Jmathlete is offline New Member

18 Year old athlete help!

Hey guys I need some help,

I'm an 18 year old kid who is pretty strong and knowledgeable.

I've been training seriously for about 5 years and my lifts have been ok.

I'm 6'1" 218 pounds and my lifts are as follows:

Bench 320x1

Deadlift 550x1

Squat 450x1

I run a 4.6 forty and I'm a division 1 football recruit I'm a very good athlete, I'm not going to do anything crazy though I'm aware many kids in college do.

I looked into a couple things such as Alpha- 1 MAX by Blackstone Labs and AMS 1-Andro Rde Chrome.

I've been continuing to do research and I thought I would ask for your valuable opinions.

Has anyone used these products and how exactly would I need to use them.

I know I'm 18 but my diet is unbelievable and I have a very solid and strong frame.

Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated as I continue down this road... Thanks guys!

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Brother if you really can run a 4.6 forty at 18 years old the last thing you want to do is take a performance enhancer. There are three big reasons why you shouldn't be taking anything at this stage. The first is you have enough natural talent that perfecting your form and watching video will help you more than a pro hormone. Next, taking a performance enhancer at this stage is very risky because your endocrine system hasn't finished developing. This makes recovering your natural test production more difficult when the cycle is finished, and increases the risk of problems later in life. Just because a product is legal and sold over the counter doesn't make it safe. What kind of future will you have in sports if you take a pro hormone and it messes up your natural test production? Lastly, if you take a performance enhancer you will likely gain weight. There is no guarantee you will get faster. A recruiter would like see an athlete who is fast and has a frame that can be built upon rather than someone who is bigger and slower.

Thank you very much for your advice. I know I'll gain weight, but isn't it a calculated risk? With a proper PCT and taken the right way I think I'll be alright. I'm looking to increase my lifts a bit and gain a little bit of weight (220-230) range. Will it be lean muscle or have many held a lot of water? Again any and all advice is awesome... I'm serious about adding a cycle to my training regimen and would probably go with a Alpha 1-Max by Blackstone Labs
    Last edited by Jmathlete; 07-22-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmathlete
    Thank you very much for your advice. I know I'll gain weight, but isn't it a calculated risk? With a proper PCT and taken the right way I think I'll be alright. I'm looking to increase my lifts a bit and gain a little bit of weight (220-230) range. Will it be lean muscle or have many held a lot of water? Again any and all advice is awesome... I'm serious about adding a cycle to my training regimen and would probably go with a Alpha 1-Max by Blackstone Labs
    It will do nothing. Products like that are garbage.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Believing that a proper PCT will restore your serum levels to what they were pre cycle is the biggest myth among users. A proper PCT will only increase the chance of you having a full recovery. In life nothing as a guarantee. The endocrine system usually stops developing around age 25. The younger you are the greater the chance you have of not fully recovering. If you do a cycle you may get bigger faster stronger, but if you don't know how to eat correctly you will lose everything when off cycle. If you want a bright future in sports then learn how to eat and train correctly. You will be much better off waiting until you're in college and the stakes are raised before taking something. Ride out your natural potential because the risks are far too high at this stage in the game.

The problem with the idea of calculated risk is that the risk may be catastrophe. Some guys just never recover back to their "normal" self. The problem is that you won't know if you're a genetic freak where the steroid leaves no lasting sides or you're dumb out of luck where you're injured for a long time, until you take the steroid. When the penalty hits you it's too late. You're young be safe and be healthy for a long time.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Listen to the people on here. Dont run any AAS and NO pro hormone. If you are where you are naturally then why mess yourself up with unregulated products that do not have any science behind them. Save your money for food and train hard. Stop before you head down a dangerious path and lose any hopes of playing on Saturday or Sundays.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmathlete View Post
    I'm not going to do anything crazy though I'm aware many kids in college do.

I've been continuing to do research and I thought I would ask for your valuable opinions.

Has anyone used these products and how exactly would I need to use them.
    You say you are not going to do anything stupid but pro hormones are stupid. Any performance enhancer at your age would be stupid. And Google is not research, seek out medical research articles . . . that is research. Dont buy the hype. Nothing will pay off like hard work. Dont cheat this early . . . .maybe your senior year if you are red-shirted you might want to look at something then.

I'm not looking to hop on Superdrol at high dosages and purposely **** my shit up, nor am I looking to pin anything. I was looking for something to put 10 or so pounds on with decent strength gains. I obviously know how to diet and lift correctly from where I am now, everyone knows many under 25 who are on crazy gear (Bostin Lloyd). I'm not even relatively contemplating that.... A low level prohormone seemed like the best option and product for my current situation and goals.

Deequarius is offline Associate Member
    Bro if you think you can juice and be a D1 football athlete, you are wrong. I have a lot of friends that are on my schools team in the BIG 10 division and they see people get kicked off left and right for failing drug screenings related to AAS. If you pin, you will get caught. And if you are that size you will more than likely be red-shirting so the teams nutritionist will help you get your weight up. Steer clear of putting needles in your rear.

Deequarius is offline Associate Member
    And prohormones are shit. Total waste. The most anabolic thing you can put into your body is whole food.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deequarius View Post
    And prohormones are shit. Total waste. The most anabolic thing you can put into your body is whole food.
    Besides that even though they are "Legal" you will still test dirty on a test. I foresee another promising athlete that will someday be saying, I wish I had not done that. Would have, could have and shouldn't have. Then you are stuck in some dead end job instead of doing something you enjoy and your face in a mug shot instead of on a cereal box.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    DO NOT USE PRO HORMONES!! Or steroids !!

You will ruin your future.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    There are plenty of medical reasons to not do it use gear at your age, but I'm telling you, you're almost definitely going to get caught.
    The NCAA has a pretty good testing policy and most universities also administer their own testing protocol on top of that.

If you get caught, you will be ineligible to compete in ANY intercollegiate sport for a minimum of 365 days. And there is no guarantee that they will ever reinstate you after that.

Reinstatement Involving Testing Positive for an NCAA Banned Substance NCAA Bylaw 18.4.1.5.1 | NCAA Public Home Page - NCAA.org

Now think about this, if you miss a year of your sport (and that includes all team practices), what are the odds that your sports-career is going to be over? Not to mention, you think it's worth jeopardizing any scholarships you might receive for your playing? It's really not worth it.

If you want to get better, the best advice I have is for you is to take extra time out of your day to work with your team's strength and conditioning coaches and their sports nutritionists. Most likely, your training and diet aren't perfect and those guys are excellent professionals who can help you better than you may or may not think.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 07-22-2014 at 08:58 PM.

bhmyers1968 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Brother if you really can run a 4.6 forty at 18 years old the last thing you want to do is take a performance enhancer. There are three big reasons why you shouldn't be taking anything at this stage. The first is you have enough natural talent that perfecting your form and watching video will help you more than a pro hormone. Next, taking a performance enhancer at this stage is very risky because your endocrine system hasn't finished developing. This makes recovering your natural test production more difficult when the cycle is finished, and increases the risk of problems later in life. Just because a product is legal and sold over the counter doesn't make it safe. What kind of future will you have in sports if you take a pro hormone and it messes up your natural test production? Lastly, if you take a performance enhancer you will likely gain weight. There is no guarantee you will get faster. A recruiter would like see an athlete who is fast and has a frame that can be built upon rather than someone who is bigger and slower.

Amen, don't throw away a natural talent!! At your age, focus on a clean diet and natural lifts, the recruiters will be knocking at your door.

Thread Information