preme44 is offline New Member

Changing my cals mid cycle.

I am doing a 16 week cycle. I am on week 7 of 16 and week 1-8 include test e, dbol which stopped at 4, and deca . At the start of week 9 I will be switching over to Test c, tren ace, and winstrol . My question is once week 9 starts would it be ok to drop my calories and do some cardio for fat loss? I don't want to loose the gains I made during week 1-8. Please help!
    Thanks

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Your cycle looks to long to me and you should have one set goal throughout. Switching goals throughout will ensure that you don't achieve either goal as well as you could.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Gaining muscle is much harder than burning fat. Bulk like a man and cut the fat later on.

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859
    Gaining muscle is much harder than burning fat. Bulk like a man and cut the fat later on.
    I like that concept.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Yes combination cycles rob you one way or the other. I learned this via trial and error myself years ago. Pick one goal and stick to it. These long cycles now a days make that much harder to do and IMO its getting out of hand. You could run 2, 8-10 weeks cycles, each with a dedicated goal and you would end up way farther ahead then doing what you are proposing.

Thanks guys

Instead of dropping your calories just eat cleaner. You'll be able to gain quality muscles with minimal fat gains.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I would love that statement to be true...

but thats not the case for lota of people...

I can easely eat over 5k cals daily so bulking is easy as ****...
    but eating under 3k is insanely hard, on the energy and on the moral...

so cutting is far from easy...
    gaining muscle however is easy as ****...

not everyone is the same...

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Stick to one goal throughout your cycle as mentioned. If u r lean try to stay as lean as possible so when it comes time to bulk again you are at an advantage. Clean up your diet as much as possible in an effort to avoid unwanted fat.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    you should have been eating clean, unprocessed, whole foods from the get go. You should know your TDEE and how many calories over you are eating for bulking. If you were doing things the right way instead of shooting from the hip like a cowboy, then there would be no need to be changing your nutrition plan, now would there?

Since the question is about an elementary aspect of body building, it sounds like you shouldn't be cycling in the first place.

Learn the basics mate. That's why we spend so much time here, to teach.

---Roman

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wish bulking was harder than cutting for me, that's for sure. I love to eat though.

oh and just for the record dont worry guys all i eat is; oaks, eggs,some fruit,meat, brown rice/ sweet potato,veggies. and my shakes.

bhmyers1968 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    I would love that statement to be true...

but thats not the case for lota of people...

I can easely eat over 5k cals daily so bulking is easy as ****...
    but eating under 3k is insanely hard, on the energy and on the moral...

so cutting is far from easy...
    gaining muscle however is easy as ****...

not everyone is the same...
    Im the exact opposite, I find it difficult to bulk, it takes a lot of hard work, perhaps genetics plays a role here. I have a hard time eating a clean 3200 calories a day. Thats a shit load of chicken and fish, lean beef. I can carb it up with sweet potatoes and rice, pasta but then If I go overboard there I start seeing the bf rise. Theres no magic formula, as stated everyones body is different and you have to find what works best for you. I think the most important thing you can do is use formulas to calculate your macros and track everything you eat, run that for a period of time and adjust to fit your goals. My TDEE is 2400 and I'm eating 3200 calories a day.
    Last edited by bhmyers1968; 07-24-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bhmyers1968 View Post
    Im the exact opposite, I find it difficult to bulk, it takes a lot of hard work, perhaps genetics plays a role here. I have a hard time eating a clean 3200 calories a day. Thats a shit load of chicken and fish, lean beef. I can carb it up with sweet potatoes and rice, pasta but then If I go overboard there I start seeing the bf rise. There no magic formula, as stated everyone body is different and you have to find what works best for you. I think the most important thing you can do is use formulas to calculate your macros and track everything you eat, run that for a period of time and adjust to fit your goals.
    a real easy way to do it? there are many, but this is how I've been doing it lately

16 fluid ounces of egg whites
    12.5 ounces chicken breast

both come from Costco
    this will give you a very clean 100 grams of protein, with almost no fat or carbs. you put both in the blender, and you get two glasses to down.

quite often, I do this twice a day. which gives me 200 grams of protein. then I can relax and eat a nice steak dinner and hit all my macros.

Not sure my gag reflex would allow that!! Hats off to you. Im hitting a steady 330-360 grams of protein a day.

Not sure my gag reflex would allow that!! Hats off to you. Im hitting a steady 330-360 grams of protein a day.
    I don't drink the egg whites straight. when blended with the chicken, it's not too terrible. if you feel so inclined, you can maybe put an apple in there

so whats the advantage over just throwing them in a skillet with the chicken and eating them that way? I guess were back to the how do you consume more calories method, drinking them is faster I suppose.

so whats the advantage over just throwing them in a skillet with the chicken and eating them that way? I guess were back to the how do you consume more calories method, drinking them is faster I suppose.
    the advantage is time. I can prep, eat and clean up in under five minutes. Plus, the advantage is I don't feel nearly as full when I drink it this way as opposed to eating it cooked. For me, 3500 cals doesn't make me feel like I have gorilla gut anymore.

I will have to give it a try......

good luck.

I'm always experimenting and trying new things. sometimes they work, other times they don't.

this one works well for me

Thread Information