hammerr is offline New Member

advice on second cycle

hey guys, after lurking for some time I decided to actually open an account. Im about to run my second cycle and want your opinions.

My first cycle was test e 10 weeks, I had pretty decent results but ended up getting into a serious car accident in Mexico and broke my jaw. I was unable to work out and eat properly for a few months, and lost almost everything i gained, so this time around i'm looking to do a more comprehensive cycle.

my stats: 6'3, 175lbs, 25yrs, 15%bf

I am an ectomorph and looking to gain as much QUALITY mass as possible, pure bulking and wanting to keep most of my gains.

I'm thinking of running:

test p 12 weeks: 250mg per week
    primo week 1-4: 400mg/w
    week 5-8: 500mg/w
    week 9-12: 600 mg/w

my diet will be around 4000-5500 calories a day, planning on hitting 6k calories near week 8+

would love to know your opinions, i hear mixed results about primo and bulking, let me know if you guys would make any changes.

cheers

jesse4466 is offline Member
    That's a great frame to pack on at least 25 pounds naturally pretty quick. Figure out your TDEE and eat 500-1000 calories above that everyday.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerr View Post
    hey guys, after lurking for some time I decided to actually open an account. Im about to run my second cycle and want your opinions.

My first cycle was test e 10 weeks, I had pretty decent results but ended up getting into a serious car accident in Mexico and broke my jaw. I was unable to work out and eat properly for a few months, and lost almost everything i gained, so this time around i'm looking to do a more comprehensive cycle.

my stats: 6'3, 175lbs, 25yrs, 15%bf

I am an ectomorph and looking to gain as much QUALITY mass as possible, pure bulking and wanting to keep most of my gains.

I'm thinking of running:

test p 12 weeks: 250mg per week
    primo week 1-4: 400mg/w
    week 5-8: 500mg/w
    week 9-12: 600 mg/w

my diet will be around 4000-5500 calories a day, planning on hitting 6k calories near week 8+

would love to know your opinions, i hear mixed results about primo and bulking, let me know if you guys would make any changes.

cheers
    Why not run E again if you had good results?
    No need to ramp doses up and down
    Primo will do little at doses below 600 and even 600 may be low.
    How was your bf calculated?
    How long have you been in the gym since the accident?
    Why no AI?
    Why no HCG ?
    Why no PCT?

with test E I had more strength results than bulk, my muscle to strength ratio was pretty low, which is why I wanted to stack it with something else this time.

my bf is measured at the gym, ive been pretty consistently at 15% for the last 5-6 years. always been very lean, having a hard time gaining mass as my metabolism is out of the roof.

accident happened roughly two years ago, ive now been fully active in the gym for 7 months, maximized my natural strength and got my diet and sleep back in shape in preparation for round 2

and I am planning on taking arimdex through out the cycle, with clomid and nolvadex for pct

with test E I had more strength results than bulk, my muscle to strength ratio was pretty low, which is why I wanted to stack it with something else this time.

my bf is measured at the gym, ive been pretty consistently at 15% for the last 5-6 years. always been very lean, having a hard time gaining mass as my metabolism is out of the roof.

accident happened roughly two years ago, ive now been fully active in the gym for 7 months, maximized my natural strength and got my diet and sleep back in shape in preparation for round 2

and I am planning on taking arimdex through out the cycle, with clomid and nolvadex for pct
    Fair enough. I'm not a fan of short esters, but I'm on TRT so the washout duration isn't a particular issue I worry about.

Beating the metabolism is about caloric intake.

I've run primo twice. The highest at 1g/wk. It was less impressive than my expectations. More vascularity than anything. Higher doses were causing prostate issues so be aware of that risk. I'd choose masteron over primo from now own, but mast has an even greater affinity for androgen receptors on the prostate.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Fair enough. I'm not a fan of short esters, but I'm on TRT so the washout duration isn't a particular issue I worry about.

Beating the metabolism is about caloric intake.

I've run primo twice. The highest at 1g/wk. It was less impressive than my expectations. More vascularity than anything. Higher doses were causing prostate issues so be aware of that risk. I'd choose masteron over primo from now own, but mast has an even greater affinity for androgen receptors on the prostate.
    thanks for the info. for me my only goal is to gain, and to keep it after I come off. since I know I wont be able to keep up with 6000 calories a day naturally after the cycle is over I want to use a product that will create real mass.

would you recommend swapping primo with dbol or decca? you're not the first person to mention it didn't impress as much as predicted

thanks for the info. for me my only goal is to gain, and to keep it after I come off. since I know I wont be able to keep up with 6000 calories a day naturally after the cycle is over I want to use a product that will create real mass.

would you recommend swapping primo with dbol or decca? you're not the first person to mention it didn't impress as much as predicted
    Too much water with Deca and dbol if you want actual lean mass. Orals also cause a lot more acidity and dyspepsia for some guys but not everyone has a problem. A lot of guys like deca over dbol but you really need to manage your E2 aggressively or be prepared to run a DA to control your prolactin. Are you opposed to running test on its own a second time?

Remember to calculate your TDEE at the end of the cycle to determine the caloric intake needed to sustain the growth and you shouldn't be dropping a ton of weight or strength after the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Too much water with Deca and dbol if you want actual lean mass. Orals also cause a lot more acidity and dyspepsia for some guys but not everyone has a problem. A lot of guys like deca over dbol but you really need to manage your E2 aggressively or be prepared to run a DA to control your prolactin. Are you opposed to running test on its own a second time?

Remember to calculate your TDEE at the end of the cycle to determine the caloric intake needed to sustain the growth and you shouldn't be dropping a ton of weight or strength after the cycle.
    thanks a lot for the great info. I know my cycle will go as far as my diet goes, will calculate my TDEE at the end.

Thread Information