Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How did Arnold cope w/ Dbol only?

Jsik98 is offline Member

How did Arnold cope w/ Dbol only?

I find it strange how today it is common practice to have test included when injecting other anabolic hormones b/c of the sides w/out it, yet back in Arnold's heyday a dbol only cycle was perfectly normal and he among others seemed to be just fine. How could this guy keep making tremedous gains when people supposedly lose most of their gains when coming off dbol w/out proper pct? Later on they had test, that I'm aware of, but when he was in his late teens/early twenties, to my knowledge, he was only using dbol.......and at nineteen he was already a monster!! I don't get it! Anybody have any thoughts?

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Amazing genetics.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    He used dbol prior to competitions. From what I heard they usually ran them 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Plus the fact he was eating a shitload of food and kept his calories over 5,000. You'll grow from this trust me. In alot of pics you see him he really isn't that big when he isn't preparing for shows. Watch "Pumping Iron" because it shows a good example of this. He obviously shrunk down after these cycles because with dbol you will. But that was thing he could blow back up pretty easily again with dbol. Also his job was pretty much training and eating so that's another good reason he was making tremendous gains. Let's not forget genetics either.

ward065 is offline Member
    i watched pumping iron

ever see kinda in the beginning of the movie.......he does a set of dumbell flys, gets up......looks in the mirror talking about how he's pumped up....

seeing how ungodly huge he was, that inspired me years ago when i watched it to get into weight training. i said to myself, i want to look like that!

in fact the whole movie was a huuuuge motivation for me. i think he looked huge throughout the movie

Jsik98 is offline Member
    I'm thinking before Pumping Iron b/c by then I think test was already in the picture. Anyone know if test was already on the scene by 78? Anyway, I agree with you about how eating that many calories will keep you growing whether on dbol or not, but he never looks bloated or has a gut in any of his pictures. Unless maybe he never got photographed until he was in contest shape. That's definetely a possibility. However, answer me this, if doing a dbol only cycle is such a big no no, then how did this guy get to where he was, let's say at only 21, by doing dbol only cycles?

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    i watched pumping iron

ever see kinda in the beginning of the movie.......he does a set of dumbell flys, gets up......looks in the mirror talking about how he's pumped up....

seeing how ungodly huge he was, that inspired me years ago when i watched it to get into weight training. i said to myself, i want to look like that!

in fact the whole movie was a huuuuge motivation for me. i think he looked huge throughout the movie
    I totally know what you're talking about! I felt that same feeling when I first saw that seen. I was like, "damn!" dude is fukcin huge!! but what amazed me was how it still looked pleasing to the eye.

IronSheff is offline Junior Member
    i watched pumping iron

I know this exact scene where he is wearing the yellow tank and he flexes his tri's in the mirror. He does look insanely huge there; his arms looked bigger than his head.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Arnold lied and yes test and many other drugs were on the scene in 78. Of course it didn't hurt that he is a genetic freak.

MrExtreme is offline New Member
    D-bol gets you Huge.

Work out eat right you can gain 5lbs a week of Lean Muscle mass add it with Winnie and your good.

You look kind of bloated but in the morning the waters gone.

And it gives you massive strength. I'm 175 Benching normally 275 3 reps. Took 30mg of D-bol for 4 days doing 315 for 3 reps.

I stopped the D-bol for the simple fact I was getting to big to fast and people at the gym I think new I was Juicing and at my Gym you just can't do that so I stopped but

I'm sure I could put up 350lbs

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExtreme
    D-bol gets you Huge.

Work out eat right you can gain 5lbs a week of Lean Muscle mass add it with Winnie and your good.

You look kind of bloated but in the morning the waters gone.

And it gives you massive strength. I'm 175 Benching normally 275 3 reps. Took 30mg of D-bol for 4 days doing 315 for 3 reps.

I stopped the D-bol for the simple fact I was getting to big to fast and people at the gym I think new I was Juicing and at my Gym you just can't do that so I stopped but

I'm sure I could put up 350lbs
    ... haha

beast N°1 is offline Junior Member
    mr extreme your full of shit!
    35lbs gain on the bench in what....4days????
    tsss i hate when people try to be the coolest by lying!

Fozaldo is offline Associate Member
    Have to agree, your either full of shit or you were not trying to begin with and had a phsycological motivation while dbolling

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I don't think he ever went off cycle, similar to the pro's of today. You can do dbol only and keep your gains if you never come off.

