Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By derekkpapa1
  • 1 Post By RangerDanger830

Thread: Letro too harsh to be main AI?

davesah1 is offline Member

Letro too harsh to be main AI?

Is letrozole too 'harsh' to be a preferred AI or is this just bro-science?
    At first I hated it but have grown to like it and got the dosing down pat, haven't zapped my e once since it first happened.
    Should I go about getting adex instead for PCT/cruise.

I really do not feel like reacclimating to a new AI.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well Letro is harsh, but too harsh only happens to people who are guessing their needed doses. As long as you get some bloodwork while using a particular dose of Letro and use your estrogen levels to dial in the dose then it should be fine.

I think most people just say it is too harsh are just pandering to the less intelligent because we all know not everyone is going to do it right and get bloodwork done, I am guilty of that myself. I will say that estrogen is a lot harder to crash than people would think. I have taken quite a bit of Letro before and still never came close to crashing it on cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    Well Letro is harsh, but too harsh only happens to people who are guessing their needed doses. As long as you get some bloodwork while using a particular dose of Letro and use your estrogen levels to dial in the dose then it should be fine.

I think most people just say it is too harsh are just pandering to the less intelligent because we all know not everyone is going to do it right and get bloodwork done, I am guilty of that myself. I will say that estrogen is a lot harder to crash than people would think. I have taken quite a bit of Letro before and still never came close to crashing it on cycle.
    and then you have guys saying that it wiped the floor with them and they're dick don't work, and they have no sex drive, and the usual low e stuff (some go on to say it persisted for months.....) and these are the ones who oppose it. It screwed with me at first but now is letro being a nice lady instead of a whore.

Quote Originally Posted by davesah1 View Post
    and then you have guys saying that it wiped the floor with them and they're dick don't work, and they have no sex drive, and the usual low e stuff (some go on to say it persisted for months.....) and these are the ones who oppose it. It screwed with me at first but now is letro being a nice lady instead of a whore.
    I do not doubt that it does really screw some guys up, we all have different sensitivities to these things anyway. Even knowing that though, I would still say Letro is a viable and economical choice to anyone who does the bloodwork to confirm doses, even to the guys that are sensitive to it.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Dave if letro works for you at keeping E2 in range then don't fix something that isn't broken. I would like to say that letro is harsher on lipid profiles and IGF than the other AIs. My biggest concern other than crashing E2 would be an increase in cholesterol.

thanks for the feedback. and yes it is very goddamn economical.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dave is that you in avatar? If so something is working well for you.
    davesah1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    Yeah I think you have some quality gains going on there
    davesah1 likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Is letrozole too 'harsh' to be a preferred AI or is this just bro-science?
    At first I hated it but have grown to like it and got the dosing down pat, haven't zapped my e once since it first happened.
    Should I go about getting adex instead for PCT/cruise.

I really do not feel like reacclimating to a new AI.

I prefer it over the other AI's. It just works best for me. I like it has a long
    half life so doses can be infrequent and low.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Dave if letro works for you at keeping E2 in range then don't fix something that isn't broken. I would like to say that letro is harsher on lipid profiles and IGF than the other AIs. My biggest concern other than crashing E2 would be an increase in cholesterol.
    I got blood work and doc said I had the vitals of a racehorse. Cholesterol and lipids were g2g.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    Thanks man. Yeah its from my cycle log. I liked this pic a lot. Rumor has it the gear was under-dosed. But tren was one hell of drug, whatever the actual potency was.

is this something that becomes more pronounced long term or will you know after 12 weeks?

And the joint sides....is this a product of low e or letro by itself?
    Last edited by davesah1; 08-01-2014 at 08:57 PM.

is this something that becomes more pronounced long term or will you know after 12 weeks?

And the joint sides....is this a product of low e or letro by itself?
    To be honest I'm not sure if the long term effects of lectro on cholesterol. Cholesterol shouldn't be an issue as long as it's monitored. Joint pain can be caused by a lot of things but I don't think it's a side effect of letro. Long term use of letro has been shown to decreases bone mineral density which can result in fractures and osteoporosis.

To be honest I'm not sure if the long term effects of lectro on cholesterol. Cholesterol shouldn't be an issue as long as it's monitored. Joint pain can be caused by a lot of things but I don't think it's a side effect of letro. Long term use of letro has been shown to decreases bone mineral density which can result in fractures and osteoporosis.
    Aren't those studies done on women (at least the ones ive read) and the decreased bone mineral density would be from lacking E or something of the sort. It's hard to find scientific articles, if there is any, on AI's used by men juicing.

