Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown
  • 1 Post By derekkpapa1

Thread: Planned beginners cycle - advice needed.

Lee_1978 is offline Member

Planned beginners cycle - advice needed.

Hi,

After much consideration, I've decided on undergoing my first AAS cycle. This site/forum has provided me with a wealth of great information in addition to many hours reading, much of which I've based my planned cycle on. The primary reason for looking into AAS is my increasing frustration at not being able to achieve the type of muscle mass that's eluded me for several years - I've made considerable improvements since I first started lifting, but it was after my last bulking cycle I concluded that I may have maxed my natural capacity for growth. Please comment/critique if you please.

Stats

Height: 178cm/5"10
    Current weight: 85kg
    Current BF: 17% - I'm currently cutting and working on bringing this down to 14%-15%
    Total training years: 12 (6 years seriously)

Cycle

Week 1-12 Test E 600mg per week in 2 x 300 mg injections Mon AM/Thurs PM
    Week 1-12 Aromasin 25mg ED
    Week 1-12 HCG 250iu x 2 per week

PCT

Week 15-18 Nolva 40/20/20/20
    Week 15-18 Clomid 75/50/50/50

Supplements

Week 1 -12

Vitamin C - 2 grams ED
    Vitamin B12 - 1000 mcg ED
    Magnesium - 1000 mg ED
    Zinc - 30 mg ED
    NAC - 700 mg ED

Background

I’ve been training for 12 years and have made some good progress since taking a more serious approach, which is roughly about seven years ago. As a natural hardgainer/ectomorph it’s been pretty hard to gain muscle and keep it, especially during a cutting cycle - weight drops off too easily. The idea of using AAS is simply out of frustration from not being able to attain the type of muscle and size that seems to allude me. I train hard and I’m naturally interested and love food and nutrition. I just hope I’m not one of those people who’s resistant to high levels of test!

Concerns

MPB – I have marginal thinning around my hairline, so I’m going to invest in the following

Rogaine 10% minoxidil
    Nizoral shampoo
    Azaleic acid 5%

Has anyone had any experience regarding hairloss and test? I know many will think that you shouldn't be running a cycle if you’re concerned about hair loss, but this is something I want to do undoubtedly, so taking precautions is the most I can do realistically.

AI's/Gyno

I’ve read a lot on the many pros and cons of the various AI’s and I’ve decided that Exemestane is the best AI for me, but could I run a lower dose ED at 12.5 mg even having had a pubertal gyno, or is this asking for trouble? People seem spilt on taking 12.5 g ED versus 25 mg ED. I suppose I’m concerned about lowering my estrogen too much, as I know this can impact gains, and as an ectomorph, I want to do everything to ensure this cycle is worthwhile and successful.

I'll be posting my training and nutrition plan shortly.

Thanks.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You cycle looks pretty good. As far as an ai is concerned that is your choice l stane is good but I would not run it less then 12.5 ed and would be prepared to go up to 25 mgs a day. What ever you decide make sure you take l-stane daily due to its half life. Less is always better but you will have to decide how much based on sides. As far as hair goes, if you are losing it all ready then AAS use will def further the process along a little quicker. You can try measures to combat this hairloss but I think you need to be realistic and it sounds like you are. Thank god wearing your hair really short or shaved is popular now as I have been buzzing mine for years. Do your research on diet and adhere to it because it will really determine the outcome of your cycle along with alot of hard work.
    Lee_1978 likes this.

Thanks for the input. Luckily, nutrition is something I love and I have no problem in feeding myself 4k good quality calories. I'll post up my plan shortly.

Bump

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would see If you can get your bf% down to below 12 to see if you got what it takes. cause many on here bulk (badly) and end up gaining a lot of fat.
    and pct is 2 weeks after not 3.

when I did my bulk I was not happy with the overall results cause I looked puffed up and thick. If you want the thick look with no vascularity or a flat stomach then it would work for you.

Cheers,

In terms of the PCT, I would end the cycle on the 12th week, so would have weeks 13 and 14 off and commence PCT on the 15th week - is this not correct?

I actually prefer the bulky, less vascular look but want to keep some sort of a flat stomach, surely you can look bulky by keeping the calories high and watching fat? I'm thinking of throwing in some fasted cardio about 4 weeks into cycle.

Bump

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks good hcg last shot 3 days prior pct and ai up to pct.
    I am also prone to losing hair but have not tried anything for it. I seem to loose more hair just after pct but i am also getting older.
    Your diet will be key for your out come its your choice.
    Lee_1978 likes this.

VegasBody is offline Associate Member
    Looks good
    Why U do the test Thursday pm? Not am?
    Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by VegasBody View Post
    Looks good
    Why U do the test Thursday pm? Not am?
    Just curious
    I was on the assumption that a 3 1/2 day interval was the best protocol for injections?

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    Looks good hcg last shot 3 days prior pct and ai up to pct.
    I am also prone to losing hair but have not tried anything for it. I seem to loose more hair just after pct but i am
    also getting older.
    Your diet will be key for your out come its your choice.
    Thanks mate. So I should stop the AI on the 17th day and HCG on the 15th day?

Anymore advice from anyone?

Can anyone tell me what kind of gains they experienced from their first cycle - particular body parts that grew substantially, areas that didn't grow despite good training?

Thanks.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Stop over thinking it. keep doing your normal routine and adjust as needed as you go. You will be able to increase training as cycle goes on

Sure, it's just that I'm a complete novice to this and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing as well as wanting to make the most out of it.

Thanks.

Blade15 is offline Senior Member

I've read that thread many times

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_1978 View Post
    I've read that thread many times

Then read again brotherrrr .. you need it

After reading that thread again..

read this too

EDUCATIONAL THREADS

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Hi, I am doing same cycle just lower test amount.

Why do you want to do 600 on ur 1st cycle? Having plenty of results just at 450, sometimes its already overwhelming (in a good way...).

jason559 is offline Junior Member
    Chest up will grow quick. Concentrate on core!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Why do you want to do 600 on ur 1st cycle? Having plenty of results just at 450, sometimes its already overwhelming (in a good way...).
    I suppose I want an 'edge', in reply to your question as to why I want to do 600 mg test per week. I have been thinking of lowering the dose as I'm concerned about MPB. How is your cycle going?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Cheers bud.

Can you explain why l should concentrate on core?

Thread Information