Results 1 to 27 of 27
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By derekkpapa1

Thread: Where can I go for a Hernia (Doctors not taking it seriously)

  1. #1
    middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133

    Where can I go for a Hernia (Doctors not taking it seriously)

    4 months out of the gym and im getting sick of these retarded doctors. First ones did an mri and said nothing wrong just an abdominal strain which is complete bs because it literally has barley gotten any better 4 months of rest. So i set an appointment up with another doctor and they made me wait 1 month and 2 weeks ... I was scheduled to go in next week but today the nurse or someone called me and tells me the provider is not accepting my insurance anymore so they're gonna have to reschedule it to September. Anywhere I can go to get this surgery over with

  2. #2
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    Sounds like you need a new doctor, or at least a second opinion.

  3. #3
    derekkpapa1's Avatar
    derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast usa
    Posts
    4,651
    What country you in?

  4. #4
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,450
    If your in the US it's easy. If your clinic has more than one doctor working there just ask to see another doctor. Ive done it.

  5. #5
    middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Ive asked for 3 different doctors. First two doctors said they're not accepting new patients.... finally got this 3rd one and they do this to me. Is there any place I can just walk in and have it done. I live in the U.S

  6. #6
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    There are all kinds of walk in clinics if you live in a town that has some. I do not live in a big town but we have a couple here. They are mainly for people with no insurance and offer discounted rates, might be a quicker solution than waiting for an appointment.

  7. #7
    derekkpapa1's Avatar
    derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast usa
    Posts
    4,651
    How are you so sure you need surgery if a mri came up negative?

  8. #8
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    How are you so sure you need surgery if a mri came up negative?
    WebMD can be scary. Google a UTI and turns out you have AIDS.

  9. #9
    middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    There are all kinds of walk in clinics if you live in a town that has some. I do not live in a big town but we have a couple here. They are mainly for people with no insurance and offer discounted rates, might be a quicker solution than waiting for an appointment.
    did a walk in clinic charged me 145 $ for some clown to rub my stomach and tell me im fine....

  10. #10
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    Well that sucks, it is only $75 here for a rub down, less at a massage parlor. I blame Obamacare.

  11. #11
    derekkpapa1's Avatar
    derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast usa
    Posts
    4,651
    Ranger did you just say rub down and massage parlor is same sentence? I want to come too!
    RangerDanger830 likes this.

  12. #12
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    Ranger did you just say rub down and massage parlor is same sentence? I want to come too!
    Yeah for what the OP paid I hope he got a happy ending included in that deal. lol

  13. #13
    middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Any other ideas?

  14. #14
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,450
    Only choice is another doctor/clinic. Nothing anyone here can do if it's a hernia. You can wear a wrap like this. It may help temporarily.


  15. #15
    middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Only choice is another doctor/clinic. Nothing anyone here can do if it's a hernia. You can wear a wrap like this. It may help temporarily.

    Hmm ok. Is their any possibility its a really bad abdominal strain? I dont have any bulges and it really never bothers me unless I lift heavy. Lifted pretty light today and no problems. If it is a strain I could just cruise on GH and test which I can easily afford.

  16. #16
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,450
    Being able to afford GH is one thing, being able to get REAL GH is another unless you can get an RX.

    If it hurts when you lift heavy dont lift heavy and I'm thinking if it's been been hurting for quite a while I would still persue trying to find out what it is because you don't want to be lifting and have it push through the stomach.

    If you think it might be a strain then stop lifting for a couple of week, it wont kill you and then work into it SLOW. Give it time to heal. You might need to even take a month or more off. Yeah it sucks but it's better than getting worse.

    I had to lay of 100% for over 3 months due to eye surgery and then shoulder surgery. It's just a speed bump in life.

  17. #17
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    some of those middle eastern doctors, depending on which country we are referring to (I'm specifically thinking of Afghanistan) barely have two years of college and call themselves a medical doctor....

  18. #18
    middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    some of those middle eastern doctors, depending on which country we are referring to (I'm specifically thinking of Afghanistan) barely have two years of college and call themselves a medical doctor....
    Im in the U.S bro lol and Afghanistan is in Central Asia not Middle east.

