chuans0n is offline New Member

How to properly mix Benzyl Alcohol with NaCl

I have 2000i.u kit's where you get the dry HCG in a steril vial and syringe with the NaCL 0.9% injectable solution already filled in. I now went to a pharmacy (I live in Europe) and asked for Benzyl Alcohol, which they ordered for me. Do I need a syringe filter for the benzyl alcohol or can I just do the following:

- Fill the NaCl solution to the steril vial
    - Then calculate the 0.9-1% benzyl alcohol and fill it (with a slin syringe) to hcg solution as well

The goal is to keep the final solution in the fridge for 4 weeks (as I need only 250i.u x 2 per week)

Do you see any problems with that setup or do you see any sterility issues?

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuans0n View Post
    I have 2000i.u kit's where you get the dry HCG in a steril vial and syringe with the NaCL 0.9% injectable solution already filled in. I now went to a pharmacy (I live in Europe) and asked for Benzyl Alcohol, which they ordered for me. Do I need a syringe filter for the benzyl alcohol or can I just do the following:

- Fill the NaCl solution to the steril vial
    - Then calculate the 0.9-1% benzyl alcohol and fill it (with a slin syringe) to hcg solution as well

The goal is to keep the final solution in the fridge for 4 weeks (as I need only 250i.u x 2 per week)

Do you see any problems with that setup or do you see any sterility issues?
    Yes if you add anything it should be filtered first. Check to make sure your solution didn't already come with BA in it. I know mine came with 0.9%BA content already.

Thanks for the response. As I cannot post URL's yet...just saw something on ebay:

Sterile 33mm Syringe Filter, PVDF, 0.22 µm

Would this do the job of filtering?

Thanks for the response. As I cannot post URL's yet...just saw something on ebay:

Sterile 33mm Syringe Filter, PVDF, 0.22 µm

Would this do the job of filtering?
    Yes.

I ordered Benzylalcohol in the local pharmacy and what I've got looks nothing like something I want to inject into my body... ;-/
    I mean I also ordered the filter, which will hopefully arrive soon...is it save to pull from this container and put the filter to the insulin syringe and put it to the steril vial?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140314_231251.jpg 
Views:	772 
Size:	668.4 KB 
ID:	149094

This looks way too indusrial grade stuff to me ;-P

Any input to my question?

Come on guys, would really appreciate your input on this

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    I'm not sure what you are trying to do. The 0.9% sodium chloride solution is already bacteriostatic, meaning it somewhat inhibits the growth of bacteria - it is different than plain sterile water, which is not as good to use if you are going to use a vial for awhile, because bacteria might start to grow as you repeatedly put a syringe into a multi-dose vial.

Maybe I just don't understand about what you are specifically trying to do, but isn't the benzyl alcohol because you are trying to make bacteriostatic water? You already have bacteriostatic, it's just that the agent in your water that is inhibiting the bacterial growth is salt, as opposed to alcohol. But they both work, and you don't need both. Maybe I am missing something?

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    Looks like a container of paint thinner lol. You can order BA from a pharmacy?
    I ordered Benzylalcohol in the local pharmacy and what I've got looks nothing like something I want to inject into my body... ;-/
    I mean I also ordered the filter, which will hopefully arrive soon...is it save to pull from this container and put the filter to the insulin syringe and put it to the steril vial?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140314_231251.jpg 
Views:	772 
Size:	668.4 KB 
ID:	149094

This looks way too indusrial grade stuff to me ;-P

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Yeah, hi. I read the post, so I already saw the photo of the stuff.

What I am asking is: why are you using benzyl alcohol? What are you hoping to accomplish with it?

@thisAngelBites
    If you use the solution that comes with the HCG (mine came with 0.9% NaCl solution), then it's for immediate use, means you cannot store it longer then a few days...
    My goal is to add 0.9% BA into it to make it last longer as I'm taking 250i.u x 2 per week (with a 2000i.u hcg kit)...so I need to make the solution last for 4 weeks..

I also have a syringe filter but as far as I know it wont make anything sterile...it will just make sure that the BA gets filtered before it's added to the solution...

But then again..is it possible that Benzyl Alcohol can have any sterility issues...even it comes from a container like this?

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    I dont see how alcohol can have a sterility issue. maybe particles that can be taking out with a filter... but not sterility issues.
    @thisAngelBites
    If you use the solution that comes with the HCG (mine came with 0.9% NaCl solution), then it's for immediate use, means you cannot store it longer then a few days...
    My goal is to add 0.9% BA into it to make it last longer as I'm taking 250i.u x 2 per week (with a 2000i.u hcg kit)...so I need to make the solution last for 4 weeks..

I also have a syringe filter but as far as I know it wont make anything sterile...it will just make sure that the BA gets filtered before it's added to the solution...

But then again..is it possible that Benzyl Alcohol can have any sterility issues...even it comes from a container like this?

theseus is offline Junior Member
    why don't you just buy a bacteriostatic solution and mix your HCG with that instead? it's very cheap and easily available.

from chemistry point of view alcohol doesn't really mix with water due to different density and solubility. and I am not sure will the alcohol actually change the nature of the HCG too, making it inefficient, HCG is a protein anyway and is of course susceptible to be denatured by alcohol in my opinion.

But I am not a chemical engineer or a pharmacist...but I doubt what you are trying to do is going to be a good idea imo, If I were you, I'll just buy a bacteriostatic NaCl or H2O instead.

@theseus

Bacteriostatic water is nothing else then sterile water with 0.9% benzylalcohol in it...that's why I'm trying to do it myself...

