Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fit2bOld
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Abodmen njury

middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member

Abodmen njury

Hey guys so 3 months ago was getting a tattoo and tensed my abs the whole time because the pan was intense on the neck. after that had sharp ab pan n my right abdomen and t kept getting worst till the point where haven't been able to lift for 2 months ... still lifting but very very light. docs did x rays and sad no hernia and told m to just lay off the heavy weights. Would deca and gh help m recover. cant think of anything else now . The pain flares up randomly at times .... most days if i dont put pressure on it ill b fine.

meant to spell abdomen in the title sorry
    Last edited by middleeasternmuscle; 06-17-2014 at 12:25 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    NO, you need to find out whats wrong. Maybe you caused a hernia or ripped something. AAS is not the answer

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    NO, you need to find out whats wrong. Maybe you caused a hernia or ripped something. AAS is not the answer
    went to docs several times they cant find out anything wrong

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    X-rays only show bones on tissue.
    You need a MRI
    Steroids don't repair injuries.
    NACH3 likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by middleeasternmuscle View Post
    went to docs several times they cant find out anything wrong
    Keep looking, something is wrong and you cant fix what you cant find. Wouldnt be the 1st time or the last doctors dont want to look for the problem.
    NACH3 likes this.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    X-rays only show bones on tissue.
    You need a MRI
    Steroids don't repair injuries.
    correct. Xrays only show hard matter. you have a soft tissue injury, and an Xray will not show this type of damage. CT Scan or MRI is the ticket. Get in your quacks face and demand a better diagnosis

Hmmmm ok ill ask for an mri thanks guys oh ps i did the ct scan as well

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    So...you blew your chance for gainful employment AND injured yourself in the process? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    So...you blew your chance for gainful employment AND injured yourself in the process? Wow.
    Everyone has tattoos these days buddy lol. Doctors/ nurses/ engineers ...etc invalid statement

Well went to the doctor and once again paid for a man in a suit to touch my stomach and tell me nothings wrong. Ask for an MRI .... he told me the only way they do MRI's is if you have like liver damage or internal spine bleeding or some crap I dont remember exactly what it was but it was something that will prob never happen to me. So he gave me some Vicodin and muscle relaxers.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Well went to the doctor and once again paid for a man in a suit to touch my stomach and tell me nothings wrong. Ask for an MRI .... he told me the only way they do MRI's is if you have like liver damage or internal spine bleeding or some crap I dont remember exactly what it was but it was something that will prob never happen to me. So he gave me some Vicodin and muscle relaxers.
    That's Bulls---, IMO! Dr 's don't help like they used too, only when you've already torn something or actually have a hernia!!
    I also, had this problem... After flipping my car 6x into a house( after my 3rd R shoulder Surgery) I landed in a coma for over a month and a half... Having flat lined twice... They had my stomach open for two weeks in the ICU - after I left the hospital not healed(14" scar on stomach/tracheotomy/all L ribs broken/& shattered my L heal/oh and broke my R scapula)
    But the point is I had a ventral hernia(as stated above by T.M and lovbyts, & fit2BOld - stated MRI/ CT SCAN/ but MRI w/contrast is way to go... Just keep goin to ER and tell them look I've had all these previous tests done - I WANT A MRI - you are entitled to one since I'm guessing u got INS...??
    I ended up having to get 4 other surgeries on my stomach to put this MESH( which got infected) and had to remove in the Dr 's office w/out any lical anesthetic or anything for pain!
    Just wanted to share my story as it sounds like a serious condition... Was outta training for a couple yrs due to all the surgeries!
    Grateful I'm alive but could've been avoided!!
    Good luck and keep us posted!!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    That's Bulls---, IMO! Dr 's don't help like they used too, only when you've already torn something or actually have a hernia!!
    I also, had this problem... After flipping my car 6x into a house( after my 3rd R shoulder Surgery) I landed in a coma for over a month and a half... Having flat lined twice... They had my stomach open for two weeks in the ICU - after I left the hospital not healed(14" scar on stomach/tracheotomy/all L ribs broken/& shattered my L heal/oh and broke my R scapula)
    But the point is I had a ventral hernia(as stated above by T.M and lovbyts, & fit2BOld - stated MRI/ CT SCAN/ but MRI w/contrast is way to go... Just keep goin to ER and tell them look I've had all these previous tests done - I WANT A MRI - you are entitled to one since I'm guessing u got INS...??
    I ended up having to get 4 other surgeries on my stomach to put this MESH( which got infected) and had to remove in the Dr 's office w/out any lical anesthetic or anything for pain!
    Just wanted to share my story as it sounds like a serious condition... Was outta training for a couple yrs due to all the surgeries!
    Grateful I'm alive but could've been avoided!!
    Good luck and keep us posted!!
    Yea dude it was ridiculous I waited in a chair for 5 hours to get some pain meds ..... and getting a bill in the mail smh. That sounds really horrible .... couple of years with no lifting .... but mine has no bump or bulge or anything. It was just from tensing my stomach to hard during a tattoo session than finally had to quit working out when the pain kept increasing.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I don't wish Pain on anyone-especially chronic pain... But still Acute( and yours is still considered acute! Yeah couldn't lift for like a yr after 1st R Shoulder surg... 2nd kept me out for about another yr... And the 3rd was only like 8 months after the 2nd and that kept me out until the car accident in 07 for close to 3 yrs... Thank God for my life and my second/third chances!!! But know ima Personal Trainer and have my body in great shape again. (Consistency is key obviously and I had to start from the beginning which I can now definitely live wit! Lol
    But make sure you ask fir the MRI W/contrast as they don't always use the contrast... Just another way to raise the bill (as x-rays Are 1st then shoulda been MRI NOT CT-scan ... But either could show the defect !
    What side is it on in your body?? If on R side check out your appendix bro b4 they end up bursting internally( if on R side only though)...
    Where is pain localized at??
    Their seems to be a definite problem?? Are ya on the east coast... If do go up the Rothman Indstitute it U of Penn??? Jefferson is another good one too!
    Last edited by NACH3; 06-19-2014 at 02:13 AM.

