Newjoscook is offline New Member

Why is Sustanon a bad first cycle?

I have Sustanon and wanted to take 250mg/week for 10 weeks but some people are telling me it's a bad first cycle. If it's all I can get, would it be ok to run? I also have dbol but will probably save that for a later cycle.

I'm 24
    5'9" 185lbs
    about %15bf

I've been lifting for about 3 years.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Many people may disagree with me, however I don't think its a BAD first cycle, assuming of course it does not have Test D or U in the mix. If it has any of these long esters then its a very bad choice since they will take soo long to clear.

The Dbol you should definitely save for down the road, as I suspect you already know you want to first see how your body responds to Test alone before adding other compounds to the mix.

Just to make sure do you have your PCT chems already? You want to have your known good PCT ( the site sponsor AR-R is known good) chems as well as some AI's in hand before you start your cycle so that you will be prepared....nothing worse than feeling your nipples getting sore and then wishing you had AI's on hand....
    Last edited by Far from massive; 05-24-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Shadeed is offline Associate Member
    I would say, train for another year without steroids , keep reading to gather all the critical points (My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle)

But in case you decide to move on with your plan, here is why i think Sus250 is a not a good choice, Sus250 has like 4 different esters and in case you want to benefit from every mg, you need to inject every other day (EoD) in order to have a stable blood levels. So with EoD injections this may not be a suitable 1st cycle.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't think sus is a bad first cycle as long as you know a couple of things. First- it takes a little longer clear due to the decanoate Esther. Second- it may take a tad longer to kick in. Third-I think 12 weeks is the absolute min sus should be run because of the decanoate Esther. If you eat right, train hard, and your gear is legit then you will have a productive first cycle. I remember back in the early 90's when sus was one if the only tes product you could get.

Newjoscook is offline New Member
    Thanks a lot guys.
    I don't have ai or pct yet, however I don't plan on cycling until the fall anyway.
    I'm just saving up cash right now to make sure I have everything when the time comes.
    You say it takes a long time to clear your system, do jobs even test for steroids anyway?
    Also what would be good pct and ai?
    And, just 250mg/week of sustanon wouldn't do mch then correct?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    My early years and best years were SUST ONLY and later on often SUST based cycles.
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with using it your first run.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    I love sust personally. It's a preference. And yup I used it For my first cycle.

My first cycle was sus250 @ 500mg/wk. I got great results but sus250 hurt like a muther.

Thread Information