Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By David LoPan
  • 1 Post By Docd187123
  • 1 Post By jdpeters

Thread: Rest

Roughneck82 is offline Associate Member

Rest

While on gear, after working a muscle group. How much time should you wait until hitting the same muscle again?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Between sets, 2 minutes or less
    Between workouts, 2x a week max.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    You can work the love muscle group daily if you have the right workout partner.
    lovbyts likes this.

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    Younger guys may find they are able to hit a body part every 4-5 days. I usually train at very high intensity on cycle and need go every 7 days and even more if I feel I need it. I've seen some of the experienced guys here say they may go 10-12 days. It depends on how you recover, your nutrition, how you are sleeping, etc. In the end; you have to know your body. If you're constantly feeling lethargic, beat up and tired, you are probably doing too much. I think that way more of us over-train than under-train.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    5-7 days works best for me.

Go to the lounge and click on Marcus's Diary. Wealth of information there.
    I used to not want to rest or take time. Now that I do I can see and feel the difference.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck82 View Post
    While on gear, after working a muscle group. How much time should you wait until hitting the same muscle again?
    on or off gear, you should only hit a muscle group 2x a week max

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I don't mean to hijack your thread Roughneck. Once test levels have risen how hard can one push themselves in the gym? Should one be cognisant of overtraining?

Please keep the jokes to a minimum. I've heard Rich Piana say you can't over train while on gear.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    You can hit them as often as you want provided you program your training correctly. For example, I'm currently squatting 3x a week but soon will be up to squatting 4x a week. My progression scheme will have to change and I'll need to include an active recovery day but there's no way I'll ever squat less than twice a week....barring an injury of course

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess we should have clarified. if you want to maximize growth, then muscle tissue will continue to grow for up to three days post workout.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck82 View Post
    1-2x a week max IMO

Roughneck82 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for all the info. Think I need more sleep daily maybe get 5hrs. 2yr old son and 8 month pergo wife with back pains is killing me. Barely stay awake during day. We were training once a week, starting this week upping everything but legs to 2x week

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    You can hit them as often as you want provided you program your training correctly. For example, I'm currently squatting 3x a week but soon will be up to squatting 4x a week. My progression scheme will have to change and I'll need to include an active recovery day but there's no way I'll ever squat less than twice a week....barring an injury of course
    But Doc, aren't you doing something like a volume day, a light day and an intensity day? In other words, you aren't doing like 5X5 at 90%+ of your 5RM for all 3 or 4 days?

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
    But Doc, aren't you doing something like a volume day, a light day and an intensity day? In other words, you aren't doing like 5X5 at 90%+ of your 5RM for all 3 or 4 days?
    I'm not doing a 5x5 currently but have in the past. You're point is accurate though, right now I'm experimenting with seeing how far I can take LP with anabolics. One way of orogramming is a volume day, intensity day, and recovery day but you're still training the lift, the body part, the CNS, etc multiple times per week.

There are other more sadistic methods out there also. Look at the success of Oly lifters, GVT, Bulgarian training, Sheiko, etc and how many of them squat up to 6-7days per week and sometimes they squat multiple times per day. It's all about accommodating the workload, increasing conditioning, etc.
    DontTaseMeBro likes this.

jdpeters is offline Associate Member
    That does sound sadistic. I think I might try that. Want to really build up my legs!
    Docd187123 likes this.

Getlean007 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck82
    5 min Inbetween, for unreal gains

Thread Information