Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: Strongman prep advice

wcarnold2 is offline New Member

Strongman prep advice

I am new to the sport and would like some cycle advice. I have run many test only cycles and just finished up a test tren cycle. I ran 500 test e a week for 7wks and about 250 of tren a week for only about 3.5 weeks. ( tren was dirty and almost killed me) lol. Even still i had great results. Dropped a ton of fat and improved my strength at least 15-20% in every lift. Im 30 5'9" 232lbs. My bf is now around 20, according to the handheld rig. i plan to start a cycle around aug to the end of sept. My comp is the end of sept. I plan to run 500mg week test cyp with 300 tren e and 300 mast. Im thinking about kicking off with 3 wks of tren ace(while also taking the tren e) and also an oral. 10 days from comp im going to take halo 30mg a day. Any advice would be nice. I am pretty set on the tren, test, mast, but my orals and kick off is still up in the air. Thanks

Come on guys. Really no advice?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarnold2 View Post
    I am new to the sport and would like some cycle advice. I have run many test only cycles and just finished up a test tren cycle. I ran 500 test e a week for 7wks and about 250 of tren a week for only about 3.5 weeks. ( tren was dirty and almost killed me) lol. Even still i had great results. Dropped a ton of fat and improved my strength at least 15-20% in every lift. Im 30 5'9" 232lbs. My bf is now around 20, according to the handheld rig. i plan to start a cycle around aug to the end of sept. My comp is the end of sept. I plan to run 500mg week test cyp with 300 tren e and 300 mast. Im thinking about kicking off with 3 wks of tren ace(while also taking the tren e) and also an oral. 10 days from comp im going to take halo 30mg a day. Any advice would be nice. I am pretty set on the tren, test, mast, but my orals and kick off is still up in the air. Thanks
    Best thing to do is lay out the entire cycle, doses, and ancillaries and PCT if you want advice. The proposal in it's current format is chaotic and I see no reason why you would run halo for pre comp. Also, you say your bf is around 20%. Really? This is no where near competition form IMO and you have a lot of training and nutrition that needs to be aligned if you are going to bring that bf into single digit respectable, competition numbers. The gear isn't going to do it for you. Is this your first comp?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    u would do well to drop as much bf as possible before you cycle. Yes this more of a bodybuilder approach and the idea that while on cycle u r going to gain some fat while bulking is acceptable bcuz u would b at a lower bf. 20%is in the high range and i bet u could lose a pretty decent amount of bf without affecting ur lifts. As Muscleink stated try to layout your cycle in a better format so it can be critiqued better.

I am not going to have a pct because i am on test year round. My body makes about as much as an 80 yr old man. If you think 20 % is high u probably havent been to a strongman event. I am also leaning on the results of a handheld device that is designed for soccermoms. Am i lean, no. Am i obease, no. I lift with trainers and they think the machine is inaccurate and i am closer to 17-18. I just use that number to be honest. If i run an oral i am going to have liver support. I am thinking of using halo at the end of the cycle to do nothing more than give me a strength boost without retaining a lot of water. I have to be strong, not just look strong. As far as the tren test and mast go i am keeping the disages low because i am still new to this and i feel as if morr would be wasted. I want to kick off with tren ace so i can have active tren in my system sooner than 3-5 wks.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I'm a big fan of Met-Rex Strongman competitions. It seems that the competitors who place the highest have a good balance between strength, cardio, and size. I think you might be better off using tren a for the entire cycle. This way you can dial in the dosage that gives you the strength that you're looking for wile minimizing the diminished cardiovascular effect. Maybe begin with a low amount and increase over the cycle to find your optimal dosage. You can be the strongest guy in the competition but if you run out of gas before the end of the event then you wont place well.
    wcarnold2 likes this.

Thank u for the constructive advice numbere. I think that tren ace is a good idea. Thanks also for understanding that i am not bodybuilding. I agree about the cardio. I am not the strongest guy but im gonna be competitive because my cardio is good.

Thread Information