Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By numbere
  • 1 Post By numbere
  • 1 Post By Mp859

Thread: Preparing for first real cycle

Agentman is offline Junior Member

Preparing for first real cycle

So today I spent a lot of time reading Marcus' diary and taking notes, then a lot of time stocking the fridge up for a good clean diet while on my cycle. I think I have a decent source but gym time and diet are my main focus right now. Hopefully when it comes time to order gear I will be able to get my source verified. Here is my plan:

5' 9"
    203.6 lbs.

Week 1-12
    Test E 600mg week
    Pinning 300 on Monday mornings and Thursday evenings

Week 14-18
    Clomid

** I need advise on dosage***
    ** Should Arimidex be added during this cycle?***

Planning to eat 3k- 3500 calories per day

Ideas? Opinions? Info?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Looks good to me, with a few exceptions

Run HCG throughout the cycle @ 250iu 2x per week

Yes - Run an Ai throughout cycle / I run Exemastane at 12.5mg EOD. Never really used any other Ai

For 4 weeks of PCT use both Nolvadex & Clomid

What's your Bf& BTW?

My source has no HCG , I wanted to add this but at this time I have no source

What dosage is recommended of clomid? Is it necessary to run Nolva too?

Not sure on BF%, leaner now than I have been in a while though

Blog Entries
    For PCT nolva is a must from everything I know. Some guys say they run nolvadex but no clomid. My PCT's were Clomid 100/50/50/25 & nolva of like 40/40/20/20 < I am not 100% sure though, I haven't run PCT meds for a while & don't wanna track down my old cycles

HCG is not a must, but it sure does help. I ran a few cycles without, but now I just don't see the reason not to run it.

Bf% can be fairly important. How long have you been lifting?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Yes, regarding AI:

Adex should be taken @ 0.25mg EOD, week 1-14 (starting day 2 until PCT starts, preferably before going to bed)

Or stane can be taken @ 12.5mg twice a day, week 1-14 (taken with dairy products if possible)

As for PCT:

4 weeks long, beginning 14 days after last injection for test e

Clomid ED @ 75/50/50/50 (each number represents the daily dose (in mg) for that week)

Nolvadex ED @ 40/20/20/20 (each number represents the daily dose (in mg) for that week)
    Last edited by numbere; 05-19-2014 at 04:20 PM.

I have used the meter at the gym but it seems dumb in calculating BF%... You hold this little meter and it tells you your percent, it said 17%. I would think I am higher than that but I am fairly thick all the way around, I have a 18" neck and I remember joining the Army and that was the only way I passed the BF% was because of my neck size. It was a tape test though, so probably a bit different...

If I can come up with a source for HCG I will for sure add it to my cycle but sources seem extremely hard to come by and even harder to trust.

I have been seriously lifting for 2 years but have always been in decent shape since my military days. (been civilian for 4 years)

I think my main issue is diet, I want to make lifestyle changes but I lack in discipline when it comes to food... With the right combo I should be just fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    For PCT nolva is a must from everything I know. Some guys say they run nolvadex but no clomid. My PCT's were Clomid 100/50/50/25 & nolva of like 40/40/20/20 < I am not 100% sure though, I haven't run PCT meds for a while & don't wanna track down my old cycles

HCG is not a must, but it sure does help. I ran a few cycles without, but now I just don't see the reason not to run it.

Bf% can be fairly important. How long have you been lifting?

HCG is legal in the US, you just need to have a script. It isn't that difficult to find if you look around and it's not that expensive. Plus can you really put a price on the health of your balls lol?

Here is a relatively easy way to access body fat:Body Fat Percentage Pictures of Men & Women - BuiltLean
    Last edited by numbere; 05-19-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Judging from that picture I am in the 20-25% range...

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    HCG is legal in the US, you just need to have a script. It isn't that difficult to find if you look around and it's not that expensive. Plus can you really put a price in the health of you balls lol?

Here is a relatively easy way to access body fat:Body Fat Percentage Pictures of Men & Women - BuiltLean
    Last edited by Agentman; 05-19-2014 at 06:40 PM.

You should consider losing some bf before you start your cycle. I wouldn't recommended anyone bulk above 16% bf. There are many negatives when cycling at high body fat.

Please read #3 in this sticky post by Austinite:

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I would suggest getting below 15% and having a nice muscle base before cycling. And for bulking, get low enough so you can cut it off at 15% so you never get above it again. I know some that recommend getting below 10% before cycling and bulking, you'll end up with better results. And quite honestly if you are doing pct, only use cycles for muscle building, so you would want to be getting really lean without the AAS. I mean this might mean losing 30 lbs of fat, which ends up being more actual weight lost, especially if counting water and the weight that will spring back from. Account for a small amount of muscle loss and the water, and you could drop down to like 160 before you hit 10% bf.

