Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Am I lean enough to cycle???

tango02 is offline Associate Member

Am I lean enough to cycle???

I would have to say "no not yet" but just figured I would throw it out there for conversation sake anyway. 29 6'0 220lbs, ideally I would like to cycle at 200lbs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140428_154612_166.jpg 
Views:	593 
Size:	634.7 KB 
ID:	150165

Name:	IMG_20140428_192302_705.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	150168

Name:	IMG_20140428_192406_612.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	150169

I am estimating BF% between 22-25% That sound about right? I am working on reducing this obviously before I start my next cycle(havent cycled in a few years). I understand that 15% BF is ideal to start a cycle. And I want to get as much out of my gear as possible but I am going on this cycle to cut weight...would it be ok to start at say 18%?
    Last edited by tango02; 04-28-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    You are right about "no not yet" IMO. Get your diet where it needs to be, spend some more time really focusing on training right and then come back and approach it.

Matt007 is offline Associate Member
    Well I would def throw the tren out of the window from your last post bro
    As far as cycling goes, your bf is sitting fairly high I would assume looking at the pics 25% or higher, even if u did cycle all steroids are doing is preserving muscle while in a caloric deficit, so I would say atleast diet down to 15% bf or less to start to show some def, work on your dieting then do a cycle, if u do a cycle now with high bf, its gonna turn into a mess and some neg sides to go along with it at your current bf

There is no magic to steroids , magic happens with proper dieting, when u are low in bf with a proper diet and training thats when the steroids play a great tool in the game and u look bigger at a lower weight with lower bf then what u do now at a higher bf
    I would say your goal weight would be somewhere in the 180 to 190 range to get down to a good bf %
    The first 1 to 2 weeks with proper dieting u will drop a **** load of water man exspect up to 10lbs or more, by the time u know it you will start seeing great results
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-28-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    tango02 likes this.

Mik3-93 is offline New Member
    You need to try lower down that body fat before you cycle man.

I agree with all of you. That dont happen often here huh??? haha

I am realistic about where I am at fitness wise. That is why I dont care to start a thread like this. I will get there its just a matter of time. Just wait and see

I put up some slightly better pics...and when I say slightly I mean it lmao. I have a good time in the gym when im there. I dont think most people do...at least not at my gym. They see it as a chore....I see it as a release. So like I said before....just a matter of time.

I wouldnt know half the shit I do now if it wasnt for this site. So yes I am a beginner to what I would say is hardcore fitness but I had to start some where right?? Why not here???

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The leaner you are the better. Partially did to the fact that when you cycle and bulk you are going to out on some flub. That is a fact of life. If you are wise and patient you will shed the BF and then you will be able make theist of your cycle.
    tango02 likes this.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    man keep it up you will be there in no time!!!
    tango02 likes this.

Everyone started somewhere, either skinny or fat or average they all started somewhere
    Time and patients is key to success
    2years ago struggle with an addiction issue (alc), to now 2 years sober
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I lean enough to cycle???-20140415_182653-1.jpg   Am I lean enough to cycle???-asset-2.jpeg   Am I lean enough to cycle???-asset-1.jpeg  
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-28-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    tango02 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    man keep it up you will be there in no time!!!
    Thanks bro!

Keep your head up man, keep the progress rolling and every week dieting down u will noticea change

Quote Originally Posted by Matt007 View Post
    Keep your head up man, keep the progress rolling and every week dieting down u will noticea change
    yea man just got to get my diet in check better and it will happen. I understand better how to do that now thanks to the advice I have gotten from you and this board. I will post progress pics at some point.

Everyone started somewhere, either skinny or fat or average they all started somewhere
    Time and patients is key to success
    2years ago struggle with an addiction issue (alc), to now 2 years sober
    This is an awesome transformation. What kind of time frame was this done in?

Dont get into a yo-yo dieting approach either, myself was doing that shit lean out for abit then bulk back up ect ect, get yourself down to a good bf% first nomatter how small u think u are getting like the 12% to 10% range or less then bulk off that and dont let yourself get past 14to 15% bf and u are gonna look bigger and better then before sitting at a lower weight with lower bf%, in this game its all about illusion bro

Quote Originally Posted by tango02 View Post
    This is an awesome transformation. What kind of time frame was this done in?
    Been at it for 2 years pumping iron, but did the yo-yo approach to dieting likei said, I woukd get down to 15% bf then bulk next thingi knew I was in the 20% bf range again, never again, i am now on my 11th weekon my cut and droped a lot of inches off my waist and getting down to 10 or 9% bf before I consider blasting again, right now I am on my cruise dose, nothing else other then my diet and training

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I would have to say "no not yet" but just figured I would throw it out there for conversation sake anyway. 29 6'0 220lbs, ideally I would like to cycle at 200lbs.