And the reason is very simple...because in my country there's NO bacteriostatic water...not on the blackmarket...not in a pharmacy...NOTHING...I did 3 orders (lucky me as I've spend very little money on it) from different online shops in the past weeks and all of them didn't deliver it yet...

Nimbusdp is offline Junior Member
    I'm very new here. I've decided to change my life around 9 months again and one of the main things for me is changing my body physically. Over the past 4 months I have gotten my diet under very controlled and specific portions of the correct foods, and have been lucky enough to make friends with a certified personal trainer who trains me 5 days a week for free because he sees how hard I am working. I've gone from 238 pounds down to 206 pounds over the course of the past 9 months, but I've also put on a decent amount of muscle. At this point he and I feel it might be a good idea to investigate cycle options. One of the things I've learned from friends at the gym is about procuring precursors to anabolic solutions and creating the items I would use for my cycle on my own. I have a solid understanding of chemistry (I'm currently attending college for a bachelor's degree in physics), and the chemistry part wouldn't be a problem, but I was wondering if anybody would be willing to make friends with me so I have someone to go to for specific chemistry related questions, as well as giving me a quick crash course on what can and cant be said on the forums in regards to specific words I can use or can't use, or anything that would get me in trouble or banned. I'm not looking for sources of the precursors or any equipment used in the process or anything of that sort, just a friend willing to help me in my journey. If not that's okay but I figured I have to start with posting somewhere so this is where I want to start because I'm interested in the chemistry aspect of it. Thanks!

~Nimbus

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbusdp View Post
    I'm very new here. I've decided to change my life around 9 months again and one of the main things for me is changing my body physically. Over the past 4 months I have gotten my diet under very controlled and specific portions of the correct foods, and have been lucky enough to make friends with a certified personal trainer who trains me 5 days a week for free because he sees how hard I am working. I've gone from 238 pounds down to 206 pounds over the course of the past 9 months, but I've also put on a decent amount of muscle. At this point he and I feel it might be a good idea to investigate cycle options. One of the things I've learned from friends at the gym is about procuring precursors to anabolic solutions and creating the items I would use for my cycle on my own. I have a solid understanding of chemistry (I'm currently attending college for a bachelor's degree in physics), and the chemistry part wouldn't be a problem, but I was wondering if anybody would be willing to make friends with me so I have someone to go to for specific chemistry related questions, as well as giving me a quick crash course on what can and cant be said on the forums in regards to specific words I can use or can't use, or anything that would get me in trouble or banned. I'm not looking for sources of the precursors or any equipment used in the process or anything of that sort, just a friend willing to help me in my journey. If not that's okay but I figured I have to start with posting somewhere so this is where I want to start because I'm interested in the chemistry aspect of it. Thanks!

~Nimbus
    You'd probably be better off making an intro thread in the new members section Nimbus. Also, since you're relatively new here and the nature of our business is frowned upon by law enforcement, I'm not sure who would be willing to friend you just yet. The laboratory section does have plenty of knowledgeable folks who can help you with your questions.

Thanks Docd187123!

I had just made my account and was interested in it from a chemistry/ getting ripped off perspective because those are really the only two things I had known about involving cycles at the time. I've done a lot more exploration on the topic and have learned a lot and I'm not sure I'd even be interested anymore in the process of making my own gear from the powders because I've seen on a lot of the forums that the smell is overly potent and a batch can definitely go awry. I just completed my first cycle and the results were pretty extreme to be honest, which is odd because the people I work out with were all saying how bad the gear was. I did a low dose test / EQ cycle and was very pleased with the results. I'm halfway through my post cycle and am surprised at the amount of strength I am keeping as well because they all talk about how most of the results are lost right away.

I got the majority of my information from these forums and followed directions to a T. Similarly for the post. Are the people I'm working out with just really ignorant? Or is it just due to the fact that its my first cycle? Also my diet is very calculated and I try not to break it more than once a week (although my parents were in town last weekend and I ate out with them 3 times . Does diet play into maintaining gains? If I got bad gear on my first cycle would I still experience good results?

Sorry for the post earlier I wasn't fully understanding of the rules. Also I couldn't figure out how to get back to this thread either, I don't have access to most stuff yet, so I search my name to find threads I've posted in and this is the first time this one has popped up.

Thanks for the help. And thanks for responding.

Thanks Docd187123!

I had just made my account and was interested in it from a chemistry/ getting ripped off perspective because those are really the only two things I had known about involving cycles at the time. I've done a lot more exploration on the topic and have learned a lot and I'm not sure I'd even be interested anymore in the process of making my own gear from the powders because I've seen on a lot of the forums that the smell is overly potent and a batch can definitely go awry. I just completed my first cycle and the results were pretty extreme to be honest, which is odd because the people I work out with were all saying how bad the gear was. I did a low dose test / EQ cycle and was very pleased with the results. I'm halfway through my post cycle and am surprised at the amount of strength I am keeping as well because they all talk about how most of the results are lost right away.

I got the majority of my information from these forums and followed directions to a T. Similarly for the post. Are the people I'm working out with just really ignorant? Or is it just due to the fact that its my first cycle? Also my diet is very calculated and I try not to break it more than once a week (although my parents were in town last weekend and I ate out with them 3 times . Does diet play into maintaining gains? If I got bad gear on my first cycle would I still experience good results?

Sorry for the post earlier I wasn't fully understanding of the rules. Also I couldn't figure out how to get back to this thread either, I don't have access to most stuff yet, so I search my name to find threads I've posted in and this is the first time this one has popped up.

Thanks for the help. And thanks for responding.

Thread Information