PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Is it a bad idea to train with an infection? (Cellulitis)

I "may" have cellulitis in my left quad from my previous injection on Thursday morning. (currently Sunday evening) It's very sore, a bit swollen, red, and seems to be warm to the touch. Depending on how it looks in the morning I'm most likely off to see my Dr.

Anyways, would it be a bad idea to still train if I have an infection? I was thinking of avoiding legs but was hoping upper body would be fine. I'm thinking that the extra bloodflow might help spread the infection? I can't afford to take a week off at the gym.

Thanks in advance,
    Pistol

eroc is offline Junior Member
    i was misdiagnosed with cellulitis from a shot i did in my glute. it was red and swollen look like i had a third ass cheek. but the pain moved from my side to my tail bone over the course of 5 days. painful to sit and walk. i was using a 1.5 inch needle and i believe i just hit a nerve which swelled up. i still trained just moved back legs. doctor will put you on antibiotic worst case scenario

The good thing is that if it is an infection it's in the really early stages so it shouldn't be too bad. I had it once before over the winter and it was accute Cellulitis. Not even sure it's what's going on but just want to make sure. Rather safe than sorry.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I do know that cellulitis is contagious at a certain time(my old lady is a Dr) and I've had it as well putting me in the hospital... It's a type of staff infection if I'm not mistaken... IMO get some more advice or research a bit more... To be on the safe side my man!!!
    Last edited by NACH3; 06-08-2014 at 05:06 PM.

I totally agree and I ALWAYS do what's safer. I'm not one for taking risks. I'm going to outline the redness (although it is very faint) and then if the redness is outside the area I will see my Dr. first thing in the morning. I'm praying it's not an infection though because I'm seeing such awesome results and I hate to lose anything.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I totally agree and I ALWAYS do what's safer. I'm not one for taking risks. I'm going to outline the redness (although it is very faint) and then if the redness is outside the area I will see my Dr. first thing in the morning. I'm praying it's not an infection though because I'm seeing such awesome results and I hate to lose anything.
    I definitely hear that Pistol... As I don't have an infection but recently(actually this whole cycle of mine) but my father broke his neck... Stress was/is thru the roof- not good... Gettin a lot better as he is coming home on Wednesday... I haven't missed a day even though I was out in Cali for a wk to visit my girl... I totally understand where ur comin from... As mine was in wk 8 of my 12 wk cyc! I may extend 2 wks though as I'm runnin prop/primo/ & var!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this. Glad that he's coming home though. Stress sucks esp. when we're being selfish about our goals.

I'm now thinking I have an allergic reaction to this gear or something. Last week I injected into my right glute and had a similar problem. It hurt like hell until today even though it's still a tad sore to the touch. I've only done a few injections with this gear and it's been terrible. I actually decided to just toss it and use something else. Time will tell.

rplante7 is offline Junior Member
    I only train when I have an infection

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Even if it is an infection, working out won't make it worse (obviously don't train the affected site).
    Cellulitis is just a blanket term for a localized bacterial infection (usually caused by some strain of Staph or Strep).

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Glad that he's coming home though. Stress sucks esp. when we're being selfish about our goals.
    Thanx bro and yes we are... Lol

MODO is offline Associate Member
    Oh man there is some bad medicine in this thread. If you have a fever stay home. If not, go nuts.

And if you want to train the affected muscle/area, only do so if the pain isn't significant.
    Last edited by MODO; 06-09-2014 at 12:23 AM.

I saw my Dr. today just to be safe because the pain and swelling has gotten worse. He said he doesn't believe it to be an infection but because I have an artificial hip he doesn't want to take any chances so he put me on a mild antibiotic but he said I can still train without any risk so that's a huge benefit.

MODO is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    I saw my Dr. today just to be safe because the pain and swelling has gotten worse. He said he doesn't believe it to be an infection but because I have an artificial hip he doesn't want to take any chances so he put me on a mild antibiotic but he said I can still train without any risk so that's a huge benefit.
    So you had a medical problem, went to the doctor... and got treatment? Holy crap guys, can we sticky this!

just razzing ya! glad you got the advice you needed

Thread Information