Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Drinking

cleaner is offline New Member

Drinking

Anybody on sus??? Can I drink on 500/wk?

kapper is offline Associate Member
    Alcohol???

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    If you're not taking any orals with the test you can drink, but it's not a good idea. As one of the seniors on here stated recently, drinking while on cycle is like eating a doughnut while dieting. So, why do it?

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Drinking. So that's your level of commitment.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    why use something what will advance you 3 steps forward and then take something else what will take you 4 steps back. Be commitment to training, eating, sleeping and dedicated to living this lifestyle, if it isn't for you and you want to party and drink, stop taking steroids the mixture of both don't work.
    ngtmarpete likes this.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes you can drink and drinking once a month wont hinder your gain in a noticable way if you dont plan to.compete or anything.

Keep in mind however that alcohol have calories in it like anything else.

If I were you I would consider it as a cheat meal.
    Good for the moral,
    Help to the consistency.
    But dont abuse it.

Why making all these effort, if you dont enjoy life.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    Yes you can drink and drinking once a month wont hinder your gain in a noticable way if you dont plan to.compete or anything.

Keep in mind however that alcohol have calories in it like anything else.

If I were you I would consider it as a cheat meal.
    Good for the moral,
    Help to the consistency.
    But dont abuse it.

Why making all these effort, if you dont enjoy life.
    Having a burger and fries for a cheat meal is at least somewhat productive for the body. Alcohol is not only empty calories, its counterproductive.

If we were talking about a drink with dinner, that would be one thing. But in have a feeling OP isn't planning on stopping at one.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    here's why I don't drink while cycling

1) alcohol affects my motivation. It's harder for me in the gym the next day.
    2) It introduces significant calories that, if not a part of your daily macros, will make it tougher to stay lean and clean
    3) alcohol affects liver function, and drives up liver values on bloods. My liver values are already border line. And I received a letter from my doc the other day saying I need to come back in in a month for additional testing
    4) quite often for me, when I'm drinking, I'm also eating, also not a part of my daily macro plan. drinking increases my appetite as it does for most others due to the alcohol sugars
    ngtmarpete likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Of course you can drink water
    Red Bastard likes this.

I know having a drink is bad on and off... I took oral win and didn't drink... I'm saying like a beer every now and then,not getting hammered just a kick back beer with friends..

kapper is offline Associate Member
    For 4 months of ur life im sure u can just focus on why ur cycling and forget about having a quiet one with the boys!! Its like putting a turbo on a car then driving around with the handbrake on and wondering why its not performing like u thought

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleaner View Post
    I know having a drink is bad on and off... I took oral win and didn't drink... I'm saying like a beer every now and then,not getting hammered just a kick back beer with friends..
    Just dont do it daily,,,drink too much or get drunk. These will all hinder growth,,recovery.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Drinking water is what you need to be doing. 2 oz per 1 lb. You will be so full you will not think about alcohol. I would never drink any alcohol while taking any oral or aas. If you want to train then train correctly, if you want to drink than dont take steroids . Period!

You can always go out with your mates and be the driver and drink all the water you want. They will understand that you are training and thank you for being their driver. Also I found that by not drinking you save a lot of money.

How old are you anyway?

You guys are right!!! I'm taking in about a gal.5 a day of water... 3500 cals 300 carbs... Stopped the chicken and started the beef again for the fat... Pining twice a week 250 per... I'm 32 and you are right about all the water and not wanting anything to drink... I've always done orals and knew about all the damage it can cause.. Thanks all

davesah1 is offline Member
    TBH IMO being a teenager a year ago. Yes its not f*cking optimal for gains, but frequently drinking smaller amounts seemed to negatively impact my lifts a lot less than binge drinking one night a week. Your body gets used to metabolizing the alcohol and it doesnt leave you feeling like you were skull f*cked the morning after. Think about your past, notice that when you heavily drank a couple nights back to back (if you have) you start to feel a lot less crappy in the morning then having a one night bender after a week or so of not touching the sauce. So if your going to drink somewhat heavy, which I dont recommend, do it less heavy and more often if you like drinking a lot. Just being real here... and adding my two cents. I drank for three weeks in my first cycle (3 weeks in) and still the scale kept going up. You will still grow, but how MUCH do you wanna grow.

Thread Information