jaxbrah is offline Associate Member

are these reasonable first-time cycle goals?

m about 195 @ 13% bf as it stands right now. I started trt back in september when I was 185 @ about 14% bf on 100mg test cyp a week. Starting next week I will be doing 500mg per week for 12 weeks and am looking to be at 205 @ 10% bf.

So in order to gain muscle and drop bf I was thinking I would lean bulk for the first 8 weeks and then light cut the remaining 4 weeks. Of course assuming my diet and training are top notch is this reasonable expectations? Or am I shooting for the moon here

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    Most will probably say you either need to bulk or you need to cut. Don't try to do both in the same cycle. As you go off a bulk cycle and into PCT, you will need to keep your calorie intake up to give you the best shot at a quicker and more complete recovery while holding onto your gains. This is a bad time to be eating below TDEE.

Everybody is different, but I would say adding 10lbs while cutting 3% bodyfat is pretty ambitious - especially since you are already pretty lean. My 2 cents is either plan to bulk or cut and stick with it the whole cycle. Good luck!

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    I do think that gaining 10 pounds while losing 3% bf. Is asking alot...

Considering your TRT I would considere 16 week at 500mg/week, it will gives you better chance to suceed what you want.

And if E2 is in check testosterone wont be damageable to your health even sr that dose for that long, honestly I believe that you could run 500mg for 20 years and be just fine.
    So 16 weeks(18 weeks would be ok too) wont change much health wise.

You can focus on bulking 10 weeks cutting for 6 week.

If it were me I would add dbol the first 4 weeks to help giving a weight boost.

Seems more realistic this way.

Either way your diet will determine the result.

Good luck

jaxbrah is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    I do think that gaining 10 pounds while losing 3% bf. Is asking alot...

Considering your TRT I would considere 16 week at 500mg/week, it will gives you better chance to suceed what you want.

And if E2 is in check testosterone wont be damageable to your health even sr that dose for that long, honestly I believe that you could run 500mg for 20 years and be just fine.
    So 16 weeks(18 weeks would be ok too) wont change much health wise.

You can focus on bulking 10 weeks cutting for 6 week.

If it were me I would add dbol the first 4 weeks to help giving a weight boost.

Seems more realistic this way.

Either way your diet will determine the result.

Good luck
    I might go ahead with 16 weeks. Ill see how im feeling at week 12. This is my first cycle so I wasnt trying to mix in any other compounds just yet.

from when I started trt untill now ive added 10 lbs while losing a bf % . Going from low t all my life to suddenly elevated test levels is probably causing recomposition. So I might be a little different. My diet or training regime hasnt changed since starting trt either.

Either way im going to train my best and hope for the best as well

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Might I suggest better approach? Prime for the next four weeks at your trt dose. You can look up various ways to prime, but you will start by cutting calories and towards the end of it be completely carbless and low calorie. I have lost huge amounts of weight in 4 weeks doing extreme versions of this. When you up your test you will be much leaner and in a better position to do your bulk, bring the calories back in gradually, and scale them slowly through your cycle. It wouldn't hurt to cut even longer and get down to 8%. Bulking at 13% is kind of borderline, and it's going to make it real hard to get to that 10%. Starting a lot lower gives you more room and time to perform your bulk.

I'm not so certain those goal numbers are that realistic in that short of a time frame. But by targeting things separately you should have better results, not to say you can't have recomp periods. But to add a large chunk of muscle while losing a good amount of fat is not an easy task at all. You might even set out to drop below your goal bf %, dip even lower and then do small bulk and cut periods keeping your bodyfat under your goal, or only drifting slightly above it.

French_Nicolas is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
    Most will probably say you either need to bulk or you need to cut. Don't try to do both in the same cycle. As you go off a bulk cycle and into PCT, you will need to keep your calorie intake up to give you the best shot at a quicker and more complete recovery while holding onto your gains. This is a bad time to be eating below TDEE.

Everybody is different, but I would say adding 10lbs while cutting 3% bodyfat is pretty ambitious - especially since you are already pretty lean. My 2 cents is either plan to bulk or cut and stick with it the whole cycle. Good luck!
    Same opinion ...

VegasBody is offline Associate Member
    I would recommend a cutting cycle first since ur on trt no need for pct after
    Maybe up your test a bit I'm doing 200 mg week and throw in 50-60 mg anavar
    Once u get down to bf u want u can bulk but the two together is hard I have tried for 2 years it did not go as I wanted
    It is not easy at all and can break relationships and bond with your wife and kids if u have any

Thread Information