Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By michael30

Thread: Good quality steroids but no results

straight_jack is offline New Member

Good quality steroids but no results

Hi,

I am 30 years old and recently did my first steroid cycle. During my 8 week cycle, I did 250mg of testosterone enanthate , 2 times per week. I got a blood test before starting my cycle. It showed that my ''total testosterone '' was at 15 nmol/L (4.33 ng/ml).

Around 4 weeks into my cycle, I did another blood test to confirm the product I was using was real testosterone. The blood test showed that my total testosterone was now at 34 nmol/L (9.81 ng/ml). That is more than 2 times what I had.

Despite the huge increase in my testosterone, I didn't notice much of a difference. No increase in energy, pump in the gym or libido. I did gain about 5-6 pounds of muscle and my strength increased a little bit. However, I'm pretty sure those gains came from being serious in the gym and following a strict diet. I have made similar gains when I was natural.

Do you think I'm just a bad responder to steroids ?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by straight_jack View Post
    Hi,

I am 30 years old and recently did my first steroid cycle. During my 8 week cycle, I did 250mg of testosterone enanthate , 2 times per week. I got a blood test before starting my cycle. It showed that my ''total testosterone '' was at 15 nmol/L (4.33 ng/ml).

Around 4 weeks into my cycle, I did another blood test to confirm the product I was using was real testosterone. The blood test showed that my total testosterone was now at 34 nmol/L (9.81 ng/ml). That is more than 2 times what I had.

Despite the huge increase in my testosterone, I didn't notice much of a difference. No increase in energy, pump in the gym or libido. I did gain about 5-6 pounds of muscle and my strength increased a little bit. However, I'm pretty sure those gains came from being serious in the gym and following a strict diet. I have made similar gains when I was natural.

Do you think I'm just a bad responder to steroids?
    What AI did you run and dose? Uncontrolled serum E2 can limit gains, effect libido, and more.

How many calories above your TDEE did you consume daily and what was the macro breakdown?

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    If 500 mg only doubled your test it is very possible your test e was SEVERELY underdosed. 160 mg/week takes me to 2x top end normal range. You should have been seeing much higher levels of test in your results. And no being a poor responder would not result in lowering your tested test level.

Test is test is test. Measuring test in your blood is measuring test in your blood. If you pin it is going to raise you just like it would anyone else. If you do not respond to test being in your system that is another thing but from your labs you did not get the real deal in your oil. My 2 cents.

Also for future reference 8 week cycles are short cycles. Test E kicks in at week 3-4. You wasted half your cycle time in ramp up mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    What AI did you run and dose? Uncontrolled serum E2 can limit gains, effect libido, and more.

How many calories above your TDEE did you consume daily and what was the macro breakdown?
    I am not taking any AI for the moment. I decided I wouldn't take any AI unless I started to experience negative symptoms (ei: Gyno).

My TDEE is about 3000 calories and I am now consuming about 3500 calories. Here is my breakdown of my macros:

50% : Carbs
    30%: Protein
    20%: Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    If 500 mg only doubled your test it is very possible your test e was SEVERELY underdosed. 160 mg/week takes me to 2x top end normal range. You should have been seeing much higher levels of test in your results. And no being a poor responder would not result in lowering your tested test level.

Test is test is test. Measuring test in your blood is measuring test in your blood. If you pin it is going to raise you just like it would anyone else. If you do not respond to test being in your system that is another thing but from your labs you did not get the real deal in your oil. My 2 cents.

Also for future reference 8 week cycles are short cycles. Test E kicks in at week 3-4. You wasted half your cycle time in ramp up mode.
    Thank you for your interesting input.

You are saying that with only 160mg/week takes you 2x your normal range? That is impressive. You must have some real good quality testosterone . Are you on TRT by any chance?

As for the length of my cycle, I've read in many places that 8 weeks was a good length because it is long enough to get results but short enough to avoid too many negative side effects. How long are your cycles?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You really should have done 12 weeks and as said it sounds like your test was very under doses if your test levels only doubled. They should have been 5x normal. Also next time when you do your 2nd set of blood work 4 weeks in get a sensitive E2 test done.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    You really should have done 12 weeks and as said it sounds like your test was very under doses if your test levels only doubled. They should have been 5x normal. Also next time when you do your 2nd set of blood work 4 weeks in get a sensitive E2 test done.
    Why do you suggest doing a sensitive E2 test?

Quote Originally Posted by straight_jack View Post

Why do you suggest doing a sensitive E2 test?
    So you know where your serum estrogen is at. High levels of serum estrogen not only cause lethargy, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, myalgia, and arthralgia, it is a significant risk factor for blood clots, stroke, prostate disorders, bone disorders, and impaired immune system function. It's vital you understand how testosterone aromatizes and the seriousness of elevated serum estrogen in men if you are using an anabolic .
    straight_jack likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    So you know where your serum estrogen is at. High levels of serum estrogen not only cause lethargy, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, myalgia, and arthralgia, it is a significant risk factor for blood clots, stroke, prostate disorders, bone disorders, and impaired immune system function. It's vital you understand how testosterone aromatizes and the seriousness of elevated serum estrogen in men if you are using an anabolic.
    VERY valuable advice,,,well said M.I.!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    VERY valuable advice,,,well said M.I.!
    Thanks brother.

Henrydot is offline New Member
    i believe AI should be taken since day one whether or not you have symptoms. better to prevent than to treat

Shield is offline New Member
    Doubling the test level of 30 years old mab isn't big deference because it takes more to bulk. Beside not all people gains huge amount of mass from the first cycle. If you didnt feel any androgenic effect, you should doubt your stalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrydotcom View Post
    i believe AI should be taken since day one whether or not you have symptoms. better to prevent than to treat
    I figured I wouldn't take any until I experience side effects, but you have a good point. What type of AI do you suggest?

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    The answer to that question is in every sticky on the forum basically. You're not going to be spoon fed. Do some research.

michael30 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post

I agree his test is mostly likely underdosed but i do disagree with some of your post. Not everyone responds to test the same. You say 160mg puts you at 2x high end. When i first started trt 200mg aweek put me at an average of 700 total. Which is far lower then what it would do to most. Test does not effect every one the same.
    Last edited by michael30; 07-21-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    straight_jack likes this.

mod1-4 is offline Associate Member
    My first cycle was 500 mg test e every week. I used galenkia test but I did a 10 week and If I remember correctly my weight went up almost 29 lbs after 10 weeks. Your gear is bunk. Probably dosed at about 60-85 mg per ml

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah, your test is dramatically underdosed.

Thread Information