Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fit2bOld

Thread: Need some good advice from the pros...

Schmicc is offline Junior Member

Need some good advice from the pros...

I'm at week 10 of my first 12 week cycle of test e 500mg a week with hcg and Liquidex. Everything is going good I'm up 12 pounds lean. I'm doing my first comp at start of October, men's physique.
    I plan on doing 4 weeks pct two weeks after last pin. That will take me to around July 10th so then I have 12 weeks of dieting to do my show. Then if I place in that there is another show in March that I would qualify for. I wanted to do some thing while dieting but I'm not sure what and I won't be fully recovered so not sure if it's a good idea?
    My questions are, keeping mind I don't wana **** myself up.
    Do you think it would be wise to get straight back on after pct while cutting?
    If so what do u think to use will cutting down, I was told tren and test p but not sure if I'm keen on that?
    Then after all that if I qualify for the march show I would prolly want to get on again.
    Any good advice and experiences would be great, thanks.

AsEpSiS is offline Associate Member
    I'm certainly not a pro, but I don't think one needs to be a pro to comment in this particular thread....

How old are you?

You really should observe time on + pct = time off. Otherwise, you can increase likelihood of not properly recovering. Cutting in pct can be challenging. It's very easy to lose gains.

Quote Originally Posted by AsEpSiS View Post
    I'm certainly not a pro, but I don't think one needs to be a pro to comment in this particular thread....

How old are you?

You really should observe time on + pct = time off. Otherwise, you can increase likelihood of not properly recovering. Cutting in pct can be challenging. It's very easy to lose gains.
    I was talking about pros in terms of knowledge of steroids .
    I am 26
    Yeah I understand that and I am prepared to do it properly I just wanted some advice or experiences. I just timed it bad, I wasn't goin to compete until early next year but my coach reckons I'll be ready for October.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well bro hard to say without any info.How many cycles have you ran? And wat are your stats? Ht wt years training.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Well bro hard to say without any info.How many cycles have you ran? And wat are your stats? Ht wt years training.
    This is my first one, I am 174cm 80kgs 9% bf. I have been training for about 4 yrs, 1.5 years properly with proper diet.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would take the time off that is required as a rule of thumb or else you will be on trt before your 30th bday.
    Remember the more weeks you allow yourself to cut the better. meaning do a slow cut so you do not have to do any dramatic calorie deficits. Many fail to leave enough weeks and have to do even more cardio to make the cut.

Do you know of anything that could help me retain muscle and or possible build some while curtin that won't shut me down? I'm prepared to do my cut clean and recover properly and then get on something after my show.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmicc View Post
    Do you know of anything that could help me retain muscle and or possible build some while curtin that won't shut me down? I'm prepared to do my cut clean and recover properly and then get on something after my show.
    If there was something to build muscle while you cut we all would be taking it. You cant build in a true cut cause your calories are to low. food is very anabolic !
    Just keep eating clean and taking amino's and build then cut, build then cut, etc...

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Like gearbox said focus on theist anabolic thing on the planet. Nutrition is we're all of this is at and take your time off to properly recover. You do not want to be on trt for the rest if your life at 26 yrs old

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Like gearbox said focus on theist anabolic thing on the planet. Nutrition is we're all of this is at and take your time off to properly recover. You do not want to be on trt for the rest if your life at 26 yrs old
    Thanks boys, I always like to here from jim in my posts. Ill cut natural and recover then look at getting back on. Any tips with retain gains while cutting?

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Learning to time your cycle and your contests is most important
    This is your problem here. As a former competitor I liked to show up around week 10 of a cut cycle. Bulk cycle in the off season and timed correctly for the show circuit. I've also have done 16 week cut cycle and hit 3 shows in a matter of 3 to 4 weeks.
    Timing is key.
    Red Bastard likes this.

Thread Information