Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: So my AI came in capsules...

  1. #1
    mesophyte is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    116

    So my AI came in capsules...

    After waiting nearly two weeks, my AI finally arrived.

    It appears to be fom a Mexican compounding pharmacy and came in capsules of 1mg. Not what I was expecting, I had my pill cutter out and everything. In retrospect, I did know it was a GC product and should have realized it would be like this.

    Should I just open the capsule, try and divide the contents in quarters, take one of the quarters in powder form directly while putting the rest back in the capsule? Skip a day and then on the next one, do the same but then take 1/3 of the remaining powder and so on? If so, I would just need to remember to start with quarters, then thirds, then half, then the remaining amount. Just seems a lot less precise than pill splitting.

    Could I just take 1 full capsule every few days or would that be dangerous?

  2. #2
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    14,014
    In the future you should use ar-r the liquid is perfect for changing doses. 1mg eod would likely be overkill.

  3. #3
    mesophyte is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    In the future you should use ar-r the liquid is perfect for changing doses. 1mg eod would likely be overkill.
    Thanks for the tip but I don't live in the united states and I can't import this stuff to my country...

    The best I can do is stick with my local contacts. For meds like AIs and SERMs my contacts only carry GC products (when they even have it available, only one of my two contacts had anastrozole).

    I think I can get anastrozole without a prescription at the pharmacy. However, out of the three pharmacies I went to, 2 were out of stock and one was charging the equivalent of around 250 american dollars! (double what the other two pharmacies were charging for the same generic anatrozole at 30 x 1mg pills).

    Anyways, I already have it, it is in capsules and I'm just going to have to make it work.

    I shouldn't have even created this thread, I found other threads with the same question being posed. Sorry! If a mod wants to delete this thread, that would be ok.
    Last edited by mesophyte; 07-15-2014 at 11:07 AM.

  4. #4
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    14,014
    Not sure the best way to divide powder filled capsules accurately.

  5. #5
    thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    386
    I had the same issue. I got a shallow plastic container with a lid. Empty the capsule contents into the container and use a card to divide the powder into four even piles. Consume each pile as your 0.25mg dose. Put the lid back on the container to avoid contamination.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So my AI came in capsules...-img_5540.jpg  

  6. #6
    mesophyte is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    116
    I tried to do something similar but it wasn't working out and the powder was very sticky probably due to the humidity here. I put the remaining powder in a glass with 3cc of water (measured with a syringe) and took 1 cc (to make up for the lost powder). I discarded the remaining mixture.

    EOD I am going to mix 1 capsule with 4cc water and take 1cc discarding the rest. It is a waste but it is more practical and this is apparently old stock that reaches the two-year expiry date in december, so it isn't as though I could save it for my next cycle.

  7. #7
    thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    386
    you could try, put a small amount of dry rice in the container with powder to dry it out.

  8. #8
    m314 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    115
    Volumetric measuring with liquids is the easiest way to get the right dose.

    Empty 30 of your capsules into a little 30 milliliter bottle. Use a small funnel so you don't spill the powder. Fill the bottle with Everclear (or other high proof alcohol), close, and shake. Some of the pill fillers might not dissolve, but all of the anastrozole should go into solution.

    Use a medicine dropper to measure your doses from there. Shake the bottle before each use. The alcohol will act as a preservative to keep the drug from going bad over time.

  9. #9
    numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,111
    Stane is slightly soluble in aqueous solutions between a PH of 1-4. In this PH range concentrations of up to 0.50 mg/mL at room temp are obtainable. Solubility is independent of pH above this range. As stated above stane is freely soluble in methanol, ethanol, and isopropyl alcohol. Lactose, povidone, starch, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, macrogol and titanium dioxide are fillers used in pharmaceutical grade stane tablets. These fillers may or may not be soluble in water/alcohol.

    Quote Originally Posted by m314 View Post
    Volumetric measuring with liquids is the easiest way to get the right dose.

    Empty 30 of your capsules into a little 30 milliliter bottle. Use a small funnel so you don't spill the powder. Fill the bottle with Everclear (or other high proof alcohol), close, and shake. Some of the pill fillers might not dissolve, but all of the anastrozole should go into solution.

    Use a medicine dropper to measure your doses from there. Shake the bottle before each use. The alcohol will act as a preservative to keep the drug from going bad over time.
    I agree that you can use a dropper to measure liquid suspensions. In order to do so accurately you need to first calibrate the dropper.

    Precision and accuracy of dose from dropper to dropper can be very poor. Problems arise from the assumption that a close relationship exists between a drop and the volume of any liquid. The size of a drop of any liquid will vary not only with differences in the construction and composition of the dropper, but also with the viscosity, surface tension, density, and temperature of the liquid.