SF7thGrp is offline Junior Member
    Yea thats true I dont think those guys ever come off a cycle

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beast N°1
    mr extreme your full of shit!
    35lbs gain on the bench in what....4days????
    tsss i hate when people try to be the coolest by lying!
    That much gain in that amount of time is possible, not with everyone but it is possible. When you take steroids , especially for your first time some ppl get very confident and try harder in their lifting, so your not actually gaining that much, it's a mind over matter thing.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    So, besides great genetics, as we've all already determined as fact, does anyone know how Arnold did all those dbol cycles, or as some of you stated-possibly stayed on year round, without test?? Okay, even if Arnold was the genetically gifted exception, how is it possible that all the guys in those days like Draper, Oliva, Zane, and Arnold did nothing but dbol only cycles (cause that's all that there was) and they all looked awsome and didn't appear to have suffered any sides? (I'm talking about before "Pumping Iron", before test was introduced)...... What I''m really trying to find out is if these guys got such amazing results from dbol, why is it such a big no no to do dbol by itself. I know some smart-ass is thinking "well, why don't you do a dbol only cycle and find out!" But I'm just curious as to what has changed from then to now? Why is it that in those days they could handle it and nowadays a dbol only cycle is almost taboo.

G-13 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsik98
    So, besides great genetics, as we've all already determined as fact, does anyone know how Arnold did all those dbol cycles, or as some of you stated-possibly stayed on year round, without test?? Okay, even if Arnold was the genetically gifted exception, how is it possible that all the guys in those days like Draper, Oliva, Zane, and Arnold did nothing but dbol only cycles (cause that's all that there was) and they all looked awsome and didn't appear to have suffered any sides? (I'm talking about before "Pumping Iron", before test was introduced)...... What I''m really trying to find out is if these guys got such amazing results from dbol, why is it such a big no no to do dbol by itself. I know some smart-ass is thinking "well, why don't you do a dbol only cycle and find out!" But I'm just curious as to what has changed from then to now? Why is it that in those days they could handle it and nowadays a dbol only cycle is almost taboo.

Because when you know better you do better....

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Roids were very underground and elite back then. I think they told us what they wanted to tell us. I'm sure Arnie, Lou and the others were on test, tbol, designer roids and other stuff. Test has been around for many years. Remember Arnie is from Austria so he probably had all kinds of Euro connections and roids were legal back then. Just imagine if they had GH and IGF1 back then? Sure, there was GRORM (cadaever extracted GH) in the late 70's but that was very hard to get and dangerous. These guys ruled the iron in the late 60's thru the 70's. I still believe that the 70's was the golden years of BB'n due to the straight up hard work that these guys logged in to get those incredible physiques. Bill Pearl looked AWESOME. Remember Jack Lalanes arms? Huge!

Arnold is almost like a mythical figure in my mind. He is defiantely the father of modern BBn and anabolics.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-15-2005 at 07:55 PM.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Back in Arnolds heyday there was much more available to these men than just d-bol I am sure. They could go to a trusted doctor and get a prescription for whatever they wanted. And youre not getting lean on d bol!

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i like the story arnold tells about him and his boys taking a keg into the woods and squating till they puked.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm thinking before Pumping Iron b/c by then I think test was already in the picture. Anyone know if test was already on the scene by 78? Anyway, I agree with you about how eating that many calories will keep you growing whether on dbol or not, but he never looks bloated or has a gut in any of his pictures. Unless maybe he never got photographed until he was in contest shape. That's definetely a possibility. However, answer me this, if doing a dbol only cycle is such a big no no, then how did this guy get to where he was, let's say at only 21, by doing dbol only cycles?
    Test has been around for a very long time. Suspension was used as early as world war II by nazi's for aggression.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    Test has been around for a very long time. Suspension was used as early as world war II by nazi's for aggression.
    No shit! So maybe he didn't do dbol only cycles. I had that impression b/c when he talked about steroid use in an interview he said something to the effect of "Yes, we used steroids , but it wasn't against the law in those days.......and a common dose was three dianabols a days." I have the dvd but don't feel like finding that part. But he said something like that. I just remember the three dianabols a day part! But who's to say they didn't use test as well, cause I guess they very well could have. Thanks for the responses........

