Frontpump is offline Associate Member

Am I ready for AAS?

Stats and history
    26yo
    5'10"
    201lbs
    16-17%body fat
    Lifting 4+years

I started at 160 as a marathon runner and have gained 40 pounds in 4 years, and rep for rep have double the poundages on pretty much all my exercises. Started by working the Arnold's encyclopedia work out and meal plan to a "T" up to level 3 where I definitely plateaued. Muscle didn't get bigger unless my body fat went way up. Averaged 5 days a week 2 hour sessions- but have enjoyed several 3 hour sessions and 6 day weeks.

Blood work shows natural test at 660mg/dl. My proportion have radically changed, but I'm not a natural athlete in any sense.

Tried to break the plateau by lifting heavier and ended up squatting my cervical spine to shit. Had to take a year and play it safe. Lifting about 30-40% of my usual and no more than 3 days a week. I generally lift until there is pain and then stop. The pain is nearly gone and last week for the first time since the injury a year ago I've made strength gains beyond my initial injury. Feels like I'm back!

If like to take 8 weeks to get back on my initial regimen and then begin my first cycle.

Is it time?

VegasBody is offline Associate Member
    U R the only one who can tell if U R ready
    By age? Yes
    By body fat? Little too high
    But I'm sure U will get a lots of the same answeres
    See what the others say
    Good luck and read everything from Austinite stickies on top

Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Even at my "peak" last year lifting 6 days a week my body fat was 14.5%. During marathon training it was probably still never under 12%. It is really only slightly above my average, thanks to the injury time off. I agree it is high. Should I trim that first, or us the cycle to help trim?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    Stats and history
    26yo
    5'10"
    201lbs
    16-17%body fat
    Lifting 4+years

I started at 160 as a marathon runner and have gained 40 pounds in 4 years, and rep for rep have double the poundages on pretty much all my exercises. Started by working the Arnold's encyclopedia work out and meal plan to a "T" up to level 3 where I definitely plateaued. Muscle didn't get bigger unless my body fat went way up. Averaged 5 days a week 2 hour sessions- but have enjoyed several 3 hour sessions and 6 day weeks.

Blood work shows natural test at 660mg/dl. My proportion have radically changed, but I'm not a natural athlete in any sense.

Tried to break the plateau by lifting heavier and ended up squatting my cervical spine to shit. Had to take a year and play it safe. Lifting about 30-40% of my usual and no more than 3 days a week. I generally lift until there is pain and then stop. The pain is nearly gone and last week for the first time since the injury a year ago I've made strength gains beyond my initial injury. Feels like I'm back!

If like to take 8 weeks to get back on my initial regimen and then begin my first cycle.

Is it time?
    You are close.

suggest waiting until you are close or at your peak from last time prior to injury.

try not to think of steroids as a short cut. many do. be patient and wait until your body is firing on all cylinders.

once you are there, and feel you are at or close to plateauing, then given your stats and experience (bf% is still a little high, imho), you are probably in a position to be thinking of a first "testosterone only" cycle.

first cycle recommendation:

600mg test c/e /week for 12 weeks.

don't forget HCG /ai (during cycle) and your pct

have all this ready prior to starting any cycle.

one bit of advice I sometimes forget myself on the lifting heavy piece. Sometimes, it's better to go light and really focus on slow movements, focusing on a complete contraction, and concentrating on perfect form. I can actually go pretty light and still hit my rep range, if I go really slow, full range of motion, and full contractions. I've started doing this recently since my muscles probably have ten times the mileage than most here, and injury prevention is a concern. at the end of my rep range, my muscle group really hurts, without all the catabolic muscle fiber tearing, and I'm also providing a good growth signal.

---Roman

Thread Information