Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Albuterol, Some Facts and My Opinion & Expereince

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries

Albuterol, Some Facts and My Opinion & Expereince

Albuterol; Some Facts and My Opinion

Albuterol is quite an interesting compound but it is often overshadowed by another Beta 2 agonist, clenbuterol . I just want to talk a bit about albuterol, share some information and facts, some personal experience, and my personal thoughts on the compound.

As mentioned above albuterol is a Beta 2 receptor agonist. This means it activates the Beta 2 receptor in the body. B2 receptor activation is primarily associated with the relaxation of smooth muscle tissue; however its effects extend much further than that. It has been shown to induce an increase in basal metabolic rate, activation of cAMP, AKT and mTOR pathways, and the activation of the lipase enzyme.

All that sounds well and good but what does it mean. Well obviously the increase in basal metabolic rate results in an increased metabolism, which the effects of our obvious; the faster your metabolism then the better the body’s ability to burn calories. These sounds great but ask any hard gainer and they will tell you it does not come without a cost. It can also make it more difficult to gain muscle and it would stand to reason, preserve muscle when in a caloric deficit.

So why then are beta 2 agonists such as clen and albuterol so popular? Well that brings us to the second group of aforementioned effects of b2 receptor activation. The activation of CAMP,AKT and mTOR. Now we could get into to each one and what they are and what they do, but the important thing to note is they are al recognized in varying degrees as anabolic pathways. More on that later.

The third effect of b2 receptor activation mentioned was the activation of the enzyme lipase. Lipase breaks down stored body fat and it can then be used as a source of fuel or energy, thus the term lipolysis.
    So putting it all together, Albuterol increases your metabolism, activates anabolic pathways, and increases lipolysis. One can begin to clearly see the potential benefit Albuterol brings to the table for our purposes. It sounds like an amazing compound, and it can be, but it needs to be looked into a bit more so things are taken in context.

First of all the increase in metabolism is undeniable as is the increased fat burning as well as increased energy benefits it offers. Perhaps the most interesting benefit the compound offers is its ability to induce the burning of body fat while sparing muscle tissue. Notice I said sparing muscle tissue, not building muscle tissue. While albuterol activates anabolic pathways I am not so certain it offers direct anabolic properties, but I feel it offsets the normally catabolic effect the increased metabolic rate would create. This is due to, as I just mentioned, the anabolic pathways activated but also the activation of the lipase enzyme as well. Now this is often a hotly debated topic and on it I would say while Albuterol shown anabolic effects in certain studies, in certain scenarios, it should not, in my opinion, be primarily utilized for that. If you were to do so I feel you may be disappointed. However if your goal is to lose fat, gain muscle, and get some ergogenic benefit from a compound this may be the one for you. It has been for me.

So how does albuterol compare to clenbuterol and why am I writing this? Well clenbuterol is a long acting b2 receptor agonist, albuterol is a short acting b2 receptor agonist. They both do the same things but the difference is how long the effects last. Also clenbuterol is dosed in micrograms and albuterol in milligrams. Celnbuterol can be effectively dosed once per day, albuterol I dose 2x/day.

I used clen for a long time and very effectively. The problem with clen for me is the side effects. The tremors and sweating I could deal with, but the insomnia I could not. We all know how important rest is for our recovery and even our general metal acuity and well-being. I could not get good sleep while taking clen. It was a dreaded effect I put up with…until I tried albuterol.

I used to dose clen first thing in the am and still would not be able to sleep properly. When I tried albuterol I started dosing it 2x/day. First thing in the am, and again in the afternoon, around 2-3pm. Well dosing in this manner I could sleep! I also found if I could I would take it around my pre workout time and it seemed to enhance my workouts. Like an effective pre workout. Also my pumps were astounding. The pumps, I later came to find out, were due to the effect of b2 receptor activation as well. B2 receptor activation simulates the “fight or flight response”. This response shifts the flow of blood from unnecessary areas into skeletal muscle.
    Essentially Albuterol was giving me much of the benefits of clen, with better workouts and far fewer sides. I have become pretty fond of this compound.

So how do I dose it? Well I started off at 3mg, 2x/day for a total of 6mg, as I mentioned first thing in the am and again in the afternoon, preworkout whenever possible. I then upped it to 6mg, 2x/day for atoal daily dose of 12mg, and have gone as high as 2/ 9mg doses for a total of 18mg. I have heard of people running it as high as 24mg/day safely. For me I have found this, I have now settled in at 12mg/day pretty comfortably. I run albuterol with ketotifen at night so my b2 receptors do not become less responsive to the compound which would illicit the necessity for an increase in dosage. I dose the ketotifen at 1mg/day, just as I did when I ran clen. It works beautifully and allows the albuterol to remain effective at is what would be deemd by many a very conservative dose. I prefer to look at it as aa safe and effective dose.

For those of you not familiar with ketotifen and what I just said, very quickly, when taking b2 agonist such as clen or albuterol, the b2 receptors will become less responsive to the compound and they will do so relatively quickly. Taking ketotifen will prevent this. This allows steady use of the compound (often people would do 2 weeks on/2 weeks off to prevent this, and that works too) but more importantly for me it allows the compound to remain effective at a responsible dose.

So to sum it up I will say this. If you have tried clen and don’t like the sides, give albuterol a go. If you haven’t tried such a compound definitely try albuterol over clen in my opinion. Even if you have used clen and are pleased, give albuterol a go. It offers clen like benefits with less sides and I fell more benefit in the area of workout performance enhancement. I also tend to look at it as a bit of a safer alternative.

I hope this explains albuterol well. I really enjoy the compound for its fatloss, muscle sparing benefits with far reduced sides over clenbuterol. Any questions feel free to post them I will be happy to share any experience I have with this compound.

Refs:
    J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006 Jan;117(1):18-24; quiz 25.Molecular mechanisms of beta(2)-adrenergic receptor function, response, and regulation.Johnson M.
    Schmitz JM, Graham RM, Sagalowsky A, Pettinger WA (1981). "Renal α1 and α2 adrenergic receptors: biochemical and pharmacological correlations". J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 219 (2): 400–6. PMID 6270306
    Albuterol increases lean body mass in ambulatory boys with Duchenne or Becker muscular dystrophy.Skura CL, Fowler EG, Wetzel GT, Graves M, Spencer MJ. Albuterol increases lean body mass in ambulatory b... [Neurology. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
    Metabolism. 1994 Sep43(9):1119-25.Comparison of the effects of salbutamol and clenbuterol on skeletal muscle mass and carcass composition in senescent rats. Comparison of the effects of salbutamol and clenb... [Metabolism. 1994] - PubMed - NCBI
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 07-23-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Walnutz is offline Member
    Good stuff.

I'm a fan of albuterol myself. The not sleeping with clen got to be too much of an annoyance.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I ran albuterol fairly recently and I didn't like it near as much as clen . Clen has more pronounced side effects but I also burn fat much quicker with clen. The sleeping thing was an issue with clen and not with albuterol. But I dosed some keto and 10mg melatonin at night and sleep like a baby. Im also not a big fan of having to dose albuterol more than once a day.

Nice write up though!!! Always enjoy reading yours.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Very nice write up jimmy. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Did you supplement taurine while taking albuterol?
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere
    Very nice write up jimmy. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Did you supplement taurine while taking albuterol?
    I dont personally think you need to with the short half life of albuterol. This is my thoughts. Jimmy will probably know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I dont personally think you need to with the short half life of albuterol. This is my thoughts. Jimmy will probably know more.
    I do agree with you on that but taurine is so cheap I do it anyways just to be on the safe side.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I was under the impression that all β2 agonists increased taurine levels in skeletal muscle and liver. While decreasing levels in the lungs and heart.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I find the sides far more bareable with albuterol. Clen is just a no go for me I get every side.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Jimmy, nice read. I've run clen a number of times very effectively. Man, it's the cramps that just kills me. I once got a cramp in my abs that looked like I swallowed an apple. It looked pretty cool if it wasn't for the pain. Yeah, the Taurine helps a lot. I'm going to try the albuterol and see how it work.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Jimmy, nice read. I've run clen a number of times very effectively. Man, it's the cramps that just kills me. I once got a cramp in my abs that looked like I swallowed an apple. It looked pretty cool if it wasn't for the pain. Yeah, the Taurine helps a lot. I'm going to try the albuterol and see how it work.
    I highly rec the Taurine, even off clen or albut. great stuff and cheap. I also highly rec a banana a day, that with the taurine should help or stops cramps.

