Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier

Thread: First ever injection completed - need advice

raw bslaya is offline Junior Member

First ever injection completed - need advice

I am a noob and just did my first ever injection of 250mg test e tonight. I was very nervous.. the biggest needles I could purchase were 25ga. It took around 45 secs to draw 1ml from the vial. I then backloaded an ultrafine 31ga 1/4" slin pin.

I have a few concerns:

-It was very difficult to get ALL of the air out of the slin pin prior to injecting. I lost atleast 0.2mL of T attempting to push out the air from the syringe.. not to mention oil seemed to leak from the needle without applying pressure to the plunger..

-I am very lean ~8-9% bf, however, I am not sure the slin pin is long enough to inject IM. The only ones I can get in my area are the 1mL ultrafine 31ga 1/4" (6mm). I know of people using the 8mm (5/16") slin pins but not sure how much of a difference 2mm will make (sorry for the units, I'm Canadian). I injected in to my quad where there is little fat between the skin and muscle. It took at least a minute to empty the barrel and then I left the needle in for a few seconds to prevent leakage. I then took 0.5mg A-dex orally post-injection.

All-in-all I am still kind of shaky, I was fumbling quite a bit while loading up the rig, as I was worried about wasting T, shooting an air bubble, etc. How can I minimize the amount of product I waste and what are your thoughts on the type of syringe/method used? Any insight/constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by raw bslaya; 07-07-2014 at 10:41 PM.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raw bslaya View Post
    I am a noob and just did my first ever injection of 250mg test e tonight. I was very nervous.. the biggest needles I could purchase were 25ga. It took around 45 secs to draw 1ml from the vial. I then backloaded an ultrafine 31ga 1/4" slin pin.

I have a few concerns:

-It was very difficult to get ALL of the air out of the slin pin prior to injecting. I lost atleast 0.2mL of T attempting to push out the air from the syringe.. not to mention oil seemed to leak from the needle without applying pressure to the plunger..

-I am very lean ~8-9% bf, however, I am not sure the slin pin is long enough to inject IM. The only ones I can get in my area are the 1mL ultrafine 31ga 1/4" (6mm). I know of people using the 8mm slin pins but not sure how much of a difference 2mm will make. I injected in to my quad where there is little fat between the skin and muscle. It took at least a minute to empty the barrel and then I left the needle in for a few seconds to prevent leakage.I then took 0.5mg A-dex orally post injection.

All-in-all I am still kind of shaky, I was fumbling quite a bit while loading up the rig, as I was worried about wasting T, shooting an air bubble, etc. How can I minimize the amount of product I waste and what are your thoughts on the type of syringe/method used? Any insight/constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.
    Get a longer needle. Draw with 18g, inject with 25g, 1 to 1 1/5 inch. The deeper the injectiin, the better.

What dose and volume did you inject.

I drew 1mL test from a 10mL vial (250mg/cc). I went to the pharmacy but the largest needle they had was 20ga and they only had 1.. the only bulk needles I could purchase were 25ga. What about drawing and injecting with the same 25ga needle?

I drew 1mL test from a 10mL vial (250mg/cc). I went to the pharmacy but the largest needle they had was 20ga and they only had 1.. the only bulk needles I could purchase were 25ga. What about drawing and injecting with the same 25ga needle?
    So many places sell needles and syringes. Biggest source is online. Our board sponsor (Arr.com) carries a range of supplies as do many online retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    So many places sell needles and syringes. Biggest source is online. Our board sponsor (Arr.com) carries a range of supplies as do many online retailers.
    My only problem with ordering online is that, right now I still live with my parents during the summer months and I would be worried about them coming across one of my packages.

Also, should I store the used vial in a refrigerator or is it safe at room temperature?

My only problem with ordering online is that, right now I still live with my parents during the summer months and I would be worried about them coming across one of my packages.
    Well the gear should be injected deep in the fascia but I certainly can't encourage lying to your parents. Let's hope your cycle is done correctly because it will be harder to hide health problems from them!

Well the gear should be injected deep in the fascia but I certainly can't encourage lying to your parents. Let's hope your cycle is done correctly because it will be harder to hide health problems from them!
    I have spent months and months doing research and reading. Not being able to purchase the syringes I wanted completely threw me off tonight and loading up the rig didn't go as smooth as I had expected.. I was a bit nervous being a first timer and didn't want to screw up. I have heard of people pinning test e sub q, do you think my shot still got the job done or did I waste 250mg?

