Jb818 is offline Junior Member

Injection question

I injected my right quad today and it hurt when I put the needle in. Any explanation? Could it be the needle being dull cause I drew test and deca or could it be a build up of scar tissue?
    Thanks guys!

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    sometimes you just hit a spot with more nervs and it hurts, it happens to me from time to time, sucks, but usually if i feel it i pull out and move a lil, i pin really slow though. if your already all the way in then i guess go for it since your passed the nerve once in muscle already

I just pulled it out and put it somewhere else. Still felt a little weird but not as bad as the first place.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb818 View Post
    I injected my right quad today and it hurt when I put the needle in. Any explanation? Could it be the needle being dull cause I drew test and deca or could it be a build up of scar tissue?
    Thanks guys!
    Are you using the same needle to draw as you do to inject? I would switch the needles out. I draw with 18g, inject with 25g. Both are sterile. Best practice to avoid contamination and provides the sharpest needle possible for injections.

Scar tissue is generally not painful. It may be difficult to pass through or inject into, but it's seldom a painful area. Had you hit a nerve, you likely would have seen a small spastic reaction.

The pain could be nothing more than the trauma from the needle passing through muscle layers etc. It could also be caused by injecting the oil too quickly.

There simply are too many factors to pin point it and say it is one thing or another.

Oh yeah I gotcha. I usually do use a different needle to draw and inject I just didn't have anymore today. Thanks man

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb818 View Post
    Oh yeah I gotcha. I usually do use a different needle to draw and inject I just didn't have anymore today. Thanks man
    You're welcome.

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    Another thing is if you swab with the alcohol, you have to make sure you wait for it to dry, otherwise the alcohol cant make the shot hurt more. Their are new articles suggesting that physicians are stopping the pre - swipe.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agreed^^^^^^^^that can sting like a bastard sometimes.

Thread Information