Name:	IMG_20140428_154612_166.jpg 
Views:	593 
Size:	634.7 KB 
ID:	150165

Name:	IMG_20140428_192302_705.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	150168

Name:	IMG_20140428_192406_612.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	150169

I am estimating BF% between 22-25% That sound about right? I am working on reducing this obviously before I start my next cycle(havent cycled in a few years). I understand that 15% BF is ideal to start a cycle. And I want to get as much out of my gear as possible but I am going on this cycle to cut weight...would it be ok to start at say 18%?
    I think you would be fine. Adding AAS will stimulate your metabolism and well as your intense training and
    dont forget a very huge factor,,,DIET!!!

U can probably do it within 12 to 16 weeks bro, go on a cut, be disipline about it, dont let your mind play tricks on u, your worst enemy is your mind when cutting thinking u are shrinking but in reality u look bigger, u will start to get comments and more stares, then u know u are doing something right haha, goodluck man
    People always say I look bigger then what I weigh, how it works bro "illusion"

What u want to do is keep your body thinking why I do a refeed once a week, and make it on a sunday after I weigh in and take measurements, almost like treating yourself for the day but also does physical and mental benifits as well, make set macros for your refeed for that day follow them, as long as u stay within your macros who cares, shit like I said I eat jelly beans, fries, cake ect on my refeed but also have set macros for my carb load day the iifym approach then shut it down once I hit my set macros and back to my dieting plan for the next 6 days and so on
    U wanna turn your body into a human burning furnace haha, why carb cycling works wonders as well your body is like wtf ed
    Like yesterday my refeed consist of 1 large pizza, jelly beans, a couple choc bars, and today back dieting, and had the best workout today with all those carbs lol
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-28-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Could I start a cruise dose at 250mg per week and then cycle up to my previously stated cycle?

And the Tren is not out the window man!! haha Just gotta wait a bit on it! I love that stuff man be hard to leave it out when I do get ready. I

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    What do you think juice will help? It will not do anything unless you make the change. Maybe get you a little bigger or stronger - maybe

Diet is #1, then lifts & last is sauce

GL

probuild42 is offline Member
    Could I start a cruise dose at 250mg per week and then cycle up to my previously stated cycle?

And the Tren is not out the window man!! haha Just gotta wait a bit on it! I love that stuff man be hard to leave it out when I do get ready. I
    No need to start at cruise doses. IMO you are already cruising natty! Take advantage of it!

I agree with most of the above. Except for with Alin's comments. IMO your not ready. BF is to high! This will increase chance of bad sides. Like Acne, water retention and maganing e2.

It sounds like you have the right mindset and are doing a great job so far! Keep it up. Get lean and mean before starting the aas again. When you introduce a cycle the results will be much more profound with proper diet and training.

Good luck and stay strong!
    tango02 likes this.

What I meant by me cruising is I cannot produce my own natural test production tango, so I cruise and blast, as for yourself u can produce your own natty test so why not cut natty get your bf to a dedent level, work on dieting, then hit a cycle when u have lower bf to work with, if u cycled now it would just turn into a mess with the possible neg sides to go along with, and u wont be happy with your results as the higher bf will be covering up the majority of the gains anyways bro
    Use the plan I gave u tinker wirh it the foods u like to eat, but that gives u something to work with, with the current bf u have no need to goover 275g of protein, as your lbm is probably around the 150lbs mark range give or take

It takes me literally 20min to prep my 3 meals to goto work with, simple, easy, effective, replace one beef meal twice a week for a can of salmon to get your efa's in,

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Not to rain on your parade. You need more time in the gym as well as diet. I don't see a base of quality muscle. Your a big guy, but your traps should be bulging. Biceps and triceps, chest ect. Looks like you have been at the gym
    less than a year.
    Keep pushing hard and in a couple years you may be ready

What I meant by me cruising is I cannot produce my own natural test production tango, so I cruise and blast, as for yourself u can produce your own natty test so why not cut natty get your bf to a dedent level, work on dieting, then hit a cycle when u have lower bf to work with, if u cycled now it would just turn into a mess with the possible neg sides to go along with, and u wont be happy with your results as the higher bf will be covering up the majority of the gains anyways bro
    Use the plan I gave u tinker wirh it the foods u like to eat, but that gives u something to work with, with the current bf u have no need to goover 275g of protein, as your lbm is probably around the 150lbs mark range give or take
    Ahh I gotcha! I didnt know it was actual HRT doses. LBM was calculated at 169lbs. So say 1.1 grams of protein per lb of lbm works out to 185.9...call it 186.

So a 186p/50c/40f split would work in a deficit?

