Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By David LoPan
  • 3 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By yettibecsuse

Thread: Little surgery: what are the risks while on cycle ?

Slacker78 is offline Member

Little surgery: what are the risks while on cycle ?

Hello folks, as title, maybe i will need a little sugery for pilonidal cyst. It will be with a local anesthesia with little engravings to remove the cyst and fistulas. It's not a heavy surgery but i wonder if there are some particular risks with anesthesia, although is local.

At first glance, hormones should increase recovery i think ( increasing healing of the wounds ), so under this point of view, they could offer benefits.

But about anesthesia ? Are there any implications ?

Thank you for your suggestions.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    What is your question? You can google risks with local anesthesia

Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    What is your question? You can google risks with local anesthesia
    My question is: what are the general risks about local anesthesia while using steroids ( if there are ) ?

I guess i should know the drug used for anesthesia maybe....

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    lidocaine with epinephrine is what they will use I bet. IMO no risks
    Slacker78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    lidocaine with epinephrine is what they will use I bet. IMO no risks
    I don't know if they will do an epidural anesthesia.... regardless my problem, it could be interestering if someone who lived some surgery while on cycle, could explain its experience, even on total anesthesia. Not just for me, but for everyone, it could be useful to know risks drugs-related ( i think the drugs used for anesthesia are always the same around the world... )...

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Peri-operative anesthetic risks are not exactly known among anabolic users but such risks are mostly likely a determinant of pre-existing or the potential for cardiovascular events like myocardial ischemia and dysrhythmias. I am familiar with one case where we treated a body builder for a prolapsed disc in a surgical intervention suite. In that particular case, hemodynamic instability was an issue.

If you have access to peer reviewed published medical literature, you may find this informative:

Kam PC1, Yarrow M. (2005). Anabolic steroid abuse : physiological and anaesthetic considerations. Anaesthesia, Jul;60(7):685-92.
    Mr.BB, Slacker78 and btc89 like this.

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    I have had the surgery its not that bad, didnt have much pain after. It should be all good as long as you are healthy and fit.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Peri-operative anesthetic risks are not exactly known among anabolic users but such risks are mostly likely a determinant of pre-existing or the potential for cardiovascular events like myocardial ischemia and dysrhythmias. I am familiar with one case where we treated a body builder for a prolapsed disc in a surgical intervention suite. In that particular case, hemodynamic instability was an issue.

If you have access to peer reviewed published medical literature, you may find this informative:

Kam PC1, Yarrow M. (2005). Anabolic steroid abuse: physiological and anaesthetic considerations. Anaesthesia, Jul;60(7):685-92.
    Thank you MuscleInk. I suppose the body builder you treated, had some blood parameter altered before the surgery.... or it was all good and hemodynamic instability happened unpredictable and suddenly ? Which were the hemodynamic instabilities you faced ? A further considerations would be appreciated

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    I don't know if they will do an epidural anesthesia.... regardless my problem, it could be interestering if someone who lived some surgery while on cycle, could explain its experience, even on total anesthesia. Not just for me, but for everyone, it could be useful to know risks drugs-related ( i think the drugs used for anesthesia are always the same around the world... )...
    Bigtahl said epinephrine, not epidural. Epinephrine (adrenaline) is added to lidocaine because it causes localized vasoconstriction and keeps the lidocaine working at the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Bigtahl said epinephrine, not epidural. Epinephrine (adrenaline) is added to lidocaine because it causes localized vasoconstriction and keeps the lidocaine working at the site.
    Yes Bonaparte. i told epidural because i often heard someone tell about this type of anesthesia when treating pilonidal cyst. I know what is lidocaine and epinephrine ...

Thread Information