xzed is offline Junior Member

Tamoxifen could decrease pharmacological effects of Arimidex..How can it be?

Hello,
    I read on prospectus of arimidex : " Do not use tamoxifen with arimidex together. Tamoxifen could decrease pharmacological effects of Arimidex" long time ago. I know there is no reason to use together. But I hope that i can learn from you why this happens. I mean one of them SERM and other one is AI. So they have different mechanicsm and they are not antagonist. Theoretically they should have more antiestrogenic effect together . Right?
    My theory:Maybe they try to say, tamoxifen could decrease aromatase-inhibiting activity. But when you look to total they are still more antiestrogenic together
    Last edited by xzed; 07-20-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Any idea?

Henrydot is offline New Member
    In one of the sticky threads it tells you what both of them do. I havent read through it but from what i know, just dont use them together. No need to question something thats already been proved. Ai for cycle and NolvA for pct.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    This was based on a study which showed lower serum levels of one of the compounds when taken with the other. A newer study has showed that while serum levels of the compound may drop, it has no effect on efficacy of either.

Cliff notes: you can mix the two perfectly fine.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You would run the two together if you started to develop gyno on cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    This was based on a study which showed lower serum levels of one of the compounds when taken with the other. A newer study has showed that while serum levels of the compound may drop, it has no effect on efficacy of either.

Cliff notes: you can mix the two perfectly fine.
    That makes sense. Thanks for new study information. Its sometimes very hard and confusing to find right article.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    You would run the two together if you started to develop gyno on cycle.
    Yes. But i guess its better to increase ai dosage which is already taken

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xzed View Post
    Yes. But i guess its better to increase ai dosage which is already taken
    Not necessarily. Increasing the AI should stop or slow down the test being converted to estrogen but it wont reverse the gyno if it has started but the Nolva/tamoxifen will. Now if you just have sensitive nips or a little puffy there is a good chance the AI will stop it but not always. That is my understanding at least and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along to correct me shortly. lol

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Yes it lowers blood levels of dex, however it has been demonstrated, as has been pointed out, that there is no clinical significance to this at all. So do not worry about it.
    I agree with lovbyts, serms are you key with true gyno however if you simply are getting gyno signs increasing the ai might help and a serm might not be necessary. If you do need a serm I would also slightly increase my ai, cause if the ai dose was at an effective level you wouldnt be getting gyno symptoms. The key here is really educating yourself as to what gyno is, what are signs it is developing, and differentiating from normal signs of hormonal fluctuations. I honestly think a high % of "gyno" cases arent really gyno, I just dont say much as it of course is better to err on the side of caution than end up with true gyno.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

Not necessarily. Increasing the AI should stop or slow down the test being converted to estrogen but it wont reverse the gyno if it has started but the Nolva/tamoxifen will. Now if you just have sensitive nips or a little puffy there is a good chance the AI will stop it but not always. That is my understanding at least and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along to correct me shortly. lol
    You are totaly right. Ai doesnt reverse gyno. Even tamoxifen has limited efect for reverse. I just mentioned that increasing ai dosage is good at early symptoms of gyno. Yes, like puffiness and sensitivity which is can be also normal for cycle
    Last edited by xzed; 07-21-2014 at 06:40 AM.

Thread Information