Roughneck82 is offline Associate Member

Estrogen and injuries

Is there a direct relationship between high estrogen and being injury prone. Seems like the last 3 cycles I've ran, when coming to the end. I've gotten some kind of injury. This one pulled a muscle in lat or ribs, last time pulled or tore something in neck doing bench press, that is still hanging around 18 months later. Did blood work last week, and e2 was 245 (way high I know), so I was thinking that might be upping my chances of being injured

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've never heard of any correlation between E2 levels and an increased chance of injury.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    I've never heard of any correlation between E2 levels and an increased chance of injury.
    No, but elevated E2 will hinder wound healing.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am taking a complete shot in the dark without having all of the facts but most of the time injuries like those are due to over-training or not having started with a decent base.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    I am taking a complete shot in the dark without having all of the facts but most of the time injuries like those are due to over-training or not having started with a decent base.
    Lets add not warming up properly and poor form.
    Also a lot of time it's going to heavy to quick.

davesah1 is offline Member
    low e2 will **** with your joints, but high e2 just effect gains via high SHGB

Quote Originally Posted by davesah1 View Post
    low e2 will **** with your joints, but high e2 just effect gains via high SHGB
    It's it funny how the whole E2 things works? You need E2 to have muscle growth. To little and you get joint issues, ED and other sides. To high and you get very similar sides but also the possibility of the dreaded gyno

The neck injury could have been from not maiming up properly, first set of bench press at 4am was 315lbs. But this last thing was into my work out an hr or so good sweat going. Going to do over head tri-cep extension with cables. Picked up bar and pulled rib out of place or pulled muscle. I've doubled my Adex to .8 ed and starting to feel great. How long does it take to reverse the e2 levels. Or is everyone different

E2 levels are reversed pretty quick. Sounds like that is what you needed to di, up the Adex.

Learn to take take to warm up or you will be set back by months if not years due to injury like a lot of us.

2iron is offline Associate Member
    Anyone know how dangerous e2 of 245 is? How much does bf% play apart of adex dose?

Quote Originally Posted by 2iron View Post
    Anyone know how dangerous e2 of 245 is? How much does bf% play apart of adex dose?
    Yes, you are going to develop man boobs and start lactating and maybe grow a vagina.... lol
    Everyone is different. Some people get gyno at much lower levels. Mine has been as high as 379 and I felt no sides except not getting the gains I should have.

BF plays more of a roll in the conversion of test into E2. I dont think BF has anything to do with how much adex you need except for the fact if you E2 is higher you may/will need more to get it lower.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    With some if OP's injuries(all muscular)... Are you drinking enough water??? That can very well tighten you up and one false move; or has it usually happened in the last two-three reps(this could mean your form is or was breaking down causing an injury from trying to get those last couple reps in!! And always breath when pushing(bench press, etc), and pulling(for bicep curls/seated rows, etc)!

Good luck!

Good point with the water intake. Now that you bring that up I really fell off on that. Thank nach3 and lovbyts for the input

Thread Information