  19. #19
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by middleeasternmuscle View Post
    Im in the U.S bro lol and Afghanistan is in Central Asia not Middle east.
    your "name" threw me.

    and where exactly is the border between the middle east and central asia?

    I lived in Afghanistan for almost 2 years..............

  20. #20
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,450
    Quote Originally Posted by middleeasternmuscle View Post
    Im in the U.S bro lol and Afghanistan is in Central Asia not Middle east.
    My wife who is Asian keeps telling me the same thing but it just doesnt work that way in my brain. Big difference between the people/culture in Afghanistan and Asia/Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Filipino. Just my observation.

  21. #21
    middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Being able to afford GH is one thing, being able to get REAL GH is another unless you can get an RX.

    If it hurts when you lift heavy dont lift heavy and I'm thinking if it's been been hurting for quite a while I would still persue trying to find out what it is because you don't want to be lifting and have it push through the stomach.

    If you think it might be a strain then stop lifting for a couple of week, it wont kill you and then work into it SLOW. Give it time to heal. You might need to even take a month or more off. Yeah it sucks but it's better than getting worse.

    I had to lay of 100% for over 3 months due to eye surgery and then shoulder surgery. It's just a speed bump in life.
    Ive laid off weights for 4 months.... just did cardio during that time. Its defintley gotten better before I had to sleep on norcos cause the pain was so bad.

  22. #22
    middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    My wife who is Asian keeps telling me the same thing but it just doesnt work that way in my brain. Big difference between the people/culture in Afghanistan and Asia/Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Filipino. Just my observation.
    Because Afghanistan is an Islamic nation which is why people mistake them for Middle eastern people. See I am from Iraq and we laugh when people call afghans and Pakistani people middle eastern. Sad part is they actually believe they are middle eastern as well lol. Anything past Iran is Central Asia. If you go in the deep parts of Afghanistan their is many Afghans who you would mistake for Asians. Chinky eyes ...etc

  23. #23
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    My wife who is Asian keeps telling me the same thing but it just doesnt work that way in my brain. Big difference between the people/culture in Afghanistan and Asia/Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Filipino. Just my observation.
    I could be wrong with calling Afghanistan the "middle east" but I'm operating from more of a religious perspective where the Muslim world is primarily thought of as being in the Middle East.

    While we were living there, the expat population seemed to refer to our location as being in the middle east. Not once do I remember anyone saying we were in Central Asia.

  24. #24
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by middleeasternmuscle View Post
    Because Afghanistan is an Islamic nation which is why people mistake them for Middle eastern people. See I am from Iraq and we laugh when people call afghans and Pakistani people middle eastern. Sad part is they actually believe they are middle eastern as well lol. Anything past Iran is Central Asia. If you go in the deep parts of Afghanistan their is many Afghans who you would mistake for Asians. Chinky eyes ...etc
    that's right. My Afghani staff referred to themselves as being in the middle east.

    So it sounds to me that the answer depends on who you talk to?

  25. #25
    middleeasternmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    that's right. My Afghani staff referred to themselves as being in the middle east.

    So it sounds to me that the answer depends on who you talk to?
    Afghanistan Listeni/æfˈɡænɨstæn/ (Pashto/Dari: افغانستان, Afġānistān), officially the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, is a landlocked country located in Central Asia and South Asia.[8][9] It has a population of around 31 million people, making it the 42nd most populous country in the world. It is bordered by Pakistan in the south and east; Iran in the west; Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan in the north; and China in the far northeast. Its territory covers 652,000 km2 (252,000 sq mi), making it the 41st largest country in the world.

  26. #26
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,450
    Google/Wikipedia....

  27. #27
    Baxter35's Avatar
    Baxter35 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    632
    As TR said, "middle eastern" is more commonly used as a cultural description rather than geographical. Obviously nobody can argue about where Afghanistan is located geographically, but I agree than from a cultural/religious standpoint it is best described as middle eastern.

    OP...good luck getting the pain figured out, hernia or not if its been hurting four months then there's something going on that doctors haven't figured out yet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •