brayness is offline New Member

Test E PCT and AI

I'm 28 and my wife and daughter were both killed in a car accident 11 months ago. Lifting has been the only thing keeping me alive. I've felt I have nothing to live for and have had constant suicidal thoughts but have kept pushing through. But lifting is my release. I have been lifting for about 4 years now naturally and have become fairly strong, but the gains have slowed greatly and I just need to feel and see more progress. The lack of progress just makes me more depressed for whatever reason, gains make me happy. Anyway, I have done a lot of research the last few weeks and read 3 books about anabolics and androgens and such, and I decided I am going to do a cycle of Testosterone Enanthate . Just a light recommended starting dose of 250mg twice a week (500mg/week). I want to know which PCT is best to maintain the gains from the cycle, and when and for how long it should be taken and at what dosage. I also want to take an aromatase inhibitor during the cycle to help combat some of the estrogen related side effects. Which AI is best for a Test E cycle? And at what dosage?

I just want to start with a short 5 week cycle and see what happens and how my body responds. If it responds negatively obviously I will find an alternative that my body responds better to. I know steroids are not the best thing for the body, I am well aware. I am making this choice and it is my final decision, being full-aware of the possible side effects and health risks. I just don't feel like I have much to live for other than this right now. Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here you go..

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

I would recommend more than 5 weeks for any cycle of test.

Alright, I bought enough for about 12 weeks. Thanks

10-12 weeks sounds much better. You wouldn't start seeing results until a few weeks into the cycle anyway. That length of a cycle, assuming you take all of the ancillaries, will not pose a big risk of permanently damagaing your endocrine system in any way.

If you have been checked out by a doc and had bloodwork done then you should know if test will harm you. Just make sure your body fat is low, have no serious heart problems, and a decent liver. It will raise your cholesterol a little also so if that is high I would take care of that first.

Just make sure you have a decent base to start with. Four years is enough time to build that but then again not everyone is gifted with common sense. Also, if you have pubertal gyno I would take care of that first. If you want to post stats we could critique your muscle base constructively.

I'm 6'1" 193 at about 12% bodyfat. No gyno, no heart problems, low cholesterol, healthy liver.

Sounds like a good base to me. As far as AIs goes I prefer Arimidex (Anastrazole) because it doesn't come with the added risk associated with the potency of Letro. Most of the common AIs you read about on here will do as long as you dose the perspective compound accordingly. Me, personally, have never had any side effects from any of them aside from the way it affects my estrogen as intended.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you've been pointed in the right direction cycle wise.

May I suggest another route? I think it's great that you've found something to help you deal with what life has given you. Science backs exercise being fantastic for mood. With that said, are you seeing someone to help? Grieving is absolutely normal, healthy, and damn well expected. But if you're having suicidal thoughts, perhaps you should seek help for that before jumping on AAS. I don't mean to pry into your personal life, and don't mean to visit your intentions, but AAS might make things worse. Depression while coming off of AAS during PCT is a common side affect; I'd hate to see you get worse while trying to get better. I see a clinical counselor weekly to help deal with some of the stuff I deal with at work, and none of it comes close to what you're going through. Regardless of your choice, stick around. There's a lot more to learn here than just how to use steroids that can kick your training up a notch!!!

BSV

I feel insensitive for not saying something about your emotional troubles in the beginning. Victoria is right and there is no shame in seeking help for mental problems. For years I put off mine and when I finally opened my mind up to getting help it worked wonders. Being able to talk to a stranger with minimal judgment being passed is a nice luxury. I go frequently and have an appointment this Monday as a matter of fact. The gym is amazing for the mood but there is nothing like just talking about things either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    It sounds like you've been pointed in the right direction cycle wise.

May I suggest another route? I think it's great that you've found something to help you deal with what life has given you. Science backs exercise being fantastic for mood. With that said, are you seeing someone to help? Grieving is absolutely normal, healthy, and damn well expected. But if you're having suicidal thoughts, perhaps you should seek help for that before jumping on AAS. I don't mean to pry into your personal life, and don't mean to visit your intentions, but AAS might make things worse. Depression while coming off of AAS during PCT is a common side affect; I'd hate to see you get worse while trying to get better. I see a clinical counselor weekly to help deal with some of the stuff I deal with at work, and none of it comes close to what you're going through. Regardless of your choice, stick around. There's a lot more to learn here than just how to use steroids that can kick your training up a notch!!!

BSV
    I'm in the military and I was nearly discharged because of the depression and when I admitted I was having suicidal thoughts, it kind of backfired and I felt like they just wanted to get rid of my and any liability associated with me.. it was awful. But yes, I have been seeing a professional for it. He thought I might want to try prescription antidepressants but I declined. I've read that test increases your sense of well-being and happiness, I hope it's true. I hope my PCT won't cause worse depression like you say, I'll hope for the best. I appreciate the help man. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    I feel insensitive for not saying something about your emotional troubles in the beginning. Victoria is right and there is no shame in seeking help for mental problems. For years I put off mine and when I finally opened my mind up to getting help it worked wonders. Being able to talk to a stranger with minimal judgment being passed is a nice luxury. I go frequently and have an appointment this Monday as a matter of fact. The gym is amazing for the mood but there is nothing like just talking about things either.
    I can completely agree with that. An agressive gym session is great, but nothing quite compares to taking a load off and just spilling your guts to someone who just wants to hear your problems and help you. I'm still fighting a discharge from the army but I'm pretty sure they are not going to successfully discharge me as long as I make an effort to stay in. I see my therapist once every two weeks, might start seeing him every week though to help.

O-town Beef is offline Junior Member
    Cycle aside,which does look good, all the best to you my freind. We are thinking about you and appreciate your sacrifice. As was said above, do be aware of the post PCT blues, as I am just coming out of a depression after running a 5 week oral cycle( which will not happen again.) peace

Quote Originally Posted by O-town Beef View Post
    Cycle aside,which does look good, all the best to you my freind. We are thinking about you and appreciate your sacrifice. As was said above, do be aware of the post PCT blues, as I am just coming out of a depression after running a 5 week oral cycle( which will not happen again.) peace
    Thank you, I appreciate that. I hope everything gets better for you.

Thread Information