentrated curls!
    For shoulders, when hitting front delt I do shoulder press with either dumbells or barbell, I do front raises also. For medial delt, I do lateral raises, side raises, and it helps rear delt and medial delt to do behind the head shoulder press (I do on a machine for safety reasons) lol
    And for rear delt I do rear delt flies, rear delt extensions on a reverse peck deck, and face-pulls.
    For legs, squats (vitally important), leg press, leg extensions, lunges, leg curls, and calf raises with different angles.

If you switch it up and see what works best for You and you don't try to do too much, also if you focus on one or two things at a time, you will grow with a proper diet.

Oh and don't forget shrugs on either shoulder day or back day (your choice).

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshopRep View Post
    A lot of us are addicts now in recovery.
    fixed

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knewsome59 View Post
    Well i wanna start by saying i am completely new to the gym i am startin . Because i have been addicted to opiate . For around four years but i have been clean now for 7 months an i feel really unhealth An i i wanna become fit an inshape i have been doing alot of rresearch an found that opiates can lower testosteron . An i have read that exerciseis one of the best things to help promote it but was woundering if the supplment that sponser this page really work an if anyone has any advice for me an what kind of routine i should follow at the gym i wanna bulk up im 5'10 170 plz can anyone give advice i would greatly appreciat . It
    Mate,

Part of the cycle of addiction is thinking that by taking something, it will solve your problems. don't go down this path. instead, just focus on getting healthy by going about it in a "healthy" way. Learn how to exercise. This will take several months to get your routines down and finding which routines are right for you. Learn about gym nutrition, how to eat, and put that knowledge to practical use. You ARE what you eat. If all you eat are whoppers, then guess what? You'll look like a whopper and feel like crap. Learn to eat whole foods, avoid processed foods, and basically just drink water when you are thirsty. AND don't forget your veggies!

You have so much potential. Learn to work with what you have first before considering putting chemicals into your body. And because you've never been in the gym before, you have no idea your potential. Explore that first.

Good luck!
    ---Roman

Thread Information