My body doesn't seem to like leaning out at all... Last year when I did Test E I gained a ton of weight and muscle and I think a lot of it was water weight. I looked and felt great but weighed 220... I am currently working on trimming up but my body doesn't deal with it well. I can get around 200 and it seems to just hang there.

Would you all recommend starting my cycle with Winny to trim at first? Like 4 weeks Winny?

Quote Originally Posted by Agentman View Post
    My body doesn't seem to like leaning out at all... Last year when I did Test E I gained a ton of weight and muscle and I think a lot of it was water weight. I looked and felt great but weighed 220... I am currently working on trimming up but my body doesn't deal with it well. I can get around 200 and it seems to just hang there.

Would you all recommend starting my cycle with Winny to trim at first? Like 4 weeks Winny?
    uhh, didn't everyone already say to learn to cut before you run a cycle? or did you not read all the responses?

uhh, didn't everyone already say to learn to cut before you run a cycle? or did you not read all the responses?

edit: besides four weeks isn't enough time to lose the amount of body fat you need to lose. And even then if you lost all the body fat before the cycle, you could prime for four weeks, but without any steroids at all then start your cycle, but that is all after you have brought the body fat down a ton, and have a good base to build on, which might take some serious time.

Blog Entries
    Hey, test alone could be used as an excellent tool on a cut

But, this all goes back to how well you know what you're doing

High test, like typically used on 1st cycle will most likely cause you to gain more crap weight than lose it

The last 5 week cycle I did I think my body fat dropped drastically. I was extremely strong and more defined than ever. I think my water retention was very high too. I drink a gallon of water per day, and on the test I read water retention greatly rises. Since that cycle I have cut creatine out completely and dropped from 220 to 203. At one point I was at 199 but went on vacation and had about 4 days of cheat meals. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Hey, test alone could be used as an excellent tool on a cut

But, this all goes back to how well you know what you're doing

High test, like typically used on 1st cycle will most likely cause you to gain more crap weight than lose it

The higher your bf the more water you will retain, and your body will convert more test to estrogen.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

jason559 is offline Junior Member
    At 24% bf i took 250mg of test e once a week and it brought me down to 18-19 after 10 weeks, second cyc i ran the same mg. Test with anavar at 50mg ed, slimmed bf to 15%. Just started third cyc and im running 600mg test and 600mg eq e.w. thank god my fat is down because i wouldnt see shit!!!!!

I recommend a low 250 mg of test a week for all newbies

So today I spent a lot of time reading Marcus' diary and taking notes, then a lot of time stocking the fridge up for a good clean diet while on my cycle. I think I have a decent source but gym time and diet are my main focus right now. Hopefully when it comes time to order gear I will be able to get my source verified. Here is my plan:

5' 9"
    203.6 lbs.

Week 1-12
    Test E 600mg week
    Pinning 300 on Monday mornings and Thursday evenings

Week 14-18
    Clomid

** I need advise on dosage***
    ** Should Arimidex be added during this cycle?***

Planning to eat 3k- 3500 calories per day

Ideas? Opinions? Info?
    Test is too high

Quote Originally Posted by jason559 View Post
    Test is too high
    And too long, especially if ur cutting or cycling ur carbs. Talk about an exhausting 12 weeks!!!!!

Dont forget higher test equals higher estro.

Quote Originally Posted by jason559 View Post
    I recommend a low 250 mg of test a week for all newbies
    This dosage seems a bit low. 350-400mg (500 for UGL) is needed to see gains from test.
    RigPig likes this.

First injection went in last night at 8PM, had a great workout afterwards. A little PIP but more from my wife fishing in my leg with this 25g needle. I may go back to 23g...

So tonight I will start my arimidex , I am reading to take it at night. Any more recommendations on this? I plan to take .25mg before bed.

Also I pinned with a 25g 1" needle and injected in the outside muscle of my thigh. Would you all recommend going to 1 1/2" needles?

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use a 22g 1 inch pin for everything and the time you take you arimidex doesn't matter. I take it in the morning with all my other vitamins that is the most convenient for me.
    RigPig likes this.

So now here I am ready for injection number 2 and second dose of arimidex . I will say the arimidex had a strange taste but the dose is so small you barely notice it. The PIP in my right leg is just starting to completely disappear and now my left one will start up. Either way the slight tenderness always motivates me in the gym!

Last night my shoulder workout went like this
    DB Arnold Press
    40X20
    50X15
    60X10

DB Shoulder Press
    60X12
    65X10
    70X6

Plate raises
    35X12
    45X10