GREAT post OP! We need more threads like this to direct new members too. Great read.

Have you ever stacked albut and clen? at a lower dose of course, but have you?
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I asked my guy if he had any albuterol, but it was seized at the border, will have to wait to try it. Can you get ketotifen over the counter?
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    No I dont and I never did with clen either. That being said when Im cutting about 75% of my protein intake comes from fish which is high in taurine.

Blog Entries
    I ran albuterol fairly recently and I didn't like it near as much as clen . Clen has more pronounced side effects but I also burn fat much quicker with clen. The sleeping thing was an issue with clen and not with albuterol. But I dosed some keto and 10mg melatonin at night and sleep like a baby. Im also not a big fan of having to dose albuterol more than once a day.

Nice write up though!!! Always enjoy reading yours.
    See now for me id say when it comes to fat loss albuterol is about 80-90% as effective as clen with less sides and enhanced workouts. all in all making it well worth t. Everyone is different though and if clen works exceptionally well for you and you tried albut and it is not as effective, by all means stick with clen. The real kicker for me was the sleep. With clen even taking keto doesnt give me the restful sleep I need, I get like 4 hours in but then am awake and restless. Also the effect of inadequate sleep would compound as time went on.
    Thanks for the kind words man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    I highly rec the Taurine, even off clen or albut. great stuff and cheap. I also highly rec a banana a day, that with the taurine should help or stops cramps.

GREAT post OP! We need more threads like this to direct new members too. Great read.

Have you ever stacked albut and clen? at a lower dose of course, but have you?
    No I never have stacked the 2. To be honest I see myself done with clen for good while I see myself continuing to use albuterol. I have run albuterol and T3 and its a great stack.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    I asked my guy if he had any albuterol, but it was seized at the border, will have to wait to try it. Can you get ketotifen over the counter?
    No you cant its a script antihistamine/mast cell stabilizer. I get it from arr its dirt cheap under $20. I also get my albut there as well.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    So do you run the alb. 2 on/2 off? Or can I run it like clen for 6 weeks when adding keto in the mix?
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    So do you run the alb. 2 on/2 off? Or can I run it like clen for 6 weeks when adding keto in the mix?
    I run it 6-8 weeks straight with keto (rarely 8, almost always 6 tops). You can do 2on/2off but once I discovered keto back in my clen days I much prefer the 6weeks straight. I do better losing fat that way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup
    I run it 6-8 weeks straight with keto (rarely 8, almost always 6 tops). You can do 2on/2off but once I discovered keto back in my clen days I much prefer the 6weeks straight. I do better losing fat that way as well.
    Thanks jimmy, another great write up. I'm gonna give it a try next time.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Outstanding write up. Thanks. I knew nothing of the compound until now.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

jsam is offline Junior Member
    Re read twice seemed to have missed dosage on ketotifen. If using 6mg 2x daily what is the dosage of ketotifen?

Quote Originally Posted by jsam
    Re read twice seemed to have missed dosage on ketotifen. If using 6mg 2x daily what is the dosage of ketotifen?
    I believe he said he takes 1 mg Ed.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jsam View Post
    No problem man, there a lot of stuff and info there. Here you go:
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I dose the ketotifen at 1mg/day, just as I did when I ran clen. It works beautifully and allows the albuterol to remain effective at is what would be deemd by many a very conservative dose. I prefer to look at it as aa safe and effective dose.
    I take it at night right before bed as it makes you very drowsy.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 07-23-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    jsam likes this.

jsam is offline Junior Member
    Thanks alot, read it a third time and found it. I appriciate the reply jimmy!
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Ketotifen is nice having around at all times for those nights you can't get to sleep. I'll take 1-2mg and it knocks me out until the alarm goes off.

