Zedded is offline Junior Member

Anavar and Beginners (please read)

I'm 18, and did something really stupid... 4 weeks ago I decided to get into AAS I had "thought" I did a lot of research on different AAS and whats good and whats bad etc. anyways I had found the "amazing" Anavar or Oxandrolone, read about how it was "safe" and little too no sides, and how it hardly effects natural test the same bullshit I am sure you all have heard before. Well I purchased some Oxandrolone 10mg tablets to set me up for about 6 weeks at 40mg ed and I also bought some clomid "just to be safe." Well 2 weeks into taking 40mg ed I said to myself "well this isn't working very well" (besides the pumps and a little gains) and I upped my dosage to 50mg ed. A week into 50mg ed this being the 3rd week on "anavar" I woke up in the middle of the night dripping in sweat, my heart was beating out of my chest, my chest was tight, and I had shortness of breath it was absolutely terrifying. The next morning I went to the doc, I told him the whole story and he checked all my vital signs and took some blood work. My vital signs were all normal but he recommended that I go to an urgent care and get a chest x-ray. At the urgent care they checked my vital signs again and took an EKG everything checked out normal and they decided that the chest x-ray was unnecessary, I was diagnosed with pathological anxiety. A day later the doc called with my bloodwork, my testosterone was at 44 (yes... forty ****ing four) to give you an idea of how low that is, 250 is considered very low and in need of TRT. Also my lipids were insane my cholesterol was 248 versus being 138 my previous physical off of any kind of AAS. I began to read about how sources sometimes substitute another anabolic called Winstrol for Anavar because its cheaper and that my dose was certainly too high and also I am extremely intolerant to anything. The point is to never put something in your body that you don't know what it is. The good news which is sort of bad news out of all of this is that my doc realized through my hormone testing that I could have hypogonadism or a hormone deficiency of some kind and just worsened it with the anavar or winstrol. Most likely I will have to pin my self with test or HGH now... The point of all this is to educate the community, the teens in particular to really think about what you are doing and never put something in your body that you don't know what it is... for all I know the "anavar" could of been rat poison... and yes I know exactly how you feel, you want quick gains but their really isn't anyway around hard work. I have f'ked myself up so badly now that I may have to cruise on a low dose of test for awhile just to be normal again. So just make sure you put serious thought into whatever it is you are putting it into your body, know the consequences, and remember less is always more.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Here are two must reads for people that are young and thinking of doing a cycle like yours
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-steroids.html
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...all-costs.html

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    There is a LOT of misinformation out there with respect to VAR. I've read where VAR does NOT shut you down (untrue). At lower doses, it will partially shut down natty test production, and at higher doses, it will fully shut down natty test production.

VAR is an anabolic androgenic steroid . All AAS will shut you down!

Zedded, thank you for your honesty and input.

---Roman

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Hopefully you get a restart protocol going and not start cruising TRT dose at your age.

Be well Zedded, keep us updated

PRODIJ is offline Junior Member
    haha got the same feeling I was gonna die around 4th week on anavar when I didn't knew much about aas. I really thought I was gonna die.

xjbone is offline New Member
    Good post Zedded, thanks for sharing. I hope everything works out for you.

Hope you get yourself straitened out, it's an unfortunate situation

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Do your pct. What have you got planned?

Next time, listen to the advice you are given by members of this board. You had at least 2 threads where you were urged not to do this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

jesse4466 is offline Member
    I didn't realize pct was needed for anavar . For me even 100mg doesn't do too much but harden the muscle.

VegasBody is offline Associate Member
    Do pct give it 6-8 weeks then do blood work
    U should be back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    There is a LOT of misinformation out there with respect to VAR. I've read where VAR does NOT shut you down (untrue). At lower doses, it will partially shut down natty test production, and at higher doses, it will fully shut down natty test production.

VAR is an anabolic androgenic steroid . All AAS will shut you down!

Zedded, thank you for your honesty and input.

---Roman
    Yes this is another misconception that people need to understand all AAS shut you down

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    Hopefully you get a restart protocol going and not start cruising TRT dose at your age.

Be well Zedded, keep us updated
    will be seeing the doc soon again ill keep you guys updated

Quote Originally Posted by PRODIJ View Post
    haha got the same feeling I was gonna die around 4th week on anavar when I didn't knew much about aas. I really thought I was gonna die.
    it really is terrifying. did you have similiar symptoms of the shortness of breath? how long til it all went away?

Quote Originally Posted by xjbone View Post
    Good post Zedded, thanks for sharing. I hope everything works out for you.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sixfootseven View Post
    Hope you get yourself straitened out, it's an unfortunate situation
    thanks, yeah it really is but its my fault and I have to deal with the consequences. I just don't want anyone else too have to go through something like I experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Do your pct. What have you got planned?

Next time, listen to the advice you are given by members of this board. You had at least 2 threads where you were urged not to do this.
    will do, i was actually so terrified and started to question my source so i threw out the rest of everything they gave me. i only got 2 days of clomid in at 50mg. still feeling like shit and potential hormone deficiency/hypogonadism

Quote Originally Posted by jesse4466 View Post
    I didn't realize pct was needed for anavar. For me even 100mg doesn't do too much but harden the muscle.
    all AAS shut you down and 100mg is a high dosage

Quote Originally Posted by VegasBody View Post
    Do pct give it 6-8 weeks then do blood work
    U should be back to normal
    im not going to take anything else. just eating right and continuing to train til the var is out of my system and than meeting with the doc again in about a week or 2

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    The theory that VAR does not shut you down is based upon dosage. A medicinal dose of Var is no where near 50 mg a day (OPs second issue)and the research that states it will not shut you down is 5 mg / day max @ 6 weeks (and it will not shut you down at that dose over that time).

All AAS used outside of prescribed medicinal guideline dosages need a test base or you are asking for issues (OP first issue).

And PS:

What were your expectations with 8x recomended dosage of this substance. Did you have no idea that it would impact CHO, blood pressure, RBC, etc?
    Last edited by Chicagotarsier; 06-23-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedded View Post
    all AAS shut you down and 100mg is a high dosage
    Not going to start a fight over it but this is a very general statement that needs added "if taken long enough".

100 mg of test P a week will shut you down in 2 weeks.
    Androil 40 pills do not touch your HPTA (at correct doses) for over 5 months.
    You have to understand the substance you are taking and use that knowledge. The OP only heard "great gains and safe" which goes for any AAs if used properly. The OP shoveled crap in his mouth and now thinks Anavar is horrible....which is completely wrong.

You should run a pct. Don't do anything your doc says without referring back here first.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Suprisingly my blood pressure and vital signs were all normal as i stated in my originial post. i just got panic attacks from the var for whatever reason. and no i don't think var is a horrible drug now i just think its stupid to run at a high dosage/without test

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You should run a pct. Don't do anything your doc says without referring back here first.
    pretty sure my source was shit so got rid of my pct, naturally i feel like im bouncing back. i haven't lost any weight and my libido is back

There are other places to buy your PCT like the Ar-r banner at the top of the page. Why take the risk at 18 by not doing it?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information