Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Old guy here about to start my first cycle.

bhmyers1968 is offline Junior Member

Old guy here about to start my first cycle.

A little about myself, I just turned 46 (I'm know I'm an old fart). I have been working out on and off for 20 years and understand proper technique and the mechanics behind building muscle. I workout 3-4 times a week and maintain a health clean diet (most of the time). I'm 5'10, weigh 175 and have 15-16% BF.

This will be my first cycle.

I have sourced the following from a reputable source:

Sustanon 250 25 1ml amps 12 week cycle pinning on Monday and Thursday (500 a week)
    Clostibegyt (Clomiphene Citrate) 50mg 40 tablets for PCT three weeks after last injection.
    Arimidex .5mg per day to prevent gyno and reduce water retention.
    Nolvadex 20mg tablets

I have a very strict 3 month plan, with a BMR of 1700 I plan to consume 2800 clean calories a day (I dont want to increase BF) with a ratio of 40/20/40

I know I have likely missed something here but I'm anxious to hear back from everyone.

Grandeur is offline Junior Member
    My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

If you are 175 lbs after 20 years of training then something is probably not correct.

None than less the thread above is normally where people are directed to, because you can ask Austinite anything, Austinite will help you out and is the person who created the thread.

Goodluck !

I can understand your comment however I have been far from consistent up until the past 12 months. I weighed 219 in October of last year and I'm now 175, much leaner.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    You should pin your sus every other day to utilize the prop and stop spikes.

That arimidex dose is to high start at 0.25g every other day

At your age you should go to a doctor first and get on trt. At least get a full hormone blood test.
    Chicagotarsier likes this.

Thank you. TRT?
    So would you recommend pinning eod for a total of 500 per week? (2ml)

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You not old bro. Lots of good info here take your time and be sure you have all the info to run a successful cycle.
    Over 50 and in better shape than most 20 year olds, such the case here with all are older members.

Fit.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't call yourself old bro..,,. You've just matured that's all. I am 44 and have never felt better and live life to the fullest! This is a great site and the guys here will point you in the right direction.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Old? I am 43 going on 20 and have never felt better! Age is just a number and good luck to you on your journey.
    BG and NACH3 like this.

Thank you guys...Do you feel I should take .25 or .5mg of Armidex everyday on a 500 a week cycle? Also I was planning to pin on Monday and Thursdays but I understand EOD is better? So how much EOD? Do you feel Everything I have in the cycle is on target? Would you change anything? Im going today for a complete body analysis so this will be my starting point and will take measurements every 4 weeks. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the support.

VegasBody is offline Associate Member
    Eod every other day just split your 500 into
    Lets say mon wed fri sun so that is125 ,125,125,125
    Next week tue thurs sat mon 125,125,125,125
    Arimidex .25 should be planty on that tues fri
    NACH3 likes this.

Grandeur is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhmyers1968 View Post
    I can understand your comment however I have been far from consistent up until the past 12 months. I weighed 219 in October of last year and I'm now 175, much leaner.
    Ahh..you are from Perth...

Theres your problem pal

Only working here......chasing the $$$$ Im from Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by VegasBody View Post
    Eod every other day just split your 500 into
    Lets say mon wed fri sun so that is125 ,125,125,125
    Next week tue thurs sat mon 125,125,125,125
    Arimidex .25 should be planty on that tues fri
    I can do that. Okay just to be clear, only take the Arimidex .25 on tuesdays and fridays (only twice a week)?

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Old? LOL. I'm 53, so any one in their 40's is young to me. Congrats on the hard work trimming down! I would do (and do on cycle) arimidex .25 EOD. Everyone is different; you might need a little more but hopefully not. You're trying to keep your estrogen in check, not totally squash it. Best of luck!

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I can do that. Okay just to be clear, only take the Arimidex .25 on tuesdays and fridays (only twice a week)?
    .25 every other day. Is the best starting point.
    NACH3 likes this.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A little about myself, I just turned 46 (I'm know I'm an old fart). I have been working out on and off for 20 years and understand proper technique and the mechanics behind building muscle. I workout 3-4 times a week and maintain a health clean diet (most of the time). I'm 5'10, weigh 175 and have 15-16% BF.

This will be my first cycle.

I have sourced the following from a reputable source:

Sustanon 250 25 1ml amps 12 week cycle pinning on Monday and Thursday (500 a week)
    Clostibegyt (Clomiphene Citrate) 50mg 40 tablets for PCT three weeks after last injection.
    Arimidex .5mg per day to prevent gyno and reduce water retention.
    Nolvadex 20mg tablets

I have a very strict 3 month plan, with a BMR of 1700 I plan to consume 2800 clean calories a day (I dont want to increase BF) with a ratio of 40/20/40

I know I have likely missed something here but I'm anxious to hear back from everyone.
    nolva n clomid is good combo for 4 week pct.
    I rec dex maybe eod, unless u feel you need more.
    id rec making cycle 14wks.

looks good otherwise

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    I agree.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Yeh, Ur not old... Ur just hitting the point where you know how your body works and reacts to mostly everything!! Also kudos to you for droppin/trimming down to a nice lean 175 b4 you considered running a test cycle... As mentioned above this site is awesome... Just on the educational threads I've learned soo much... Any ? Is pretty much answered in Austinites educational database along with all other sticky's! Everything looks good... Good job and good luck on your journey brotha!!!

Thanks guys, I went and had a body analysis yesterday as a starting point. I start Tuesday.....

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Welcome and good luck bro!

