mfotino82 is offline Junior Member

Just started Accutane

I am on my second week of Accutane, 40mg per day. They say it gets worse before it gets better, holy shit are they right. Anyone have an idea of how long it is worse before it gets better? Thanks!

AsEpSiS is offline Associate Member
    I did a course of accutane before....brutal sides. But well worth the end results. I did 40mg/day for about three months. Dry lips(severe), dry eyes, leathery skin, dandruff, depression, headaches and nose bleeds. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

I got used to the sides by about month 2. Drink lots and lots of water. If you're self-medicating, get blood work regularly to make sure your check liver light isn't on.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am on week 3-4 I get little nose bleeds and lips dry as hell but so far nothing else- back ance has not cleared up but no new acne so I guess it's work
    I am on 30 mg a day

Thanks! Yes, dry lips, leathery skin already and its been 10 days. Drinking tons of water and taking some stuff like NAC to keep liver enzymes down. I am not self medicating, all through my Derm, so have to get monthly blood work. Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Deequarius is offline Associate Member
    Hey man! I don't know if I am violating any rules by posting this on the forum but I am also prescribed to Accutane and on month 3 currently of the same dosage you are on. I am doing a blog/timeline of my own progress on Accutane so if you wanted something to check out to know what to expect feel free...

[accutane] Timeline For Accutane - Mild To Moderate Acne - Prescription acne medications - Forums

Deequarius is offline Associate Member
    Let me know if you have any questions as I'd be more than willing to pass on my knowledge.

Good log man lots good info there
    I will for sure look you up if I have any questions

JWOD is offline Junior Member
    Just takes time bud. Trust me I know, it took me two 6 months runs and I'm just now cleared up but man was it worth it. Went from cystic acne on face and all down back to just about nothing, and scars fade by the week. Just give it time and keep putting aquaphor on your lips that was a blessing for me

Thanks for sharing, good for you that you can blog about your progress, that is great and I'm sure will be very helpful to people, I know I will be checking it for updates from you. Thanks again!

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    Very harsh stuff. I was on for 6 months and the acne definitely got worse before better. Stick with it, I had tried everything else and none had made any difference. After six months of dry lips, nose, mouth, skin I was free from new formations and breakouts, then its just waiting for the scarring to fade. That was 5-6 years ago and I'm still good, I get the occasional one here and there, but no more than an average person and I treat those with Panoyxl. Accutane is a bitch while on it but well worth the effort.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Also on acutane, just finished 4th week, started at 40mg but lowered to 20mg. Seems as effective at lower dosage.

Only sides Im getting is lips and skin peeling off (like dandruff or something), the first 2 weeks my skin was sensitive to sun.

Exfoliating and moisturizing after is helping.

deequarius what's the story with hitting the sauna while using accutane

Thread Information