Aren't those studies done on women (at least the ones ive read) and the decreased bone mineral density would be from lacking E or something of the sort. It's hard to find scientific articles, if there is any, on AI's used by men juicing.
    Yes it's true that most AI studies are done on women because lets face it AIs were designed for women with breast cancer. There are a few studies on men and even men on TRT for combating HIV. My previous posts were largely paraphrasing posts from MuscleInk.

I do know that if you take too much Letro and have low enough estrogen levels then you can experience joint pain. I am not saying that is the cause, because there are many causes of joint pain in our world, just an idea.

"In obese men with obesity-related hypogonadism, a single weekly dose of letrozole at 2.5mg normalized total serum testosterone and raised free testosterone to supraphysiological levels in 7 of 12 men.[3] The study continued for six months and levels of testosterone as well as E2 remained stable for the duration of the study.[3]

In a group of female-to-male ovariectomized transexuals who were followed for one year, those receiving 1,000mg testosterone undecanoate with letrozole did not experience any negative changes to insulin resistance, FSH, LH, or body composition.[4] They did however lose bone mineral density averaging 0.9g/cm^2.[4]

In a study by Lapauw et al designed to "assess and compare the effects of short-term aromatase inhibition on glucose metabolism, lipid profile, and adipocytokine levels in young and elderly men," researchers found that[5]:

Short-term aromatase inhibition appears to affect glucose metabolism in young men, and lipid metabolism, including leptin secretion, in young and elderly men. Furthermore, the short period of exposure suggests that these changes might be mediated by direct effects of sex steroids rather than by changes in body composition.[5]

More from Lapauw's findings:
    Both in young and elderly men, active treatment significantly increased serum testosterone (+128 and +99%, respectively) and decreased estradiol levels (-41 and -62%, respectively). Fasting glucose and insulin levels decreased in young men after active intervention (-7 and -37%, respectively) compared with placebo. Leptin levels fell markedly in both age groups (-24 and -25%, respectively), while adiponectin levels were not affected by the intervention. Lipid profile was slightly impaired in both groups, with increasing low density lipoprotein-cholesterol levels (+14%) in the younger age group and 10% lower levels of APOA1 in the elderly. A decline in IGF1 levels (-15%) was observed in the younger age group. No changes in weight or body mass index were observed in either young or old men. CONCLUSIONS: Short-term aromatase inhibition appears to affect glucose metabolism in young men, and lipid metabolism, including leptin secretion, in young and elderly men. Furthermore, the short period of exposure suggests that these changes might be mediated by direct effects of sex steroids rather than by changes in body composition.[5]

Patry et al followed the results of a single patient whose infertility due to non obstructive azoospermia was treated with letrozole and reported a successful outcome: "Testis biopsy showed normal spermatogenesis following 4 months of letrozole therapy."[6]

Maurus investigates the potential of letrozole for maximizing growth, presumably vis-a-vis testosterone increase, in short-stature children and concludes:
    This class of drugs, if judiciously used for a window of time, offers promise as an adjunct treatment of growth delay in pubertal patients with GH deficiency, idiopathic short stature, testotoxicosis, and other disorders of growth. These evolving uses of aromatase inhibitors, however, represent off-label use of the product, and definitive data on their efficacy are not available for each of the conditions mentioned. Safety issues regarding bone health also require further study.[7]

Tamoxifen and letrozole are often indicated for similar therapeutic uses. Therefore, a number of comparison studies exist measuring various aspects, such as (for example) non-therapeutic effects or side effects. In one such study, Phillips et al analyze data from the BIG 1-98 randomized trial and conclude:
    In this sub-study, breast cancer patients taking adjuvant letrozole during the fifth year of treatment had better cognitive function than those taking tamoxifen, suggesting aromatase inhibitors do not adversely impact cognition compared with tamoxifen.[8]

In a novel study on the effects of letrozole used to treat peripubertal boys with short stature, Hero et al found:
    Letrozole effectively inhibited the conversion of androgen to oestrogen, as indicated by high serum testosterone and low serum estradiol concentrations in letrozole treated boys who progressed into puberty. In both groups there was a gain in performance during the follow-up period in tests of verbal performance, in most of the tests of visuospatial performance, and in some tests of verbal memory. No significant differences between the letrozole and placebo treated boys in development of cognitive performance were found in any of the tests during the follow-up period. Conclusions: Our results suggest that blockade of oestrogen biosynthesis with an aromatase inhibitor does not influence cognitive performance in prepubertal males.[9]"

Thread Information