Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Baxter35
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By Baxter35

Thread: Cruising at higher than TRT doses

Cruising at higher than TRT doses

This web site is really conservative about dosages compared to most other web sites discussing this subject. It leads me to a question -

How many of you blast and cruise and have a cruise dose that is higher than a standard TRT dose, e.g., 200 mg a week?

If so, what is your cruise dose?

How long have you been doing it?

Any ill effects?

djs2224 is offline Junior Member
    I blast and cruse with 250mg a week did that for 3 months on cycle now going to cruise at 500 after this cycle

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Everyone is different. Depends on your blood work. I think that the 200 a week is more of a bench mark. I started out on 100 mg Q 7 days, then moved to q 5 days. Now I have been moved up to a higher dose due to my last labs. How long have your been on TRT? Does the doctor feel like your RX has stabilized your test levels? This is the reason I have not done a cycle in a long time. I want to make sure I have my test levels dialed in before doing anything.

What test levels are you looking to cruse on?

davesah1 is offline Member
    Had my bloods done after 12 weeks of tren 500 and test 500 mgs as well as BP monitered for the day at a hospital. Doc said I had "the vitals of a racehorse."
    Was off tren for 10 days tho. Thyroid was fine as well as lipids and cholesterol, but everyone is different.

I cruised on 300 a week last time, and just finished 1200 test 533 tren weekly, and blood pressure, cholesterol, and hemoglobin were all normal. Actually cholesterol was freakishly good, with the good number being at the top of the range and the bad number being lower than the reference range. I am considering 600 a week cruise this time.

davesah1, you say 12 weeks of tren and test at 500 apiece. That sounds like your blast. What is your cruise, and is that dude with the freakishly large arms in the avatar you?

aha yeah it is. They're only 18's tho.
    I haven't cruised before but being realistic with myself I think I am about to start, this was my second cycle of test at 500 for 16 weeks and tren at 500 for 12. Going to see how the 300 mg range treats me only on week 13 and a half tho so im still pinning 500 mgs. Was planning on PCT but after consulting with my first cycle before and after pics and the horrors of PCT keeping these gains seems like some Alice in Wonderland shit. I'm fine with TRT in the future. Never plan on exceeding 500mgs on a cruise and just hitting two blasts a year. Deca in winter and Tren in Summer as a base for blast.
    Last edited by davesah1; 07-24-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    I think the reason this site errs on the side of conservative is because most of the mods are long term trt patients who have learned that less is more. The predominant theme here is to put long term haelth and safety first, which means limiting doses to the lowest necessary to achieve the desired results, whether that be trt or aas cycling. With cruising/trt, I think rather than ask how high one can go without negative sides a better question is how low can one go and still keep gains and maintain health. When you start looking at side effects spread out over 20-30 years vs. 3-6 months you start to see things differently. There are some pretty big guys on the trt forum who blast once or twice a year and maintain big size on trt doses in the range of 100-150 a week.
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    I think the reason this site errs on the side of conservative is because most of the mods are long term trt patients who have learned that less is more. The predominant theme here is to put long term haelth and safety first, which means limiting doses to the lowest necessary to achieve the desired results, whether that be trt or aas cycling. With cruising/trt, I think rather than ask how high one can go without negative sides a better question is how low can one go and still keep gains and maintain health. When you start looking at side effects spread out over 20-30 years vs. 3-6 months you start to see things differently. There are some pretty big guys on the trt forum who blast once or twice a year and maintain big size on trt doses in the range of 100-150 a week.
    yeah I agree, unless your going pro no reason to blast your body like a shotgun and cruise like a magnum.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    80mg test c/week

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great comment. I cruise at 200mg/wk. Would I like to cruise higher? Sure! I don't see the necessity to do so, especially if it's compromising your health. With higher doses, risks for hypertension, hyperlipidemia and other risks increase. The risks aren't the same for everyone either. Some guys can cruise above 500 and their blood work, perhaps with the exception of hormone ranges, remain good. Others, anything above 250 per week and they may struggle with controlling E2 or effect their blood chemistry in other ways. If someone takes the responsibility of checking their blood work regularly, including nonstandard tests, then I'd be less concerned. Unfortunatley, many guys only get blood work done when there's a problem and that's not.the smartest way to manage your health. It's far better to be proactive than reactive with your health.