Damn.......I'm doing EOD so last night was my first pin. I did .5ml in my thigh, shit my whole leg is sore. I worked legs last night and this morning my leg is sore as hell. I assume that's common, this EOD is going to suck. I'm going to run out of places to PIN that aren't already sore. Does it matter which muscle group to PIN, is one better than the other? What about timing, I pinned last night prior to hitting the gym, just want to ensure the timing is correct.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    damn, if your old I wonder what that makes me?
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I pin in the early am(say 2:00-3:00 am) then hit the gym by 5:00 am... But depending on what your working that day - say legs - IMO I would pin in my delts/glutes/etc.... And rotate... It'll take a lil time but you should have everything spread out in different sites if if ur getting too much PIP( which should subside after a couple wks when your body gets used to it! I assume ur runnin prop by the sound of your post??

tectime is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    damn, if your old I wonder what that makes me?
    Older ! Haha ! But dude 50+ is not old anymore ! Not like it was when we were in our twenty and thirties. Thank God for modern meds..... To have the wisdom of living 50+ years and the hormonal energy of a twenty five years old..... Boom life is good !

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I pin in the early am(say 2:00-3:00 am) then hit the gym by 5:00 am... But depending on what your working that day - say legs - IMO I would pin in my delts/glutes/etc.... And rotate... It'll take a lil time but you should have everything spread out in different sites if if ur getting too much PIP( which should subside after a couple wks when your body gets used to it! I assume ur runnin prop by the sound of your post??
    This morning i pinned in my glute, much better!!! I'm pinning EOD, .5ml for a total of 2ml (500) a week and doing .25mg of Arimidex EOD.

Is it normal to be sore in the areas you pin? Im running out of body parts that are not sore.....

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If its bothering you that much stop the eod. You dont want to inject into an already sore muscle. You will be OK shooting 2x ew just next cycle get test-e. Are you injecting side of glute or back?
    austinite likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    If its bothering you that much stop the eod. You dont want to inject into an already sore muscle. You will be OK shooting 2x ew just next cycle get test-e. Are you injecting side of glute or back?
    I started with thighs, now I'm doing glutes as its not as sore there.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    alternating between side and back.

Oh wow everyone here is like +40 lol.. I m an infant

This site has been a wealth of knowledge. Okay tomorrow will be my 5th pin, so 10 days.....I have gained a little over 5lbs in the first week, im a little concerned about my diet and the calorie intake. Im eating clean, 40/20/40 (carbs\fat\protein), is it normal to start putting on weight the first week! I realize it may be water. Im on a very low salt intake, just dont want to be over eating....

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    R u taking an AI? Sound like bloat to me
    NACH3 likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Haha

Burn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandeur View Post
    Ahh..you are from Perth...

Theres your problem pal

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Got to watch this. I was taking my AI (Aromasin ) as prescribed and when one of the oral items "kicked in" fully bloat was noticable more than before it kicked in. Adjusted dose up of the AI and good to go. So far bloat is the only side I have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    ^^^^Fit2bOld nailed it on the Adex dosage.... The starting point is extremely common at .25 EOD... As your cycle goes on and you feel some sides(dry lips, lethargy, low energy etc this means your E levels could be high(BW IS THR KEY) as all you'd be doing is guessing(but w/a Test only cycle) this obviously makes things a lot easier to pin point the problems as their are no other compounds to make you think it could be this or that , etc!!

IMO... Listening to your body is the key for many different reasons - like dosages, sides(whether or not to increase your AI Dose) etc!!

And make sure your diet and training are spot on as this is 95% of your gains... And how to keep them as well!

Good luck with everything as the peops on this forum(the majority/most are here to help everyone to the best of their abilities/& their abilities and knowledge are second to none here)!!!
    Last edited by NACH3; 06-25-2014 at 01:18 PM. Reason: To spell correctly and use real words... Lol
    tice1212 likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    This site has been a wealth of knowledge. Okay tomorrow will be my 5th pin, so 10 days.....I have gained a little over 5lbs in the first week, im a little concerned about my diet and the calorie intake. Im eating clean, 40/20/40 (carbs\fat\protein), is it normal to start putting on weight the first week! I realize it may be water. Im on a very low salt intake, just dont want to be over eating....
    The same happened to me, didnt get the 3-4 week period people talk about for test e to kick in.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I started with thighs, now I'm doing glutes as its not as sore there.
    I'm pretty sure he was asking if you were pinnin in your Gluteus Medius(side of Glut) or Gluteus Maximus(more in the back of your Glutes... Correct me if I'm wrong BG??

Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    Currently doing .25mg EOD of Arimidex

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was asking if you were pinnin in your Gluteus Medius(side of Glut) or Gluteus Maximus(more in the back of your Glutes... Correct me if I'm wrong BG??
    I alternate to avoid a sore spot. It seems to be getting better now.

Update: Its been 5 weeks now that I'm on the Sus cycle. In week 5 I started seeing a difference, not only visual but strength as well, I'm lifting more and more, In fact last night I was amazed at how much I was lifting and tore or injured a muscle in my shoulder. Last set and I was maxing out...... I started at 77Kg (169.4 lbs) and as of this morning Im 181.4, so I'm up exactly 12lbs in 5 weeks. Im eating like a horse, in fact I find it difficult to eat enough clean calories. I have a very clean diet and I average about 3200 calories a day, breakfast is usually around 1500 calories alone. Macros are about 40/40/20. Im going for a body analysis next week but I don't feel I have increased body fat as my jeans are the same as always. So is 12lbs in 5 weeks stretching it? If I continue to eat the way I am and workout vigorously 4 times a week with cardio 2 x a week whats an estimate of where I may be in 7 more weeks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information