I have spent months and months doing research and reading. Not being able to purchase the syringes I wanted completely threw me off tonight and loading up the rig didn't go as smooth as I had expected.. I was a bit nervous being a first timer and didn't want to screw up. I have heard of people pinning test e sub q, do you think my shot still got the job done or did I waste 250mg?
    Not the best idea to pin 250mg SQ especially if you're pinning 2-3 times.

Honestly, if you can't run the cycle correctly, you're better of postponing this until you're out from under your parents' roof. You start cutting corners, the price you pay could be unpleasant.
    NACH3 likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    OKing illegal drugs is cool...lieing to parents...going to hell
    992Envy likes this.

992Envy is offline Junior Member
    Order online, supplies come in very generic package.

Deequarius is offline Associate Member
    Definitely order online. I'd stay away from healthwearhouse if you can help it. Good prices but they ****ed up my order and sold me and my friend stuff they didn't have in stock and it took a month to get it. And I personally recommend a 23g needle. Draws well and absolutely no pain.

Quite a bit of pain in my quad this morning near the injection site. No visible redness or inflammation but it is sore as hell..

Red Bastard is offline Member

-It was very difficult to get ALL of the air out of the slin pin...
    Don't waste your time, or test, doing this. No problem to inject a bit of air, whether it be IM, or sub Q. It's only an issue if it's into a vein, and at higher volumes then you'd imagine. I always chase my injects with up to 3/10 th of a cc of air, to push the oil out and in...

I then took 0.5mg A-dex orally post-injection.
    I understand the gyno/estro worry, but this dose is most likely too high...

Quite a bit of pain in my quad this morning near the injection site. No visible redness or inflammation but it is sore as hell..
    Very normal, especially for a first time.

Also: -do not store your test in the fridge! It will crash, and need to be reheated.

- you're Canadian? Get your ass down to Shoppers drug mart, Pharmasave, or any drug store, and buy some proper needles! There should be no questions asked, as they're perfectly legal. 23g to draw, 25g to inject. 1" is a decent all purpose length...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bastard View Post
    Very normal, especially for a first time.

Also: -do not store your test in the fridge! It will crash, and need to be reheated.

- you're Canadian? Get your ass down to Shoppers drug mart, Pharmasave, or any drug store, and buy some proper needles! There should be no questions asked, as they're perfectly legal. 23g to draw, 25g to inject. 1" is a decent all purpose length...
    I went to shoppers, however, they only had a few 20g rigs and a lot of 25g. The boys in my area backload 29ga 3/4" slin pins but I could only find 31ga.. I'll have to try some other pharmacies. I hate going in and asking for syringes, I always feel like they know lol

What are the risks of running arimidex at 0.5mg EOD?
    Last edited by raw bslaya; 07-08-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    If you live with your parents, how old are you?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I went to shoppers, however, they only had a few 20g rigs and a lot of 25g. The boys in my area backload 29ga 3/4" slin pins but I could only find 31ga.. I'll have to try some other pharmacies. I hate going in and asking for syringes, I always feel like they know lol

Forget the slin pins. Fine for small TRT doses not appropriate for a cycle. Cutting corners is simply wasting your cycle. Best to follow the advice of men doing this longer if you desire the results they've obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    If you live with your parents, how old are you?
    Wondered this from the beginning. Likely too young to be messing with his HTPA and certainly can't do it properly sneaking around behind his parents.

Like I said, if he runs into any major health problems or ends up in the hospital from an infection, pretty sure his parents will be pissed he deceived them and took unnecessary risks.

Wondered this from the beginning. Likely too young to be messing with his HTPA and certainly can't do it properly sneaking around behind his parents.

Like I said, if he runs into any major health problems or ends up in the hospital from an infection, pretty sure his parents will be pissed he deceived them and took unnecessary risks.
    I'm turning 24, I know I should wait a few more years but I want to do a show in November. I live with my parents during the summer, as I work in the same city they reside in. During the rest of the year I have an apartment in a different city.

I'm turning 24, I know I should wait a few more years but I want to do a show in November. I live with my parents during the summer, as I work in the same city they reside in. During the rest of the year I have an apartment in a different city.
    Doing a show in November is a great goal but you'd need to be starting from an exceptional base. That may be the case, but getting on stage requires a great deal of committment to training and nutrition long before steroids .

