Thread: my first cycle

megabot is offline New Member

my first cycle

If you have any advice or input I would really appreciate your thoughts

I signed up for an account because I want to get some information on Anavar . I started taking 12mg a day in 6mg doses. I have noticed my hunger is much higher than normal. I don't want to gain body fat. So i wanted to tell you guys about my work out routine and diet. I go to the gym 6 days a week. 4 of the 6 days I go twice. I don't feel over trained. I was eating 190g of carbs, 155g protein, 53g fat. My appetite is so high today i ate 200g carbs, 200g protein 72g of fat. I am stronger already. Today has been two weeks and two days. My squat is up 15lbs. My muscles feel harder. I have gained 5ish pounds, but i think some of it is strength and some of it is water. I read in a lot of places that some women retain water. I think i am one of them. I just want to know how many calories i should be eating to not gain fat, and hopefully lean out with my new muscle. What are you thoughts?

To give you a better idea about my workouts.

Monday AM isolated leg, moderate weight, high volume, 20 mins of HIIT
    Monday PM Olympic weights

Tuesday AM shoulder and back high volume and 20 mins hiit
    Tuesday PM Oly lifting

Wed AM Isolated leg, high volume 20 mins hiit
    Wed PM oly lift

Thursday AM Arms, high rep, mod weight, 15 mins HIIt
    Thursday PM Oly lift

Friday PM oly lift

Saturday sometime oly lift

i am training for competitive clean and jerk, and snatch. So my oly lift work outs are 90 mins to 2.5 hours.
    my AM training is 60mins to 90 mins. I am eating a lot of carbs for all the glyco use. My oly lifts consist of squats, Romanian dead lifts, cleans, jerks, snatch, lat pull down, tricep dips, sometimes abs.

So any thoughts of how many calories i should be eat, and what my macros should be?

I really appreciate your help! Thanks!
    Last edited by megabot; 08-15-2014 at 01:45 PM.

BigManCanada is offline New Member
    seems like very little calories, what are your stats?

I am 5'4.5"
    150 weight
    24 years old

i was weighing around 144-147 before i started var

i was eating 1900 cals before my var cycle started and i was slowly losing weight FYI. But not losing strength

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Yes, you're right, some women will retain water on var so it is possible. Particularly if you're taking a reasonable amount of salt in your diet (it doesn't have to be added it's prevalent in quite a few foods). You're var dosage is good and I like that you split it.

You gained 3-6lbs in 2 weeks but is sounds like you have increased your cal intake by up to 400cals. That means it's unlikely that you gained a lot of fat. Or a lot of muscle. Does this period of var use coincide with your monthly cycle at all? It's quite feasible that, with var, you can eat at maintenance calories and lose fat and gain strength.

Sounds like appetite control is your problem though with all that training you should be in need of plenty of calories. Do you know your bodyfat % at all?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I started eating more calories this past week. So I haven't been doing the extra 400 very long. I missed my period. I have used those bat fat testers that you hold, yesterday was 21.8%. Thanks for reading and posting something. I could really use some help

**I do eat salt. A normal amount whenever I get my blood drawn. I get my blood drawn 4 ish to 6 ish times a year
    Last edited by megabot; 08-15-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Thread Information