So, anybody but me and davesah1 over 250 or considering staying over 250?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    let your blood panels be your guide.

keep an eye on RBC and hemacratic levels. check your estradiol. blood pressure. if all results show normal range, then you are green to go. no one can really answer your question without seeing your blood panel results and your blood pressure.
    MuscleInk likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    A cruise what is higher than a standard trt dose isn't cruising its cycling, first you don't need higher dose to maintain your gains second you need to look at your training and diet along side your cruise to help maintain your gains if your having trouble holding onto them when cruising. Ive held onto and maintained over 250lbs on trt for far longer than any cruise, more like years!
    Last edited by marcus300; 07-26-2014 at 02:10 AM.
    MuscleInk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    A cruise what is higher than a standard trt dose isn't cruising is cycling, first you don't need higher dose to maintain your gains second you need to look at your training and diet along side your cruise to help maintain your gains if your having trouble holding onto them when cruising. Ive held onto and maintained over 250lbs on trt for far longer than any cruise, more like years!
    Marcus,

Thanks for your input. I know you have been around here forever and are well respected, but I have no clue what you look like. What height and bodyfat percentage is that 250 pounds, and do you think that all others can do the same as you regardless of genetics and age?

I ask because just about everybody I know carrying that kind of weight, lean, is cruising on more than TRT doses, and those on TRT doses for a long time eventually revert back to smaller and pudgier - of course, it could be everybody I know does not know how to eat or train. I think it more likely that TRT doses replace natural levels and thus a guy on TRT for too long is not going to look larger and leaner than a natural lifter. Is that reasoning not sound?

One of the reasons I stopped PCTing is because I found that I could not stay over 205 pounds without being "soft" and "pudgy" regardless of strength. Dieting only dropped the pounds off, of course, but then I am in my late 40s, which probably has a lot to do with it (I was a natural lifter until I was in my 40s, when I "discovered" AAS).

So, due to the fact that I could not keep my gains, I decided to cruise. I held onto quite a bit for a while cruising at 300mg a week, and, eventually, I started to notice a strength decrease, at which point I jumped on the next cycle, which I actually used as a cut, thanks to diet help here in the diet section (see the "fat old man needs help" thread for a laugh). Test and tren , and hematocrit and such were "perfect" according to the doctor. Other values were great as well.

So I decided this time to cruise on 600, but I will consider carefully your input and that of others, and continue to watch blood pressure and other indicators. I will also consider lowering the cruise, but I am very curious as to what others are doing, and of course the results they have doing whatever it is they are doing.

There's no easy way to verify this 100%, but I often wonder how much different peoples response to different doses depends on the source of the gear. Meaning, most guys running much higher than trt doses are self medicating and I would assume sourcing their gear from one ugl or another. Whereas trt patients get legit pharmacy grade gear. Inconsistent ugl dosing could be part of the explanation for how one person can be on trt at say ~100mg/wk yet have better results than someone cruising at 250. I've seen firsthand how my body reacts to 200mg/wk on trt and can't imagine maintaining 300/wk let alone 600/wk for any length of time.
    MuscleInk likes this.

There's no easy way to verify this 100%, but I often wonder how much different peoples response to different doses depends on the source of the gear. Meaning, most guys running much higher than trt doses are self medicating and I would assume sourcing their gear from one ugl or another. Whereas trt patients get legit pharmacy grade gear. Inconsistent ugl dosing could be part of the explanation for how one person can be on trt at say ~100mg/wk yet have better results than someone cruising at 250. I've seen firsthand how my body reacts to 200mg/wk on trt and can't imagine maintaining 300/wk let alone 600/wk for any length of time.
    That's a very good point, Baxter35.
    I once tested a UGL testosterone through blood testing, and the results came in at less than half of what they should have been.
    Even if a UGL tests ok once, it does not mean the next vial will not be underdosed, too.

This all brings us full circle back to blood testing being the key. Its all well and good to list doses in terms if XXXmg/wk, but if not comparing apples to apples that falls apart. Best thing is to get blood tests based on whatever gear you want to cruise on and decide from there what dose is needed to get your counts where you want them. Basically, cruising and trt needs to be treated the same (since that's really what it is at that point anyway.).

Thread Information