    Two individuals dispensing the same liquid from identical droppers may produce drops of different sizes because of variations in the pressure, speed of dropping, and the angle at which the dropper is held.
    m314 likes this.

  10. #10
    m314 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Stane is slightly soluble in aqueous solutions between a PH of 1-4. In this PH range concentrations of up to 0.50 mg/mL at room temp are obtainable. Solubility is independent of pH above this range. As stated above stane is freely soluble in methanol, ethanol, and isopropyl alcohol. Lactose, povidone, starch, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, macrogol and titanium dioxide are fillers used in pharmaceutical grade stane tablets. These fillers may or may not be soluble in water/alcohol.



    I agree that you can use a dropper to measure liquid suspensions. In order to do so accurately you need to first calibrate the dropper.

    Precision and accuracy of dose from dropper to dropper can be very poor. Problems arise from the assumption that a close relationship exists between a drop and the volume of any liquid. The size of a drop of any liquid will vary not only with differences in the construction and composition of the dropper, but also with the viscosity, surface tension, density, and temperature of the liquid.

    Two individuals dispensing the same liquid from identical droppers may produce drops of different sizes because of variations in the pressure, speed of dropping, and the angle at which the dropper is held.
    I just use a medicine dropper with a line at the 1 milliliter mark. Count the drops for 1 mL, then do the math to get the right number of drops for your daily dose.

    Daily dosing with the right amount allows for more stable estrogen levels on cycle. Taking a 1 mg capsule every x number of days isn't optimal.

  11. #11
    Juced_porkchop's Avatar
    Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,643
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    In the future you should use ar-r the liquid is perfect for changing doses. 1mg eod would likely be overkill.
    this^^^

    I would rec splitting the cap into 2 or 4 parts as best possible and take eod... IMO

  12. #12
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Hate capped RC,s from ugls, rc companies, or compounding pharmacies.
    Legit liquid rc's are so nice. I dose my daily cialis at 3mg, could never do that with a tab or capsule. That and like in this situation - ai's. Its a shame you dont know what they used as filler, if you did you could make your own liquid for easy dosing. Next time as has been said, arr might be the way to go.

  13. #13
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    Quote Originally Posted by mesophyte View Post
    Thanks for the tip but I don't live in the united states and I can't import this stuff to my country...

    The best I can do is stick with my local contacts. For meds like AIs and SERMs my contacts only carry GC products (when they even have it available, only one of my two contacts had anastrozole).

    I think I can get anastrozole without a prescription at the pharmacy. However, out of the three pharmacies I went to, 2 were out of stock and one was charging the equivalent of around 250 american dollars! (double what the other two pharmacies were charging for the same generic anatrozole at 30 x 1mg pills).

    Anyways, I already have it, it is in capsules and I'm just going to have to make it work.

    I shouldn't have even created this thread, I found other threads with the same question being posed. Sorry! If a mod wants to delete this thread, that would be ok.

    but you can import this stuff from Mexico??

    which country you live in?

  14. #14
    mesophyte is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    but you can import this stuff from Mexico??
    I'm not importing from mexico, my contact's contacts are.
    All my orders get placed for stuff already in the country.

  15. #15
    AsEpSiS's Avatar
    AsEpSiS is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    312
    Grab a 5$ electric scale off amazon. Then you can weight the contents of the capsules and divide up the doses accurately .

  16. #16
    mesophyte is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    116
    I like the idea of suspending it in water and measuring it out with a syringe. It is how I took it yesterday.

    Am I supposed to feel anything though? Judging solely on appearance of the bottle, I'm really suspiscious of this lab. I know it is stupid to judge based on that but I can't help it. It doesn't inspire much confidence.

    I might get a blood test sooner rather than later to check. I hope it is legit because my SERMs for PCT are from the same lab.

  17. #17
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Yeah blood work is a good idea.
    Worse case you could get arr stuff quickly if need be.
    Hope it turns out to be good for you.

  18. #18
    mesophyte is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    116
    I'm suspending 1mg in water at a time. That is enough for a week at 0.25mg EOD, but will the solution last that long in the fridge?

  19. #19
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mesophyte View Post
    I'm suspending 1mg in water at a time. That is enough for a week at 0.25mg EOD, but will the solution last that long in the fridge?
    Its hard to say. You dont even know what the filler is.

  20. #20
    m314 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by mesophyte View Post
    I'm suspending 1mg in water at a time. That is enough for a week at 0.25mg EOD, but will the solution last that long in the fridge?
    I never tried it that way, but it might be alright. Cheap vodka would be better if you can't get 190 proof alcohol. The alcohol will keep it sterile. Mix it at a rate of 1 mg/ml, and you'll only need a few drops per dose. That tiny amount of alcohol will have no effect on your cycle.

  21. #21
    mesophyte is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    116
    Why do I need to worry about it being sterile for a week in the fridge while I take it orally?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •