Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Battleplan

Thread: Is Test like a bag of Lays?

Camaroguru is offline Junior Member

Is Test like a bag of Lays?

Will I be able to do just one? I know, no one can answer that but I am just curious; I plan on doing my first cycle coming up. I'm a little guy and it's my first one so I'm going to do Test E 150mg twice a week (300mg total per week), with an AI and Clomid/Nolva pct. My question is, does anyone know someone who has done just 1 cycle and never again? I do a good job of maintaining my muscle so I just want a little boost late in life to add some size and then just maintain from there. Pipe dream?
    And if I do a proper pct, can I be expected to be just as before (blood, natty test production etc...)? I know that no one can be sure of this and that's the risk I take, but what are the chances?

44 yrs old
    5-9
    155 lbs
    10.5-11% bf
    lifting since I was 14

Edit: I need to add something before I hear "You have been lifting for 30 yrs and ur only 155!" For starters, I'm a very small framed guy who will never, ever be heavy...genetics; a whole nother thread. Second, I have been close to 180 at around 16% bf but recently had shoulder surgery so, where I can't lift heavy anyway, I decided to go on a cut and lose some bf, which is turning out very well for me. So, I plan on getting all healed up, shoot some test and start back on a good, clean bulk.
    Last edited by Camaroguru; 06-16-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    What's your diet consist of

I maintain at around 2100 cals. Right now Im taking in around 1900/day and have been losing around a 1/4 lb per week for the last 5 months, since post-op. Been eating whey, yogurt, chicken and cottage cheese. On cycle I plan on upping to 2500-2600 cals by adding peanut butter, oats and just more quantity of what I eat now.

Battleplan is offline Junior Member
    I think there is little chance you will do just one cycle, I don't know anybody who has, myself included. Once you start you will see what I mean. Constant fullness, weight and strength gains just keep coming, pumps are like nothing you have experienced before.

At 44 I think it is a good idea to get bloods done and see just where your levels are at. AAS could be a quality of life decision for someone of your age.
    m314 likes this.

IronBudda is offline New Member
    I'm no expert but you are no where near your natural potential.

You also eat like a bird. Why did you think it was a good idea to cut at that weight?

What are your lifts like?

Hate to be brutally honest but you've been doing it wrong. You should up the calories and add another 25lbs before you even consider gear.

Good luck

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Don't shut yourself down for 300 mg a week.
    400-500 mg would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Battleplan View Post
    AAS could be a quality of life decision for someone of your age.
    What do you mean? Could I not be the same after 1 cycle, even with proper pct?

Quote Originally Posted by IronBudda View Post
    I'm no expert but you are no where near your natural potential.

You also eat like a bird. Why did you think it was a good idea to cut at that weight?

What are your lifts like?

Hate to be brutally honest but you've been doing it wrong. You should up the calories and add another 25lbs before you even consider gear.

Good luck
    I know I'm not at my natty potential. I seriously doubt everyone who has done a cycle chose to reach theirs before jumping on. The reason I chose to cut now was because I can't lift heavy anyway due to my shoulder healing up so if I kept eating the way I was, I'd just gain too much bf. So I chose to take this "down time" and lose some bf instead. I'm always reading that it's better to start on low bf anyway right?
    I really do appreciate everyone's input though. It helps me learn more about it.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    ......I have never met anyone yet that has only done a single cycle and then stopped.

Othello is offline Member
    ^^^ same as TR. We all started that cycle that was supposed to be just this one. 30 years later I am still at it OK i did stop for like 15 - 16 years but eventually its a general feeling that one gets used to and misses. especially if your cycle is done right and you come out of it with little sides...and plenty gains...

dont make my mistake and screw up your first cycle coz its generally the best. if only i knew back in 80s and 90s what I know now...but then c'est la vie as they say. went back to cycling in 2006...again made some mistakes but we all learn.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Before you start a cycle I'd get BW done. It's possible that you could already have low T and could benefit from TRT. If this is the case you would want to get that sorted out before doing an actual cycle. And I agree that 300mg/week isn't worth shutting down what natural T you have.

By shutting down, you mean just for the 10 weeks or so that I'm on cycle and then a few weeks of pct? Does your natty test levels come back after pct or "once you go..."

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    I'm also 44. I don't know anyone who has done just one cycle. Suggest you get some blood work to see where you are currently. Also suggest you look at eating more - much more if you cycle.

By "shut down", we mean that your body will completely stop producing testosterone on its own within a couple of weeks of starting. Hopefully, with hcg and a good AI protocol on cycle and a proper PCT, your body will again produce testosterone at pre-cycle levels within a couple of weeks of ending PCT. It may take a little longer for some. Unfortunately, some never go back to pre-cycle levels even when using all proper safeguards. That's just the way it is; and you have to figure it into your risk/benefit analysis. good luck.

Thread Information