Great to use with tren .
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

I am in Canada and am concerned about ordering stuff like that. I am on the border and can ship to a warehouse in the States, but not sure on the policies for prescription meds without a prescription. Then there is bringing it back across the border, not sure what kind of trouble I could get in if they ever found stuff like that.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am in Canada and am concerned about ordering stuff like that. I am on the border and can ship to a warehouse in the States, but not sure on the policies for prescription meds without a prescription. Then there is bringing it back across the border, not sure what kind of trouble I could get in if they ever found stuff like that.
    I live in Canada and order from arr all the time, haven't lost an order over the years, so I would rec to just order it to addy, not go over boarder then bring it back IMO

PS, Try the CIA....... DANG! lol

Do they hit you with huge border fees?

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the good write up on Albuterol.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

poizonn is offline New Member
    Thanks for your post, and sharing your experience.

I have a couple of questions:

I drink about 3-4 cups of coffee a day. Pre-workout I normally drink 1 cup of coffee and a pre-workout supplement.

I got 4mg Alb tabs and I'm planning on running 4mg x 3 times a day, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

If I take Alb as a pre-workout, should I lay off the coffee and pre-workout?

For the rest of the day, could I still drink my coffee while taking 4mg of Alb every 4 hours?
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    How the heck did I miss this thread? I keep referring people to you about this topic. Now I can use this thread so they don't fill up your inbox. lol.

Thanks for this post, Jimmy. Outstanding read from an outstanding contributor.

Stay powerful.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

"It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Me too I missed it.
    Great info thanks man, I will be saving this to my favorites.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poizonn View Post
    Thanks for your post, and sharing your experience.

I have a couple of questions:

I drink about 3-4 cups of coffee a day. Pre-workout I normally drink 1 cup of coffee and a pre-workout supplement.

I got 4mg Alb tabs and I'm planning on running 4mg x 3 times a day, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

If I take Alb as a pre-workout, should I lay off the coffee and pre-workout?

For the rest of the day, could I still drink my coffee while taking 4mg of Alb every 4 hours?
    preworkout yes id drop it, i drink my coffee as usual

wellshii is offline Member
    Hows your heart feel after workouts?How are your workouts intense wise? I have been dieting since april,lost 15 lbs so far,getting where I need a fat burner. Thing is I do extremly intense workouts,HIIT and am wondering how will my workouts hold up with albut. I like having the ability to hit the gym harder than the average person who does, and would hate to compromise that with something like this.Although im damn near where I want to be looks wise,Id hate to be a phony. Any input is appreciated
    Jeremy
    Last edited by wellshii; 01-15-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    Hows your heart feel after workouts?How are your workouts intense wise? I have been dieting since april,lost 15 lbs so far,getting where I need a fat burner. Thing is I do extremly intense workouts,HIIT and am wondering how will my workouts hold up with albut. I like having the ability to hit the gym harder than the average person who does, and would hate to compromise that with something like this.Although im damn near where I want to be looks wise,Id hate to be a phony. Any input is appreciated
    Jeremy
    It increases my workout intensity and my heart fells fine, whatever that means. I would hope we all hit the gym harder than the average person does, who the fvck wants to be average?

Blog Entries
    Do they hit you with huge border fees?
    Hey I just got an email for JP - he is on vacation so he isnt ignoring you While you and I are working the lucky son of a gun is on a beach relaxing ! LOL

tballz is offline Senior Member
    That's an awesome post! Thanks Jimmy!
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

wellshii is offline Member
    Nice,I gotta give this guy a try. Temp wise how would you compare to clen ?Always sweating?Im in the southwest with 95 degree days.If so,I'll probaly wait till winter so I wont kill myself

Blog Entries
    Its not quite as intense as clen and the duration is shorter but yes you will sweat.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    Nice,I gotta give this guy a try. Temp wise how would you compare to clen?Always sweating?Im in the southwest with 95 degree days.If so,I'll probaly wait till winter so I wont kill myself
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Its not quite as intense as clen and the duration is shorter but yes you will sweat.
    Yep....i sweat a little on albut but clen was far worse.

Add in t3 and there's a puddle where I was working out.

davesah1 is offline Member
    i love clen , sweet read tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information