qq56 is offline New Member

DNP for women - my experience

I see a lot of misleading posts about DNP and women .. and I see very few actual women who have taken DNP giving their take on it. So I figured I'd post here if anyone was interested. Feel free to ask me anything I didn't cover.

I've done several DNP "cycles" but I never made it past 5 days. I tried doing a one day on/one day off 200mg, but I couldn't stand that for more than a week. All I have is 200mg caps, and splitting them myself is too messy.

I think overall .. women (or just me) are just more susceptible to the sides. I never had heart palpitations or any of the serious sides people mention. Honestly, after the fatigue hits, I don't know why you'd keep going. Sweating in sleep is unpleasant also. After only 1 dose of 200mg, I'm already sweating in my sleep, have trouble sleeping or concentrating during the day. I'm easily nauseated .. so on. It also affects your menstrual cycle - either delaying it or skipping. (In this sense, DNP is VERY similar to having the flu.)

I will say though that the weight-loss is significant, and I kept losing weight for a while AFTER you stop. It's clear from the way I felt after one of these "cycles" that it took 3-4 days to fully get it out of my system. So .. stop early. The most I've lost from a 5-day run (and waiting several days to get it out of my system before weighing) was 10 pounds. I ate a lot of fruit and veggies. I don't eat a lot of protein. I didn't exercise outside of my daily bike commute. I think once or twice I went to the gym and I got tired really fast and didn't push myself.

I've done it 3-4 cycles, and a handful of times on top of that where I only took one cap and just ended it there.

Another side I've never seen mentioned - mood stabilization. You'd think a fatigued, sweaty, exhausted lady wouldn't be in a great mood - but I'm pretty calm and relaxed on DNP - I never have intense emotion or anything like that. I've been prescribed mood stabilizers before - so I feel like the similarity is uncanny. I definitely get fatigued and tired, but NEVER depressed or sad or angry. Strange huh. Wish someone would do more testing on this substance. (*I don't mix DNP with anything. - no prescription medication or dr*gs or alcohol. Only thing I take is melatonin for sleep.)

As far as WHY -- I'm not sure. At first I wanted to see if it would improve my cycling, but it just made me tired, and once I noticed the calmness, I would try it every couple of months out of curiosity for this substance. Tiny one-time doses now.

I'm just a wuss and at the first sign of unpleasantness, I backed down.

The whole thing about frying your ovaries - there's no scientific basis for that. It's just made up. Regardless, do your own research before attempting, always.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents .. the amounts some of you men take shocks the hell out of me, but I guess everyone's body is different.

The big problem with DNP is that the dose at which it's effective and the dose at which is poison are uncomfortably close. Back when I did my research I calculated the dose at which it would kill me, considering my gender, height, weight, dose, frequency and half life. It's a range .. so I just calculated the lowest possible dose that could be damaging. I think it was like 600mg a day. Obviously I never even took half that. I always gave up from the sides before I could get close to risky, and I had no problem giving up early. Less DNP = more safe.

Still, it's an interesting substance. Now I'm going to go nap.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qq56 View Post
    I see a lot of misleading posts about DNP and women .. and I see very few actual women who have taken DNP giving their take on it. So I figured I'd post here if anyone was interested. Feel free to ask me anything I didn't cover.

I've done several DNP "cycles" but I never made it past 5 days. I tried doing a one day on/one day off 200mg, but I couldn't stand that for more than a week. All I have is 200mg caps, and splitting them myself is too messy.

I think overall .. women (or just me) are just more susceptible to the sides. I never had heart palpitations or any of the serious sides people mention. Honestly, after the fatigue hits, I don't know why you'd keep going. Sweating in sleep is unpleasant also. After only 1 dose of 200mg, I'm already sweating in my sleep, have trouble sleeping or concentrating during the day. I'm easily nauseated .. so on. It also affects your menstrual cycle - either delaying it or skipping. (In this sense, DNP is VERY similar to having the flu.)

I will say though that the weight-loss is significant, and I kept losing weight for a while AFTER you stop. It's clear from the way I felt after one of these "cycles" that it took 3-4 days to fully get it out of my system. So .. stop early. The most I've lost from a 5-day run (and waiting several days to get it out of my system before weighing) was 10 pounds. I ate a lot of fruit and veggies. I don't eat a lot of protein. I didn't exercise outside of my daily bike commute. I think once or twice I went to the gym and I got tired really fast and didn't push myself.

I've done it 3-4 cycles, and a handful of times on top of that where I only took one cap and just ended it there.

Another side I've never seen mentioned - mood stabilization. You'd think a fatigued, sweaty, exhausted lady wouldn't be in a great mood - but I'm pretty calm and relaxed on DNP - I never have intense emotion or anything like that. I've been prescribed mood stabilizers before - so I feel like the similarity is uncanny. I definitely get fatigued and tired, but NEVER depressed or sad or angry. Strange huh. Wish someone would do more testing on this substance. (*I don't mix DNP with anything. - no prescription medication or dr*gs or alcohol. Only thing I take is melatonin for sleep.)

As far as WHY -- I'm not sure. At first I wanted to see if it would improve my cycling, but it just made me tired, and once I noticed the calmness, I would try it every couple of months out of curiosity for this substance. Tiny one-time doses now.

I'm just a wuss and at the first sign of unpleasantness, I backed down.

The whole thing about frying your ovaries - there's no scientific basis for that. It's just made up. Regardless, do your own research before attempting, always.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents .. the amounts some of you men take shocks the hell out of me, but I guess everyone's body is different.

The big problem with DNP is that the dose at which it's effective and the dose at which is poison are uncomfortably close. Back when I did my research I calculated the dose at which it would kill me, considering my gender, height, weight, dose, frequency and half life. It's a range .. so I just calculated the lowest possible dose that could be damaging. I think it was like 600mg a day. Obviously I never even took half that. I always gave up from the sides before I could get close to risky, and I had no problem giving up early. Less DNP = more safe.

Still, it's an interesting substance. Now I'm going to go nap.
    Nice take.

DNP dosages are based on your body weight.

Here is an excerpt from the profile here at the board...

"2mgs/kg-5mgs/kg is optimal. If I were going to use this stuff personally, Id stay on the low end of that, but I am aware that the "Underground Standard" is 600mgs/day. Thats still a reasonably safe dose, for most. Ill also say that were I to personally use DNP, I would limit its use to less than 3 weeks, 20 days is the longest Im comfortable recommending."

DNP - Steroid .com

so on the low end of the stated range for a 60kg lady....

2mg/kg x 60kg = 120mg/day. So it seems you are taking a conservative approach.
    ---Roman
    Last edited by Times Roman; 05-13-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Thread Information