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Not to rain on your parade. You need more time in the gym as well as diet. I don't see a base of quality muscle. Your a big guy, but your traps should be bulging. Biceps and triceps, chest ect. Looks like you have been at the gym
    less than a year.
    Keep pushing hard and in a couple years you may be ready
    You're not raining on my parade man lol. I know I need more time, like I said in a previous post I am realistic about where I am at. I just wanted to start this thread for conversation sake I suppose. There is nothing anyone can say that I don't already realize...at least not yet. I just enjoy discussing this type of thing with everyone. It gives me the ability to reflect at some point on where I started and where I am going.

Ahh I gotcha! I didnt know it was actual HRT doses. LBM was calculated at 169lbs. So say 1.1 grams of protein per lb of lbm works out to 185.9...call it 186.

So a 186p/50c/40f split would work in a deficit?
    Ouch bro, your pro, carbs are set way to low, slow and steady cut
    Times your weight by 1.5 for pro intake, but I wouldnt consume any less then 225g pro per day, thats just me tho, fats at 50g, and keep your carbs above 50g so u dont end up going into a keto state, I would recommend in the range of 150 to 100g of carbs keeping your carbs set for breeakfest/pre/post w/o, go from there and see how u feel, should bring u somewhere in the 2000-2200 cal range, but figure out your tdee first then drop 500 cals from your tdee and adjust your diet every week with your new weight, make it sunday to take measurements and weight and adjust

Bro look at it this way, look at your pics, from a year or 2 and then youll be like wtf, haha, keep training, get your diet in check, start your cut now, dont get into a yo yo effect bulking and cutting scheme, get down to a low bf% and then bulk from there and youll never look fatagain as u wont be pushing more then 15% bulking then equals less time to cut, I would rather cut in 6 weeks then 16 weeks anyday lol

Whats your waist measure by chance?
    I would be able to dettermine your approx bf, with your waist measurement

Bro look at it this way, look at your pics, from a year or 2 and then youll be like wtf, haha, keep training, get your diet in check, start your cut now, dont get into a yo yo effect bulking and cutting scheme, get down to a low bf% and then bulk from there and you'll never look fat again as u wont be pushing more then 15% bulking then equals less time to cut, I would rather cut in 6 weeks then 16 weeks any day lol
    damn right, 6 weeks sounds MUCH better than 16!!

TDEE is 2885
    BMR is 2033
    LBM is 169lbs x 1.5 is 253.5g pro
    I will bump up the Carbs and Fat
    So looks like a 250/100/50 split at 2100 cals would work well. Sound ok?

Where is the proper placement for measuring your waist? Is it actually at my waist or is it up higher? I don't have a tape here with me...ill find one.

Slightly above the belly button
    Macros seem good, probs around a 25% deficit, try it out make adjustments if needed
    Dont be alarmed the first few weeks to drop a ton of weight, pretty much water weight, up to 10lbs or more u can loose
    Your goal woukd be to loose 1/2" off waist 1% bf per week, what I am currently loosing as we speak per week, rougly around 2 to 3lbs a week
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-29-2014 at 01:09 PM.

25% would be 2164 cals. This is doable for me, I am not a big eater so no worries on being hungry. Think I may hit up the sauna tonight at the gym to jump start the water retention loss.

Finished a 300 workout @23 mins last night. About fuking threw up but that's most nights in the gym. The creator of the 300 workout did it in 18 mins. This is what I am working towards. This seems to be burning fat well with no noticeable muscle loss.

Waist measurement is 38 inches. Measured just above the navel. Thats odd tho cause my pant size is 34. I guess the two are not directly related.

No cant go by pant size, grab yourself a cloth tape measure, they sell them pretty much anywhere, and if your out maybe a bodyfat calc
    But take waist measurements, measure your neck ( under adoms apple), and your weight once a week, make it a sunday when u wake up with no food or water intake in u

Yeah your sitting in the range of 20-22% bf approx.
    If u are stricked about your dieting u can chop that shit with 12 to 16 weeks to get down to a great bf % like the 12 to 10% range bro, itjust depends how strict u are with dieting
    Set your carbs up if doing 150g carbs a day to 50g breakfest, pre/post w/o, the rest will be protein and your fats consumed throughout the day
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-29-2014 at 02:20 PM.

I have been fairly strict with the diet so far. I travel alot for my job so sometimes its hard to eat clean. I have already cut some BF tho. I haven't lost alot of weight but the belly fat is noticeably less pronounced. I try not to look at the scale much cause I dont really care what I weigh just what I look like.

I haven't been 10-12 % BF since my Jiu Jitsu days. That was a long time ago, would be VERY nice to be there again just with more muscle this time.

VegasBody is offline Associate Member
    One thing ....measure your food ...don't assume
    I see it all the time oh that 4 oz of brown rice no it's almost double same with protein and fats especially later when u are getting to the last 4-5% u want to lose

Yes always weigh your food, very important

I am down 9lbs in two weeks....not since I started this thread...but since I started my diet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information