Great goal to strive for to be sure!

Doing a show in November is a great goal but you'd need to be starting from an exceptional base. That may be the case, but getting on stage requires a great deal of committment to training and nutrition long before steroids .

Great goal to strive for to be sure!
    My friend is also competing in the show and had been encouraging me. He is doing a test/tren cycle, I was too scared to cycle tren as this is my first time doing AAS. We both have a coach and while he didn't encourage it, he supported my decision.

Right now my cycle looks like this:

10 weeks
    -250mg Test e 2x per week (Mon, Thurs)
    -0.5mg Arimidex EOD until last test shot

PCT:
    Ralox at 60mg ED for 4 weeks
    Clomid at 50mg ED for 4 weeks

Now, I have 8000IU HCG on hand. I plan to run this on cycle up until a few days before PCT. I am unsure when to start my HCG injections (250iu 2x per week). I was told I could start them immediately after my first shot but running HCG for 10 weeks could potentially cause desensitization in the testes??
    Last edited by raw bslaya; 07-08-2014 at 04:17 PM.

enzo729 is offline New Member
    I'm no pro but from my understanding from reading around here and what I'm doing is injecting the HCG along with my Test E. Also, not sure about desensitizing but HCG is supposed to replicate LH, which tells your nuts to create testosterone . I believe it's to make your recovery during PCT much smoother.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. Still a newbie at this.

To be truthful about the HCG, I might just start using an insulin pin and inject into the stomach flab. For some odd reason I think I prefer to keep things separate as I've gotten some serious virgin PIP and kinda figure the less volume of liquid going in would reduce it.
    Last edited by enzo729; 07-08-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo729 View Post
    I'm no pro but from my understanding from reading around here and what I'm doing is injecting the HCG along with my Test E. Also, not sure about desensitizing but HCG is supposed to replicate LH, which tells your nuts to create testosterone . I believe it's to make your recovery during PCT much smoother.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. Still a newbie at this.
    You are correct, however, there are different strategies that aim to make PCT smoother. I am wondering how long I could run HCG at 500iu/wk without over stimulating the testes.

Who cares if they know? Man up! Try a different pharmacy...

.5mg eod is double the typical dose, so, you could easily crash your estrogen. Everyone is different though, so blood tests are the only true test.. An issue, here in Canada, unfortunately. Go down to .25 eod, until you at least start to notice some of the high E symptoms...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bastard View Post
    Who cares if they know? Man up! Try a different pharmacy...

.5mg eod is double the typical dose, so, you could easily crash your estrogen. Everyone is different though, so blood tests are the only true test.. An issue, here in Canada, unfortunately. Go down to .25 eod, until you at least start to notice some of the high E symptoms...
    Ok I am going to try again tomorrow. And I will lower the dosage to .25mg EOD and see how that works. I am mostly worried about PCT and the crash so I want to ensure I run HCG and AI on cycle to make the ride smoother.

There is a growing red circle around the injection site, it was smaller last night andit's been 36 hours since I pinned. Could it be the oil moving around on top of the muscle since my syringe was too short? Weirdly enough it's seems to be less painful than yesterday, should I be worried at all?

miller1085 is offline New Member
    I use a 1" 18g to draw and a 1" 25g to pin. I'm on week 7 of test e and I can say that I get the muscle pain for about two days, I wanna say it's not as bad as it was. But I'm also not tens anymore, I keep the muscle completely relaxed. When I ordered my stuff online it came in 2-3 weeks, I got 100 if everything. And the HCG I pin in my belly fat ( three fingers away from belly button) just wait and get the right stuff, is there a friends house you can ship it to that doesn't have parents to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by miller1085 View Post
    I use a 1" 18g to draw and a 1" 25g to pin. I'm on week 7 of test e and I can say that I get the muscle pain for about two days, I wanna say it's not as bad as it was. But I'm also not tens anymore, I keep the muscle completely relaxed. When I ordered my stuff online it came in 2-3 weeks, I got 100 if everything. And the HCG I pin in my belly fat ( three fingers away from belly button) just wait and get the right stuff, is there a friends house you can ship it to that doesn't have parents to worry about?
    I might be able to but I might try the shot with the 25ga that I have, where's a good place to pin? My next shot is tonight.

Thread Information