SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member

Mid Cycle, Take a week off?

I was tire flipping sunday of last week, hurt something with calf tied into hamstring, finished what I was doing anyways, then wednesday I did 425x5 on deadlift, despite it hurting really bad, ended up aggravating both glutes, so this last sunday when I went to deadlift I couldn't even get through my warm up and I stopped.

Supposed to give it a go again tonight, but tempted to just bag todays and thursdays lifting days and go on my little lake trip and lift again when I get back. I never falter, but I feel like this might be best.

Currently on low dose test, npp, and low tren a. Meant to be an aggressive recomp, but so far I haven't even gotten to the aggressive point with it. My lifts are finally getting heavy again, almost up to they were when I was at my heaviest, so I am feeling a bit beat up now at my current frequency and intensity. I start with a 3-5 rep max in a lift for a single set, then move on to mostly 10 rep stuff with 1 minute of rest, 20-25 sets, upper then lower eod. Need to change something, could pull out some sets, or switch to push/pull/legs eod, or stop doing the 5 rep max which I move up 10 lbs every session basically or alternate times I do it. Diet is alternating high and low calorie days. cardio on non lift days, and as the recomp went on would be increasing cardio and decreasing calories this day.

So is this a terrible idea to take a week off? I think something is wrong with me, mainly my muscles feel partially cramped all the time. I know I have thyroid issues and doctor offered me armor thyroid, but not sure if that is the cause, and not ready to jump on that. Also taking lots of iron because of absorption issues. I started taking a lot of magnesium thinking it could help with the muscle crampy stiffness but a couple weeks of that and no relief.

I've also been falling asleep at work, almost every morning when I get there, and sometimes mid afternoon, tren doesn't give me insomnia if anything it feels like it makes me need more sleep, but I started getting more tired before i started the tren so likely not it.

I just feel like it would be such a waste to take a week off, especially since first week of august I have an over week long trip that I won't be lifting.

tectime is offline Member
    Rest might be just what you need ! Not knowing your personal life but just saying sometimes on cycle we can get alittle stressed. I know during a high hard 12 wk run about half way thru I felt run down and for me that's just not right. And I hate to take any days from the gym I feel like I'm slacking! hahaha! But I took a wk down stayed true to my food intake and just kicked. Hit the gym the next Monday like a monster!!!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Well, up to you man

This is why I have stopped all the strong man shit. I deadlift 315 Max & squat the same

I increased all of my reps to nearly double. From talking to the old school juicers - they all agree, growth happens from constant strain over time

I never max out or focus on super heavy weight. For me, there's just no point

So far, it has been working out quite well. I seem to be stronger & have way less pains all over the place.

Just my .02

Pain factor for sure is less when not popping the heavy! I still need the heavy to remind me I'm alive! Hahaha! No for real going balls out every time is tough especially for us old dudes! Hahaha! But when you're body says rest dude it's rest time! it's all for the end results and every now and then a break works out for the best!

Now if alittle rest doesn't help then maybe look and see if you are deficient any essential nutrients. You said you are iron rich and that you feel that your diet is where if should be, so how's the rest ? Charge the ol batts get ready to if if again ! And again And again ! Hahaha!

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Keep pushing yourself and your going to really injury yourself. Go light and work on form. Make sure you are stretching AFTER your workout. What is you cycle history. I would not train your injured areas but keep up the other body parts. You should listen to your body. With tren its easy to injure yourself.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Went to bed extra early last night, still woke up feeling like garbage. Can barely stand cause calves so stiff, might start sleeping with my braces that stretch the calf.
    I'm definitely taking this whole week off at this point.
    I meant to say I am iron poor and have been taking iron supplements as per doctors request.
    A 5 rep max isn't something really super heavy, And I like how even then it is enough to keep efficiency so that you can perform heavy lifts. Not to mention that extra strength on those movements translates into higher reps with lighter weights. I mean I can do 225x25 on the bench press full touch and lock out mid way through a session. But the weights are finally creeping up enough to make things harder, did bench 365x4 last time, so the next I would shoot for 5 reps before increasing the weight, I have always wanted to do 405x5. I might reset the weight down to 315x5, but change them to proper comp form pause benches. Any ideas how to make deadlift harder so I can drop a ton of weight? I guess it already is harder because of my situation, I deadlifted 365x1 warming up this week and could seriously feel it. When mid 300s on DL is hard I know something isn't right. But you gotta look at it too, it is just 1 set I do that is heavy, the rest are 10 reps or more basically.
    Cycle history, about 18 months ago I did my first blast, test cyp 600mg a week. End of last year I added in some prop to my trt protocol, never felt anything from it, seemed fake, but could have just been severely underdosed or else my body processes it too fast. I had a really mild cycle where I was cutting with 30 mg winstrol , trt test, and 300 mg npp. And now my current cycle.

Right now I take .3 mg ai twice a week, .25 mg caber twice a week. HCG of course. I was taking more ai but it just felt like too much, I am almost debating dropping it entirely, I perform better with higher e2 usually. I also don't get the huge libido with steroids people talk about, maybe it is dose dependent and I just haven't gone crazy with doses yet.

Thread Information