Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 600@50
  • 1 Post By DeliriumTremens

Thread: Are steroids for me? Not a typical dumb thread.

DeliriumTremens is offline New Member

Are steroids for me? Not a typical dumb thread.

I'll try to make this concise, and relevant (not a waste of a thread/time). I see how much time is spent on the boards smacking down newbies. I promise this is not the typical "I dont work out yet but want to be superman next week" thread.

I'm 27.5 years old, 6'1", 200lbs even, ~14% bf, and have been training (right) for years. I actually trained pretty good since fr year high school doing compounds, strict form, etc. Only a few total months break since then, maybe like 6-9 months off over 13, 14 years. Diet is 70% good right now, but since I'm not training for any particular purpose other than to be in shape, I don't kill myself over macros or anything. I have the capability of dialing it in if I have to. I have a decently physical job, go to school full time, train consistently every week/month and do a good bit of cardio in the form of various rec and club sports, as well as getting around exclusively by bicycle. I feel like I have pretty to very good genetics. Thats part of my dilemma, as I don't want to ruin anything. I don't want to be massive, or freaky looking. I just want to get over the hump and truly stand out. I'm not a broscience guy. Real straightforward married guy headed towards a career in medicine (have been an EMT/ER guy for almost 10 years now). Have gone on and off creatine over the years, maybe 5-6 times, and wonder if there is something "more" out there.

Goal physique would probably be in the fitness model spectrum. I don't value people who wildly swing back and forth fitness and physique wise, and I would prefer any gains to be more long lasting than not. I realize you lose some post cycle, but you know what I am saying. I'm not trying to make any team or be seen on south beach for a month this summer. Also, I don't think I would have very much tolerance for side effects. Apparently I have nice hair to women, and I don't want to eff that up (being honest, flame away). Ditto acne (moderate predisposition for acne on body), gyno, libido issues, etc. I would obviously accept some risk but not much. I like to drink alcohol a couple of days a week. No other bad habits. Type of guy you would see at a farmers market as much as up in the club, you know?

Are steroids for me? Any other questions for me or clarifications?

Seriously, thanks in advance to all posters.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    drill into diet and nutrition. those gains are more permanent than any drug. Yes, it's a lot of work. But it is a way to make what you do have look a lot better by reducing BF%, improving muscle striation, and maybe even some vascularity.

....and there are no sides from eating correctly, except an improvement to overall well being

Whenever I have dropped fat (when following a strict diet), I tend to be much lighter than I want. Very hard to gain lean weight . I actually kinda consider my 200lb weight as sort of a compromise. I am low enough bf% to be happy but also fill out the way I like in clothes and such. I think this is a product of my genetics. I was a states level cross country runner in HS (skinny). I have always had my diet in excellent "check" but take away the 30% because I realize the commitment that comes with competition level "dialed in."

I know that sounds dubious but I am somewhat convinced of that. If you are saying do the extreme diet thing (I mean I am already at the pretty intense-looking bodybuilding level to an outsider) I am not sure if thats what I want, and then maybe I have my steroids answer. I don't want to be connected to my food scale and app on my phone forever.

*ETA added some clarifications, nothing subtracted
    Last edited by DeliriumTremens; 06-23-2014 at 03:41 PM.

VegasBody is offline Associate Member
    Post pictures
    Will tell U how good U r look

For sure i'll get it together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adog2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	151490Just now, sucked in no flexing

Name:	adog3.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	1514912 years ago, sucked in no flexing

Name:	adog4.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	1514926? years ago...flexing obviously

Not asking how "good" I look either, I just never imagined myself getting this size from the skinny dude I was. I used to work out like crazy in HS and dreamed of being muscular.

Looks like you have a big potential for natural gains still, just my 2 cents. Not going to sit here and pretend I was at my genetic potential before I cycled

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Keep hitting the gym. Anything gained on cycle would
    Be lost over time until you learn to eat and train to
    support the muscle.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like you're not 100% sure. So if you have any doubt about trying AAS I'd recommend you wait at this point. You can always cycle later. From what you said you should have plenty of room for improvement just by tightening up your diet and training.
    Juced_porkchop and btc89 like this.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Sounds like you're not 100% sure. So if you have any doubt about trying AAS I'd recommend you wait at this point. You can always cycle later. From what you said you should have plenty of room for improvement just by tightening up your diet and training.
    I totally agree with you

btc89 is offline New Member
    You're looking great now bro, but as was said, don't do it if you aren't sure. Take time and research pros and especially cons. You won't turn into a freak after just one cycle, but you most definitely will get over that " hump" and change your physique for the better.

Appreciate the advice everyone. I guess i'll stick to the ole routine for now.
    btc89 likes this.

btc89 is offline New Member
    Switch up the way you're lifting first =]
    B

Thread Information