MikeShlort is offline Associate Member

Psychological Effects - Testosterone

ggjghj
    Last edited by MikeShlort; 08-04-2014 at 09:27 PM.

JinAustin is offline Junior Member
    Testosterone has never effected my mood: that I can tell. Tren I feel is the only compound that has altered mood(less patient)
    I personally feel the roid rage is a myth, Immaturity coming out and a sign your not ready for AAS. Now the increase in libido has made me less productive at times and wanting to focus time and effort in chasing the females haha: Luckily I've had a GF majority of my cycles.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Pct and coming off can suck though if not handled properly.
    Test in general I feel great-moods great feel like everything I do I perfectly.
    To me best feeling that's why I am controlled addict.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Pct and coming off can suck though if not handled properly.
    Test in general I feel great-moods great feel like everything I do I do perfectly.
    To me best feeling that's why I am controlled addict.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member
    When you're running dbol , you feel great (at least I do). It's also hard to feel bad when you are in the middle of a cycle and you have great workout after great workout and your gains are really noticeable (size, strength, etc.). The accomplishments on cycle reinforce the good mood.

I agree with Derekjpapa, coming off can be miserable. You don't recover like you do when you're on, your stamina goes down, not to mention fluctuating test levels can mess with you mentally. I would always recommend that no one cycle when they aren't in a good emotional place to begin with. I've had several friends go into depression after their cycle was over. Thankfully they all recovered with good PCT and time.

hhghg
    Last edited by MikeShlort; 08-04-2014 at 09:27 PM.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Everyone's experience will vary but I personally believe roid-rage is mostly a myth and most cases are induced by a nocebo effect.

Common side effects you will experience will be increased arousal, but even on large doses I am not in front of a classroom with a raging boner, it is controllable. Your metabolism will be faster, this may make you sweat a little more as those mitochondria work extra hard for you.

It definitely isn't going to make you come across as creepy if you aren't to begin with. I would like to know more about your cycle, stats, goals, and experience in the gym and with AAS. I would never recommend taking AAS without adequate research and these questions seem like they should not be asked by someone who has extensively researched these compounds.

jesse4466 is offline Member
    I agree , be in a good mental / emotional state. I notice the roid rage concept is really just due to a smaller threshold of patience in general. It only lasted a week or two for me, never acted out just realized I had less patience then normal. High libido, mental cloudiness occurred a few times.

The depression during pct is concerning- I never researched that but I have a good protocol / plan in place for it. Im on week 7 of 12 now test E 500mg.

I'm glad I'm over 30 doing first cycle- more stable emotionally, mentally, etc. Everything overall has been good but I would not want to be on first cycle in a high stress environment.

Hopefully that depression during pct isn't much to be worried about with good regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse4466 View Post
    I agree , be in a good mental / emotional state. I notice the roid rage concept is really just due to a smaller threshold of patience in general. It only lasted a week or two for me, never acted out just realized I had less patience then normal. High libido, mental cloudiness occurred a few times.

The depression during pct is concerning- I never researched that but I have a good protocol / plan in place for it. Im on week 7 of 12 now test E 500mg.

I'm glad I'm over 30 doing first cycle- more stable emotionally, mentally, etc. Everything overall has been good but I would not want to be on first cycle in a high stress environment.

Hopefully that depression during pct isn't much to be worried about with good regimen.
    I would like to add that the depression stems from a sudden drop in testosterone during the period where your HPTA hasn't "kickstarted" yet but the AAS have stopped.

This can be avoided by managing estrogen properly and using HCG in your cycle. Also, if you time your PCT wrong it could further exacerbate the crash. Since I started using HCG in my cycles I have never had a sudden crash of test after my cycles. Of course it did lower after coming off of the compounds but it isn't something to cause concern.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830
    I would like to add that the depression stems from a sudden drop in testosterone during the period where your HPTA hasn't "kickstarted" yet but the AAS have stopped. This can be avoided by managing estrogen properly and using HCG in your cycle. Also, if you time your PCT wrong it could further exacerbate the crash. Since I started using HCG in my cycles I have never had a sudden crash of test after my cycles. Of course it did lower after coming off of the compounds but it isn't something to cause concern.

Thank you. Made me feel a lot better clarifying further. HCG 500/wk has been used and also AI (.25-.5 EOD).

500iu of HCG a week has been the only dose I have used and it has worked well on plain test cycles and more complex tren cycles.

I've heard mixed feedback on HCG potency decreasing over 90 days but came to the conclusion it should be fine throughout cycle as long as it's refrigerated.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse4466 View Post
    I've heard mixed feedback on HCG potency decreasing over 90 days but came to the conclusion it should be fine throughout cycle as long as it's refrigerated.
    I always buy the 1500iu amps so I end up mixing a little at a time so it never stays constituted long before I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830
    I always buy the 1500iu amps so I end up mixing a little at a time so it never stays constituted long before I use it.
    That's ideal.

Do you use hcg on days you do test dose or off dayS?
    Last edited by MikeShlort; 07-26-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Do you dose hCG on the days you dose test or on off days?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeShlort View Post
    Here's the thing about the word research - it literally means to gather information, read it, then figure out which information is useful by process. Since things like drugs and physical gains are completely different for each individual, it's impossible to read a bunch of information and figure it out. It's going to all be conflicting information. Especially something which is illegal and the information is anecdotal to begin with. So I figure the best way to find out a logical average is to read the information, and also ask people who have used the shit to talk about their experience. See what matches up with what, if there is a common thing, etc.
    It does mean to gather information, very good. Just make sure the information you are gathering is credible. Nothing wrong with getting personal experiences thrown in there as well, but there are plenty other threads out there if that is all you are doing. No need to get defensive.

Here is a thread from here that offers quite a few answers to your questions from others' personal experiences.

TEST E, mood & how u feel

And just so this is a well-rounded post here is a good article that will help you.

JAMA Network | JAMA Psychiatry | Effects of Supraphysiologic Doses of Testosterone on Mood and Aggression in Normal Men: A Randomized Controlled Trial

Quote Originally Posted by MikeShlort View Post
    Do you dose hCG on the days you dose test or on off days?
    It doesn't really matter. I have known many who inject it IM with their test but I usually inject it subcutaneously but still on the days I do my Test/Tren shots as it is all 2 injections per week for all of those compounds.

After my last cycle I found this article that I thought was interesting. After reading this I am tempted to switch to using HCG via IM.

Bioavailability of hCG after intramuscular or subcutaneous injection in obese and nonā€obese women

prrayfgh
    Last edited by MikeShlort; 08-04-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Thread Information