Drchiro is offline New Member

Newbie worries - serious cold sore sufferer

Hello,

Very new to the cycle game. Have a bunch of buddies who are veterans and have started me off on my beginner cycle. Have felt really great and have been sticking for about four weeks now on C. Prop however I have suffered about four cold sore outbreaks since I started. Would a cycle of this magnitude (400 mg) twice a week really deteriorate mu immune system so much to cause this? I have been getting them ever since I was born, got them from my mother and father, but only ever have episodes like this when I am sick. I have removed most triggers from my life and am usually very careful and therefore symptom free except for maybe 2-3 for year. Would love some feedback because my friends had no knowledge on the subject. Thanks all.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    A little stats age ect... Would be helpful please

Male 24 years old. What other stats would you like to know and I will provide. Thanks for the reply.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Don't need stats for this question. As you know, cold sores are caused by oral herpes virus which 99%+ of adult americans will test positive for although most will NEVER have a clinical outbreak even once in their life. Outbreaks can be brought on by immunosuppresion, stress, sun, acidic foods, etc. Once you have them, their life span can be reduced by either prescription Xerese, Kenalog in Orabase or by treatment with a diode laser by a doctor. HOWEVER, if you're getting them often now the best solution is Rx Valtrex. Take one a day in the morning daily prophylactically. Yes, label use is for genital herpes but it will work for oral also. This is the only way to stop the outbreaks.

Rv8G30 is offline Associate Member
    L-lysine works amazingly for this as well. You can get pills or powder on amazon. When I feel one coming on I'll take 4-8 grams a day for a few days. Clears up quick. The powder is disgusting by itself. Tastes like your drinking sea water. I put a spoon full in my protein shake 2-3x a day for a few days.

VegasBody is offline Associate Member
    Nice answers guys
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Rv8G30 View Post
    L-lysine works amazingly for this as well. You can get pills or powder on amazon. When I feel one coming on I'll take 4-8 grams a day for a few days. Clears up quick. The powder is disgusting by itself. Tastes like your drinking sea water. I put a spoon full in my protein shake 2-3x a day for a few days.
    Yeah I am pretty religious about taking lusine consitently. Also take zinc, b complex and an assortment of other supplements for immune system boosts and herps prevention. I have a focused lysine diet and generally avoid alcohol and sun damage. Get decent sleep as well.

I guess my main question was could the cycle really decrease my imunne system so much to see these kind of outbreaks? I haven't shown any signs for sickness or other triggers since I staryed the cycle. Could the hormone inbalance caused it??

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Abreva works very well if you catch it early. It's kind of spendy but worth it

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Abreva works very well if you catch it early. It's kind of spendy but worth it
    I have not had much luck with Abreva and have tried several times. One thing I have had good luck with is oil of oregano.

Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8 View Post
    Don't need stats for this question. As you know, cold sores are caused by oral herpes virus which 99%+ of adult americans will test positive for although most will NEVER have a clinical outbreak even once in their life. Outbreaks can be brought on by immunosuppresion, stress, sun, acidic foods, etc. Once you have them, their life span can be reduced by either prescription Xerese, Kenalog in Orabase or by treatment with a diode laser by a doctor. HOWEVER, if you're getting them often now the best solution is Rx Valtrex. Take one a day in the morning daily prophylactically. Yes, label use is for genital herpes but it will work for oral also. This is the only way to stop the outbreaks.
    Wonder if you know if the cycle could cause an increase in outbreaks or lower my immune system? I know how to care and prevent but this is the only lifeatyle change i have had that could have caused it.

rooftop1 is offline Junior Member
    Yes they def can. Google it , I have noticed this firsthand. I take lysine daily and have antiviral med for first sign of breakout (acyclovir ) . Abreva helps to by shortening breakout time.

Thread Information