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    i like the story arnold tells about him and his boys taking a keg into the woods and squating till they puked.
    Don't remember hearing that one! Sounds like a whole different kind of keg party though!

mike2nice is offline Associate Member
    if arnold was doing all that dbol , wouldn't his liver be fu cked?

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2nice
    if arnold was doing all that dbol, wouldn't his liver be fu cked?
    Generally speaking, yes! However, the liver does have the ability to regenerate itself. So he probably did do damage to his liver, but not enough to be a matter of concern. His heart is what took the heat.......2 triple bypass surgeries.

vegasdon is offline Junior Member
    they said that he and franco would fight over liver pills,i heard crazy sh!t like 50 pills aday? i dont know i'm sure it was rumor but then who knows, just look at the scene where lou is at his house and all the frekkin bottles on his dresser like 20 of them

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    you think arnold had good genetics. . .look at lou ferrigno. . .he is 6'7" and managed to pack a good 270lbs on to his frame, allbeit with "supplements" or not, at that height, that is pretty good i must say.

Spyder is offline Member
    They were on test aswell, not dbol only.

biggen is offline Associate Member
    i watched pumping iron

i think that movie had that affect on all of us i was house sitting a few weeks ago and the people had this huge HD projection movie screen, my first thought was to watch pumping iron on it but it seems to have been miss placed when i moived

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftgod84
    you think arnold had good genetics. . .look at lou ferrigno. . .he is 6'7" and managed to pack a good 270lbs on to his frame, allbeit with "supplements" or not, at that height, that is pretty good i must say.
    Yeah, the hulk was a freak way ahead of his time. I believe he got up to 300lbs ripped? I think that was probably around the mid-late 80's when synthetic GH started hitting the market in very limited quanities (somatropin?). Very expensive but the Hulk had a acting career.

I remember Arnold talking about how he would physch Lou out before contests to have a mental edge on him. Arnold is a very intelligent guy ontop of being a legendary BB.

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Yeah, the hulk was a freak way ahead of his time. I believe he got up to 300lbs ripped? I think that was probably around the mid 80's when synthetic GH started hitting the market. Very expensive but the Hulk had a acting career.

I remember Arnold talking about how he would physch Lou out before contests to have a mental edge on him. Arnold is a very intelligent guy ontop of being a legendary BB.
    He had the luxury of a good education and being in the right place in the right time, not to mention a good level of discipline from his father and his stint in the Austrian military. He did well for his time. The only thing he needed to work on was the size of his legs. Don't get me wrong, his legs def. had the cuts they needed, but they needed more size to match his upper body.
    Last edited by Liftgod84; 08-15-2005 at 10:32 PM.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    try to remember we can only speculate what he really took. Nobody knows today and arnold isnt telling and neither are his gym buddies from the 70's.. remember that. what works for one doesnt work for the other always. so the my friend got big of XXX doesnt mean you will.. we all have different genetic makeups.

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    if anrnie took AS, why is he so against it now?

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    uhhh cause its illegal here and he is the GOV.. what do you want him to say.. I think we should legalize it?? good luck at re-election.. truth is he says enough things that show he isnt really against it. He just cant outright say it.

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    i understand that but i've never read anything that says wot he took. even in pumping iron they dont talk about steroids .

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    What's amazing to me is most of those oldtimers didn't know about or do PCT. Yet, they are all fine. Go figure!

MJ

bigger is offline Senior Member
    He Was Sent Down By Daaa Gods

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigger
    He Was Sent Down By Daaa Gods
    "Krom"

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    i thought his infamous stack was primo and deca , but nobody know but him and his boyz.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I find it strange how today it is common practice to have test included when injecting other anabolic hormones b/c of the sides w/out it, yet back in Arnold's heyday a dbol only cycle was perfectly normal and he among others seemed to be just fine. How could this guy keep making tremedous gains when people supposedly lose most of their gains when coming off dbol w/out proper pct? Later on they had test, that I'm aware of, but when he was in his late teens/early twenties, to my knowledge, he was only using dbol.......and at nineteen he was already a monster!! I don't get it! Anybody have any thoughts?
    You have no idea what he ran and what he didn't, people speculate all the time but only he and his best friends know for sure. I've seen posts like this, with him using primo and d-bol, all we know is he used gear, because he said so. Afetr that is all a guessing game

JohnnyB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information