I don't wish Pain on anyone-especially chronic pain... But still Acute( and yours is still considered acute!
    But make sure you ask fir the MRI W/contrast as they don't always use the contrast... Just another way to raise the bill (as x-rays Are 1st then shoulda been MRI NOT CT-scan ... But either could show the defect !
    What side is it on in your body?? If on R side check out your appendix bro b4 they end up bursting internally( if on R side only though)...
    Where is pain localized at??
    ahhh gotcha. Yea just the right abdomen sometimes the pain is the upper ab region on sometimes on the lower ab .... not the groin area just the by the belly button. A lot of people say Its ruptured or inflammation and will heal but takes a long time to heal since your abs are using in every movement pretty much. Docs did the ct can to make sure it wasnt appendix and that came back clear. I know its muscle pain because I just took a vicodin with the muscle relaxer and the pain is all gone .

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    That's good to know... Just to be safe get second opinion bro!!! Can't hurt that's for sure and bring all pics and tests(ie; CT-Scan, and the useless X-Rays) do you don't have to go thru their protocol all over again?? Keep me posted and Goid luck!!

That's good to know... Just to be safe get second opinion bro!!! Can't hurt that's for sure and bring all pics and tests(ie; CT-Scan, and the useless X-Rays) do you don't have to go thru their protocol all over again?? Keep me posted and Goid luck!!
    Thanks bro it rally was feeling fine till yesterday when i was taking a dump and squeezed to hard and it flared up again lmao. Will do bro appreciate the help man

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    On that note while takin a sh--.... Next time and from here out put a pillow against your stomach and hold tight as ya do ur thing! Lol not laughing at ya as I had to do this myself throught all the ventral hernia repairs... Haha
    But it definitely sounds muscular but that could also weaken your abdominal area as well...
    So, to be safe tell them as I stated b4 - MRI w/contrast and let them know/or bring your recent tests(I.e; x-rays/& ur CT-SCAN w/you) so their are no discrepancies!! Good luck brotha!!

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a hernia to me. Find a new dr.

Are you aware that a hernia can become fatal?

Get that shi* checked out dude

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    Sounds like a hernia to me. Find a new dr.

Are you aware that a hernia can become fatal?

Get that shi* checked out dude
    X2 thAts why I was tellin him to get another opinion... I had all the same side effects from my ventral hernia repairs(4 of em)...
    I totally agree!

Everyone has tattoos these days buddy lol. Doctors/ nurses/ engineers ...etc invalid statement
    Not visible neck tats. Those are reserved for inmates and people with terrible judgement.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 06-19-2014 at 11:20 AM.

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Not visible neck tats. Those are reserved for inmates and people with terrible judgement.
    hahahaha, I have a visible neck tat, tribute to my brother who was killed in Afghanistan, placed there on purpose knowing I would get asked all the time what it was about. I never get sick of telling people about his sacrifice. Puts people who don’t know any better in check, its more than what we see on TV to some of us..(little off topic sorry). Also I've held a sr.management position for nearly 8 years and never has it slowed my career advancement.....terrible judgement....everyone has their own opinion on that.

Well I got down to the bottom of it and Doc says its 100% not hernia related. Its an ab tear. Said nothing I can do besides rest cause these injuries take long to heal. Im thinking of cruising on GH and a low 200 mg dose of deca to speed things up. What do you guys think. Obviously with rest and no lifting. Was thinking of doing some heavy resistance biking though to at least build up my legs

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    If the doc won't give u an MRI go to the emergency room they will do it

Quote Originally Posted by frank13 View Post
    If the doc won't give u an MRI go to the emergency room they will do it
    Yeah, and charge you like $10k for it.

Thread Information