avl
    avl is offline New Member

advice on running a cutting cycle - less is more?

Hi Guys,

Have been leaning down for summer the last couple of months, currently at around 12% bf has been going well but strength has started to slowly decrease the last couple of weeks (and generally where strength goes muscle follows..).

I want to continue dieting and hit 8% but I've decided to use some assistance to make sure I keep everything.

Current Stats:

195lbs /12% bf 5'10 training for 5 years and am 29. Benching around 320. Have done 2 cycles before, 1 stupid one years ago and 12weeks 350mg test-e with a 4week anavar kickstart last year.

Planning on an 8 week cyle with test prop and anavar throughout, anavar at 40mg for 8weeks or 60mg for 5, not sure yet but opinions welcome (i have 200tabs left from last year so im limited in what i can do, i definitely noticed it at 60mg a day last time though).

Anyway my question is on test prop dose, I was just going to go with 100mg eod because its easy which would work out to the same dosage i used for my first cycle and saw good gains from but I dropped one of my vials (...) and im going to have to wait another 3-4 weeks to get another one if i stick at 100mg eod. However, this is for a cutting cycle so would I notice much of a difference in dropping it to 75mg eod? that would still be around 250mg a week which should be plenty to hold onto muscle mass right?

Will be running 250iu HCG throughout with a standard n/c pct and an AI on standby.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Wait for the new vial to arrive. I would do the 100 mg eod personally. HCG at 250 iu 2x wk throughout and right to standard pct after nolva & clomid.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I would also run the Var @ 100mg ed

Matt007 is offline Associate Member
    Pretty much the same theory as myself, been dieting for 12 weeks myself and this weeks measurements pretty much stayed the same 12% bf as well, thats telling me to take a break dieting down for abit and eat at maintanance to give my body a well deserved break
    Try eating at maintanance cals for 3 days or so to help upregulate a bunch of stuff as your thyroid starts to slow down after a long time dieting bro
    Last edited by Matt007; 05-12-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Matt007 is offline Associate Member
    Your body will thank u haha, u will make more progress doing that to help upregulate a bunch of stuff incl your thyroid!
    U have any progress pics from the start to now?

Thread Information